IGNORED

Darkside question.

wisbowmen

This will be my first time staying in the darkside. I have only been to Pattaya one other time a few years ago and stayed close to Walking Street

I booked a villa close to Dao pharmacy shop (off of Sukhumvit 53 ) , the animal hospital is close also.

I will not be going to Walking Street every day. A friend of mine will be going with and he has no interest in the women, none. We will be checking out some of the other attractions, temples, elephant trips, fishing ponds, etc. 

As for me, I am 100% going for women, its my main reason for going. I will be going to Walking Street some nights with out him and I am going to hit some of the bars in the area to look for a gem. 

My question, questions are. Am I going to have a real problem getting girls to go back to the darkside? I am a LT guy, over night, and will provide taxi money. I am not an all night gogo guy. I expect to be done drinking and headed back with a girl by 10 or 11 most nights. Will I be able to find a aircon taxi easy at that time of night? I hope to have a different woman bar fined every night so I hope I can find a couple gems in the darkside. Any other useful information, that is up to date, is most welcome. I have read every thread in this section, most is pretty old.

I will be in town the end of Feb into March. Any ex pats who live in the area who want to show me around will be most welcome, drinks on me! ( as long as you don't drink 5000 baht worth! lol )

There are quite a few bars at the darkside but spread out in a wide area so you will need a motorbike or taxi to get around . 

These bars usually don't have many lookers but the odd diamond can be found . Most of these bars close at midnight . 

Most girls downtown won't have a problem coming with you to the darkside . Just make clear it is for long time as there 

won't be many taxis after midnight on that side of town . 

Forget the metered taxis (there are hardly any and they won't use their meter anyway) . Just stop a song taew (open taxi)

and ask him to drive you home (usually around 300Bht) . 

The DS offers a different range of options than the Brightside, that is west of the Sukhumvit. It gives a different perspective of visiting Pattaya. The major difficulty for visitors to DS is transport. You need to have own n transport and really someone to show you the neighbour. If you are interested in LT then the DS is the affordable place to explore. But need to be flexible.

I would second that transportation will be your biggest problem...  I think I have an idea where you are staying.  If I am correct there are many darkside bars in the area.   Although they come and go all the time.  :-)      As a general rule darkside girls are a bit older but also can be a much better GFE.   All depends on what your like in a lady.  Sometimes you do find a diamond in the rough, a farm fresh girl who just came to town and is working where here friend is.

One thing you want to do for sure, is get instructions written in Thai to where you are staying.   Then when you get a baht bus (private) or taxi or motorcycle taxi you can show to driver.  Be sure you negotiate price before.   I mentioned in another thread that the main highway Sukumvit is all torn up.  (the brains of the town are digging a traffic tunnel.. in a town that floods all the time.. but that is another topic)   This means you have to go around this one way or the other to get to Numplub Wan.   Just be aware. 

As for seeing sights and the like.. you might want to find yourself a LT (couple days) to be tour guide.   Just get a girl who knows the town well and that you like being with.   Might have some suggestions for you if they still in town when you come. 

" Remember, no matter where you go, there you are " - Confucius

Thanks for the reply's and the pm's I have received.  I have answered the pm's and hope to see as many of you as are in town when I arrive. 

I will follow the information and suggestions you have given me and hope to learn more before and when I am there.

Thanks!

Thanks to a member for filling me in on the app Link. My name on there is the same as here for anyone who would like to chat via the app.

When I get a girl from WS and take her back to my place on the DS I make sure they understand it's a 20-30 min motorbike drive away.  Many years back the 1st WS girl I took over the the DS was worried I was taking her too far out of town and that I might have bad intentions (it made for a poor performance night).  

If you are new here, start out BFing the girls on the DS and as you get comfortable expand your radius, cheers.

Transportation is a bit tricky...  I always got a little bit further down Soi 53 and some pattaya motorbike taxi drivers really don't know this place. So the advice of having a thai written address card is good. I even changed motorbike taxis at the point where they were not sure any more... but the last few years i rent a motorbike... 

Some really nice restaurants out there... and many bars too but not on one spot but...

If you want to go Walking Street why not get a driver from around your place and get his phone number, so you can call him when you want to go back... usually that is no problem...it will take him 20 min. so you have time to finish your beer and walk up to the road crossing, where he can drop you off and pick you up again...

Find a taxi driver with fairly good English and use him all the time

Yep, this is my plan. I am going to get two numbers for taxis and use them all the time. I will pay them more then average and tell them if they are good I will tip them well before I leave.

Will I be able to find a aircon taxi easy at that time of night? I hope to have a different woman bar fined every night so I hope I can find a couple gems in the darkside.

Buy a 3G Sim Card (200 bahts/month) and use this service: http://www.grabtaxi.com/pattaya-thailand/

It works 24h/24, normaly the Taxi will come in 20mn. A course from Dao Bar to Pattaya will be 100 bahts to Pattaya Klang and less than 200 bahts to Walking Street.

Yep, this is my plan. I am going to get two numbers for taxis and use them all the time. I will pay them more then average and tell them if they are good I will tip them well before I leave.

What Soi are you on? 

I have a good contact on Nernplabwan from my days there, top bloke to know and very handy if you find yourself in a bit of bother of any sort

What Soi are you on? 

I have a good contact on Nernplabwan from my days there, top bloke to know and very handy if you find yourself in a bit of bother of any sort

I will message you.

Archived