IGNORED

best value breakfast in pattaya

Pig and whistle for me specially if you always go there and get friendly with the cook , slip her or him 50 baht now and then and that's the way to get a great breakfast when needed ,

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pig and whistle for me specially if you always go there and get friendly with the cook , slip her or him 50 baht now and then and that's the way to get a great breakfast when needed ,

I used to go there quite often years ago and yes it's one of the meals they do well.

Is it Rosy O'Grady's next door - seem to recall theirs was a tad better.

I'm surprised that anyone could call the Retox breakfast "small". I have a good appetite and it does me.

I'm also surprised that the waitress would not change items in it: they always do for me. In fact I find Retox to be particularly good at this. I always have more toast instead of fried bread, for example.

Yes, their juice does have a lot of ice in it.

All that said, your photo of the Drunken Duck breakfast looks quite similar to the Retox one (but no fried bread or black pudding or potato, though you do have a little marmalade) and I will try it some time.

What I meant was the individual portions, not the sum of them. Take the toast and fried bread for example, must be a thin slice of each from a rather small loaf.

As for the waitress, maybe it was "that time of the month" or she had a bad day or just took an instant dislike to me, don't know or care really. She was probably late 30,s and has almost backside length hair which she had in a pony tail..

DD is good but doesnt have aircon.

Talking of small individual portions, sometimes even the sum of them is not much.

I try loads of different places to eat, often I just think, hmmm I haven't been in here before so I will give it a try, of course there are highs and lows and the one below must count as virtually rock bottom.

One early afternoon I had a stroll along Soi Soi Buakhao, opposite the ghost town which is the R Con bar complex I saw this place

20150919_122011.jpg

German flag and a breakfast offer board

20150919_115431(1).jpg

Sounds good and Germans like their meat, a nice few items as well, so I gave it a try

Goodish start, nice strong coffee, tight with the OJ though.

20150919_120044.jpg

Then this appeared in front of me, please note the angle of the photo makes the scrambled eggs portion look far larger than it was, the baked beans are of normal size and use those few for scale

20150919_120516(1).jpg

Funnily enough I've never been back.

My worst find so far and at 99 baht its about twice as much as its worth.

Ps I didnt ask where the bacon was as it would have probably been postage stamp size anyway

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

I used to go there quite often years ago and yes it's one of the meals they do well.

Is it Rosy O'Grady's next door - seem to recall theirs was a tad better.

The P&W a few years back was a great spot for breakfast

Nowadays extremely average since the original owner passed away and don't get me started on their fish/ chips

Rosy,s next order is a much better option

Sailor Bar's breakfast set 2 is great value for money at a whopping 65 baht, I believe? Certainly not high quality , but 65 baht for a breakfast set which includes coffee and juice...

edit: I cant believe I just mentioned Sailor Bar in this topic... I will leave now. ;)

Sailor Bar's breakfast set 2 is great value for money at a whopping 65 baht, I believe? Certainly not high quality , but 65 baht for a breakfast set which includes coffee and juice...

edit: I cant believe I just mentioned Sailor Bar in this topic... I will leave now. ;)

I'd like to see a pic of that out of curiosity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep certainty cheap

But all the ingredients are of very low quality

The cheapest available

Worth going at least once so that those who don't know will know. I didn't realize it was low quality until folks on the internet that know let me know. Damn, I even liked the Grand  Slam at Denney's, I just didn't know.

Navidnavid is correct, if you're talking about value the Sailor Bar gives you eggs, bacon, mini hot dog, ham, toast, juice and coffee for super cheap. Otherwise, I'd only recommend their drinks, and the waitress will bitch at you if you get there too early.

Retired

germany

Where can I find a good "German Breakfast" in the LK Metro area?

Like this one.

germany

am coming out in jan for 5 weeks.normally use jimmy macs or i rovers, any other recomendations?cheers

Try the breakfast buffet at the Soi Diana Inn on the corner of Soi DIana and 2nd Rd. Last summer it was only 109 baht. Open from 7:30 to 10:30.

Where can I find a good "German Breakfast" in the LK Metro area?

Like this one.

Where's the cheeses and pickles

Without these that is not a good example of a German breakfast

Sorry for 2nd post in a row. Retox on Soi lengkee is also very great. Nice clean Bar with loads of TV screens.

My favourite, value for money breakfast was:

THB20 for half a papaya

THB20 for some Thai cakes

THB20 for some bottled drinks

THB40 for two rolls from Tops

A very humble breakfast with no meat. I wake up early, have this and then I sleep till 11.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@sixmonthnomad1815?sub_confirmation=1

I do videos about being a digital nomad, switching every six months between Malaysia and Pattaya, Thailand or other parts of South East Asia.

What about the subway ham and egg breakfast sandwich. Comes with a coffee too?

Still available?? - got to be good value. It was about 60b iirc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Robins nest or the Queen vic both have amazing breakfast. Im not normally a breakfast person but those two are my favorites. 

germany

germany

so another good example of american education?or have they recently moved lkmetro to likenbach texas or paris texas

frrejack ! not in lkmetro,but the closest i can remember heidelberg beach road,but i guess any guesthouse or bar run by a german would have something like that

Archived