Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

best value breakfast in pattaya

It depends what you mean by 'best value'.

The Swan do a large 99 baht breakfast before 12 (I think) but after eating one breakfast there I didn't want to go back!

The best breakfast I had during my last trip was at Pig & Whistle on Soi 7 though the Continental Bakery in Jomtien wasn't far behind.

I thought I'd read on here that Retox allow ignorant selfish c***s to smoke inside? If so, then it's permanently off my list.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nixon thread on this topic. Have a look

the nixonsbest thread.

he is the guru, hates baked beans but will often take one for the gipper

Did someone mention Nixon's thread?

.. to put a fine point on Nixon's breakfast obsession, http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/130612-nixonsbest-and-worst-breakfasts/?p=1976035.

.. if you've figured out the 'Search' function here, most all breakfast searches lead back to Nixon's mongo thread, now over 90 pages and filled with useful details and relevant advice.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

^^^

Its a very bloated thread though.

Can you tell us where it tells us the answer to the question this thread poses?

Retox apparently.

"Good value" is for me a factor of price and quality. Retox's breakfast may be the cheapest but it's practically inedible. I would rather pay 3 times that for a really good breakfast at Bake 'n Brew.

.. the OP wrote "best value" breakfast, which could include tons of "cheapest" breakfast venues, many of which are listed here .. quite frankly, some would make a pig puke.

.. to me, best value is the balance between cost and quality.

.. Casa Pascal breakfast buffet .. full stop.

.. at THB 225 +VAT and the food quality, comfortable (non-smoking) atmosphere, and responsive service they feature, you will NOT do better.

.. includes unlimited coffee and juices .. Google them up for the details .. TripAdvisor.com rates them #19 out of 701 Pattaya restaurants .. it is a steal.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Casa Pascal is I think the best that Ive found, the value comes from the fact that its unlimited and quality also.

I went to Retox a few days ago and at 98 baht its cheap but so are the ingredients and the portions are small.

Maybe I was unlucky that I got a surly waitress, when I asked if I could change the black pudding for more beans or an extra tomato she said loudly :

"No change, is set, you want or no want" like she was talking to a partially deaf retarded child.

My eyes said "fuck you bitch I only asked" but the words came out as "Okay no black pudding"

It arrived and the sausages didn't have much of a skin on them, more like a crust, the portions were small, the coffee was crap and I  didn't bother to eat most of it . That is the last time I will go there for food.

The Drunken Duck on LK at 99 baht is far better and its served by friendly welcoming staff, good coffee and OJ not just a glass of ice with a bit poured over. 2 large slices of nice toast served with butter and marmalade. Simply much better than Retox at 1 baht more.

20150913_161124.jpg

20150913_154252(1).jpg

20150913_154939.jpg

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

"Good value" is for me a factor of price and quality. Retox's breakfast may be the cheapest but it's practically inedible. I would rather pay 3 times that for a really good breakfast at Bake 'n Brew.

I said, "apparently", because I've never been there but a lot of people post that it's good value.

Meanwhile, Irish Rovers has apparently gone down the pan in favour of Kilkenny nearby.

I rarely go out for breakfast, but I am tempted to try Casa Pascal soon, if only because I can dodge the sausages I believe..

I tried a CC one at The Swan for 99 Baht once, but wished I'd kept walking.

I imagine The Sportsman would be worth a try.

For tourists, perhaps. But not if you live here permanently in a condo like I do.

Not if you're a shit cook,live in a condo,then your breakfast isn't very good value now is it Barry?

I said, "apparently", because I've never been there but a lot of people post that it's good value.

Meanwhile, Irish Rovers has apparently gone down the pan in favour of Kilkenny nearby.

I rarely go out for breakfast, but I am tempted to try Casa Pascal soon, if only because I can dodge the sausages I believe..

I tried a CC one at The Swan for 99 Baht once, but wished I'd kept walking.

I imagine The Sportsman would be worth a try.

I havnt been to the Sportsman for ages,but it was always consistently average.

So as an exspurt....how do you rate Simons these days?

Not addressed to me I know but I rate it quite highly.

(For those who don't know Simple Simons its on Soi 5 Jomtien about 60 yards up from the BR on the left side, its the same Soi as the Immigration office which is about 150 yards further up on the right.).

The 120 baht option is great and they serve very good coffee + you get a refill included, also you can add extra items and/or just extra portions to it, the prices of which are at the bottom of the menu

The staff are very nice which is always a welcome bonus.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Casa Pascal is definitely worth trying, especially for holiday-makers where the 240 Baht 75 satang price tag is less likely to put you off.

For the chubby self-serving expat who eats cereal everyday at home it is an occasional treat for me and the only restaurant breakfast I plan on eating from time to time. 

Unlimited everything. Choices of more than you can think of including eggs/omelettes/bacon/sausages all made to order, and it tastes delicious. Plus free WiFi and a stamp on your CP Bonus Points Card toward future discounts.

Pristine toilets and smoking at the tables outside. Breakfast starts at 8am and finishes at 2pm.

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

Retox on Soi Lenke is probably the best quality budget British quality breakfast - the 99 baht buster: full English (bacon, sausages, 2 eggs, beans, fried bread, toast, roast potatoes, black pudding, sachet brown sauce, tea and orange juice with an English paper to read - all for 99 baht, cannot be beat!

(For those who don't know Simple Simons its on Soi 5 Jomtien about 6........

Sorry my fault.....it was a KK specific Q which was off topic anyway being about Simons F&C.

Went to SS once a while back while waiting for Immi but wasnt that impressed.....though maybe it is the "best in Jomtien'.

Seems like Eng brekkie can be as difficult to get right as F&C sometimes.

I went to Retox a few days ago and at 98 baht its cheap but so are the ingredients and the portions are small.

Maybe I was unlucky that I got a surly waitress, when I asked if I could change the black pudding for more beans or an extra tomato she said loudly :

"No change, is set, you want or no want" like she was talking to a partially deaf retarded child.

The Drunken Duck on LK at 99 baht is far better and its served by friendly welcoming staff, good coffee and OJ not just a glass of ice with a bit poured over. 2 large slices of nice toast served with butter and marmalade. Simply much better than Retox at 1 baht more.

I'm surprised that anyone could call the Retox breakfast "small". I have a good appetite and it does me.

I'm also surprised that the waitress would not change items in it: they always do for me. In fact I find Retox to be particularly good at this. I always have more toast instead of fried bread, for example.

Yes, their juice does have a lot of ice in it.

All that said, your photo of the Drunken Duck breakfast looks quite similar to the Retox one (but no fried bread or black pudding or potato, though you do have a little marmalade) and I will try it some time.

Not if you're a shit cook,live in a condo,then your breakfast isn't very good value now is it Barry?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I am quite a good cook but I see no point buying tiny quantities of many different ingredients and then fiddling about frying them and cleaning up after when for 100B I can get someone else to do it all for me.

I do occasionally make bacon sandwiches at home with my own home-made bread, and this works our cheaper (and much, much better) than buying it at a restaurant.

You need to understand that I live here and I eat out many times a week as I like going to different places and trying different things. Money is not an issue (the places I go to cost me anything from 50B for seafood noodle soup to ~2,000B for the Amari Sunday brunch) though that said I always like to get good quality for the price, and that's what I always look for.

.... includes unlimited coffee and juices

The coffee is OK but the juices are totally undrinkable and heavily watered down.

The only buffet places here where I have had proper juices worthy of the name are the big hotels (Hilton etc).

So as an exspurt....how do you rate Simons these days?

I've not been there for a long time as for F&C I always seem to end up at Frydays for the grenadier these days. I should try Simon's again.

Went to SS once a while back while waiting for Immi but wasnt that impressed.....though maybe it is the "best in Jomtien'.

The best breakfast in Jomtien is at hotel Danmark. However it's a buffet and not a set English breakfast. That said, the staff are very helpful and a bit of clever manipulation of the ingredients will get you everything that you would find in most English breakfasts, except beans and black pudding.

You will also get loads of other stuff, much of it quite interesting and unusual, and some very nice Thai food. 190B, open till 12.

I havnt been to the Sportsman for ages,but it was always consistently average.

Well suppose at least consistency avoids disappointment.

Went to Casa Pascal this morning - I sorta get it but not really - not nearly as good as I'd imagined - the croissant was the highlight - no trouble at all avoiding their 'sausage' - felt a bit like an average hotel buffet breakfast.

The best breakfast in Jomtien ......................................

I'm sure there was a sign outside Simple Simon's saying theirs is was all I meant.

(For those who don't know Simple Simons its on Soi 5 Jomtien about 60 yards up from the BR on the left side, its the same Soi as the Immigration office which is about 150 yards further up on the right.).

The 120 baht option is great and they serve very good coffee + you get a refill included, also you can add extra items and/or just extra portions to it, the prices of which are at the bottom of the menu

The staff are very nice which is always a welcome bonus.

Sorry my fault.....it was a KK specific Q which was off topic anyway being about Simons F&C.

Seems like Eng brekkie can be as difficult to get right as F&C sometimes.

This was my plate after eating the Simple Simon breakfast in July:

image.jpeg

The food was tasty enough ( as you can tell from the empty plate :-) but all that grease and water was very off-putting. I found the service very average as well. I only went the once.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Retox on Soi Lenke is probably the best quality budget British quality breakfast - the 99 baht buster: full English (bacon, sausages, 2 eggs, beans, fried bread, toast, roast potatoes, black pudding, sachet brown sauce, tea and orange juice with an English paper to read - all for 99 baht, cannot be beat!

Yep certainty cheap

But all the ingredients are of very low quality

The cheapest available

Went to Casa Pascal this morning - I sorta get it but not really - not nearly as good as I'd imagined - the croissant was the highlight - no trouble at all avoiding their 'sausage' - felt a bit like an average hotel buffet breakfast.

I agree about the sausages. They dont impress me at all. I also agree about the croissants. A definite highlight and much better than those usually served in buffets.

As for the rest of it, some things are better than others. The smoked and marinated fish dishes are unusual and tasty (though the marinated one may be panga). The breads are varied and good. The egg station does good eggs and bacon and also a nice omelette. The cooked food inside is often interesting. Some of the salad dishes are good. The home-made desserts are usually nice. Apparently the waffles are good (for those who like them). Many people like the fancier coffees (personally I just like plain black coffee).

But I dont go there anywhere near as often as I used to, and I suppose that must be a sign of something. I go to hotel Danmark more often now.

Retox has to be the best value for under 100B. I've tried many similar breakfasts that cost up to 60B more than Retox does and none of them were noticeably better, if at all.

Previously the Irish Wolfhound was very good value at 60B, but since it went up to 80B I prefer to spend the extra 20B at Retox.

If you live Jomtien way Irish Wolfhound is the best but price now 100 baht (great coffee though).

I agree about the sausages. They dont impress me at all. I also agree about the croissants. A definite highlight and much better than those usually served in buffets.

As for the rest of it, some things are better than others. The smoked and marinated fish dishes are unusual and tasty (though the marinated one may be panga). The breads are varied and good. The egg station does good eggs and bacon and also a nice omelette. The cooked food inside is often interesting. Some of the salad dishes are good. The home-made desserts are usually nice. Apparently the waffles are good (for those who like them). Many people like the fancier coffees (personally I just like plain black coffee).

But I dont go there anywhere near as often as I used to, and I suppose that must be a sign of something. I go to Hotel Danmark more often now.

I didn't really do 'interesting' dishes and no dessert for breakfast either.

That meant I had 2 not over fresh fried eggs and 3 rashers of CC streaky bacon plus sautéed potato/onion.

The croissant seemed to be the same as I buy from Friendship for 21 Baht, but the bread wasn't nearly as good.

Tried both fruit juices on offer but not struck on either - what are they.

The black coffee was a black coffee.

As an included hotel breakfast it would have been fine, but I expected better based on reports.

Saying that Retox uses the cheapest ingredients, well I wouldn't have thought Casa Pascal is spending any more on the eggs, bacon & 'sausages'.

The only plus I saw was that it was ad libitum.

Diana Inn breakfasts were always really good value. Especially if included in room rate.

Had many walk ins for breakfast. Was around 140 baht. Excellent value for all you can eat.

Archived