Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Retirement visa

Gazzab

I need help / good advise on obtaining a retirement visa in Pattaya

What do I need

Where do I go

Cost

Etc

I have had one that has expired and in Australia you cannot renew or extend but have to re- apply which is a major exercise and expensive

Any guidance will be most appreciated

have to get the first one in Bangkok then can renew yearly here in pattaya

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

I need help / good advise on obtaining a retirement visa in Pattaya

What do I need

Where do I go

Cost

Etc

I have had one that has expired and in Australia you cannot renew or extend but have to re- apply which is a major exercise and expensive

Any guidance will be most appreciated

Did you enter country on 30 day exemption stamp? If yes you cannot convert it to non-O at Jomtien immigration office anymore (it was possible until mid 2014).

You'll have to go to Bangkok (Chaeng Wattana). There you will get permission to stay 90 days and during last 30 days you can go to Jomtien immigration to apply for extension of stay based on retirement (good for 1 year).

For the 1st conversion you should require passport, departure card, photos, form tm 87 and money for fee.

Good info

No one mentioned the income requirement of 800,000 baht (400,000 if married) seeded in a Thai bank at least 2 months before applying for the 12 month extension (3 months for subsequent extensions), or equivalent pension.

Retired

No one mentioned the income requirement of 800,000 baht (400,000 if married) seeded in a Thai bank at least 2 months before applying for the 12 month extension (3 months for subsequent extensions), or equivalent pension.

Or alternatively a Pension/income of 65,000 baht per month or a combination of a lesser pension plus money in the bank totaling 800.000 per year.

I have been using Key Visa (500 baht)  to get letter from Embassy confirming the amount of pension but some recent postings (today) says  he is not answering emails and there is question of whether he is still operating. Anyone used him recently.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Darren at Key Visa has taken care of my retirement extensions for the past 5 or 6 years, I'm very happy with the fast service I get. I have the 800,000 THB in a Thai bank, IMO that is the best way to satisfy the financial requirements.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

BTW: on the subject of finances to show for visa extensions/renewals. There have been reports over on the TV forum of some upcountry immigration offices no longer accepting proof of income/pension statements provided by various embassies. They want to see statements from Thai bank accounts only. However, at this stage it's still not clear if this is just confined to a few provincial immigration offices or if it's the beginning of a new immigration requirement. 

There have also been rumors bouncing around for some months now of them increasing the amount required for retirement extensions. 

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

I have been using Key Visa (500 baht)  to get letter from Embassy confirming the amount of pension ..............................

Or you can save  500 Baht and 2 trips and do it online.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

Yes you will need to make 2 trips to the office in pattaya I wonder what the postage fee would be and if it was lost in the post would the embassy give you a new one free ?.

Anyway I used him last week and for a cost of 500tb for him doing the leg work and the fact that I new exactly when I would get it was worth the cost.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Yes you will need to make 2 trips to the office in pattaya I wonder what the postage fee would be and if it was lost in the post would the embassy give you a new one free ?.

Anyway I used him last week and for a cost of 500tb for him doing the leg work and the fact that I new exactly when I would get it was worth the cost.

JDM

If you click the link you'll see that postage is 100 Baht by EMS recorded.

I can't imagine why Darren would do any leg work any more with this option available since about July.

Anyway, up to you, but perhaps useful information for other readers.

I always thought it was illogical for in order to get the Retirement Visa you needed to have 800,000 baht in a Thai bank or alternatively a pension of 65,000  per month which could be  paid into a bank in UK (as mine is).

For many years you also needed to show a Thai bank account with 50K to 100K but you do not even have to show that now. I did not have to show last February but i had my bankbook and a copy just in case.

For many years you also needed to show a Thai bank account with 50K to 100K but you do not even have to show that now.

A certain lady officer at Jomtien has been known to insist on it and she has recently returned to the fray.

I think they have the right to ask for it still if you go the 800k in Thai bank route and she once made me copy the last 3 months activity from my bank book.

Experiences may vary.   :GoldenSmile1:

I thought it was 3 months for initial and 2 months subsequent.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I thought it was 3 months for initial and 2 months subsequent.

T'other way round.

T'other way round.

I've always been backward in coming forward

I've always been backward in coming forward

The apples have gone any road up.

The apples have gone any road up.

5k ?

A certain lady officer at Jomtien has been known to insist on it and she has recently returned to the fray.

I think they have the right to ask for it still if you go the 800k in Thai bank route and she once made me copy the last 3 months activity from my bank book.

Experiences may vary.   :GoldenSmile1:

Well if you apply for the Visa using 800,000 baht in the bank for 2/3 months before the application, you obviously have to provide proof of that

Well if you apply for the Visa using 800,000 baht in the bank for 2/3 months before the application, you obviously have to provide proof of that

Yes, sorry, see what you meant now.

Just curious...  why not do the "O" visa in Australia?   I not see where it is much different than doing it here.   Save doing the conversion of tourist to non-imigrant in BKK.    Then when it expiring do the retirement extension?    (which I guess you had before) 

http://www.thaiconsulatehobart.com/thailand-non-immigrant-visa.htm

" Remember, no matter where you go, there you are " - Confucius

Just curious...  why not do the "O" visa in Australia?   I not see where it is much different than doing it here.   Save doing the conversion of tourist to non-imigrant in BKK.    Then when it expiring do the retirement extension?    (which I guess you had before) 

http://www.thaiconsulatehobart.com/thailand-non-immigrant-visa.htm

Unless you fit into one of the categories it may be difficult to get one. You could try for a retirement visa but I saw a while ago that these are only issued from the embassy in Canberra (no doubt the reason why it is not mentioned in your link). The list of documents included a police clearance and medical. If this is correct it would be a lot easier to have it done in Thailand.

Below is a screen capture from the application form from the Embassy in Canberra. If you want to do this I would suggest sending them an email to check that it is how they are currently operating.

thai-800.jpg

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Good info here , thanks . 

Archived