IGNORED

Searching for that Sweet Spot

HimBadMan

No pervs I'm talking about that geat hotel location ... Just wrapped up my 5th visit and planning #6 in April or May..

1st trip - Seame Too. Great local too basic

2nd trip. VT6- great loca but prefer hotel ameneties

3rd Trip- Page 10... Great loca, but hated it

3rd trip- Hard Rock. Great loca but expensive !!

4th Trip. August Suites. Loved it, only complaint which is minor pain getting to WS and LK Metro area

5th- March Hotel- Nice hotel just location was too out of the way for me

So now as I'm getting to know Pattaya and my likes, I'm trying to find that sweet spot.. What I want ..

Close to LK Metro

Close to soi Bouakaow / Tony's fitness

Easy/close to Soi 6

Easy access to BR

Should I try Areca?? Any other suggestions ??? I'm open. May sound hard to please but just want to find that sweet spot!!

what about the soi 2 -4 area. loads of hotels, close to big c, not too far from drinking street and easy access to the Six.  sabai group has 4 places in the area, the sabai lodge, inn, wing and resort. also, the baht bus runs down soi 2 and travels beach road all the way to Walking Street.

ps. I know it's not close to Soi B, but it is a fun spot where it appears you have never stayed

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

Try Areca, its great! And so close to LK Metro, easy access to bahtbus 2 min walk for Soi 6 fun. Good pool, good food, good gym (well kinda). Cannot take girls under 20 years though. 

Sandy Spring on Soi 13 is my personal favorite for the price, location and amenities

Try Areca,.... 2 min walk for Soi 6 fun.

Bloody hell! I know enthusiasm might add some extra pace but I don't think Olympic sprinters could even run it in that time.

To OP, we think alike in regarding to hotel in Pattaya.

I think i have found my sweet spot area, but not hotel yet.

My hotels so far:

1.trip - VT6, was ok

2.trip - Serenotel, nice location, everything was ok

3.trip - Bay Breeze, hard bed, nice location and staff, ok wifi

3.trip - Maytara, best bed so far in Pattaya, but wifi was all shit. Will not go back here

What was wrong with Page10?

Cant go wrong with Areca Lodge, I stayed there last two trips. Its got the perfect balance of location, quailty and price, IMHO.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Soi 10 is that perfect spot.

For your plans.

I have never stayed there, preferring South Pattaya

Bloody hell! I know enthusiasm might add some extra pace but I don't think Olympic sprinters could even run it in that time.

I think he means 2 min walk to get to the baht bus that then takes you to Soi 6......I had to read a 2nd time myself!

Try Areca, its great! And so close to LK Metro, easy access to bahtbus 2 min walk for Soi 6 fun. Good pool, good food, good gym (well kinda). Cannot take girls under 20 years though. 

2 minute walk to Soi 6 from Areca - you got to be kidding!

2 minute walk to Soi 6 from Areca - you got to be kidding!

"... easy access to bahtbus 2 min walk for Soi 6 fun ..." haha, well if you been to prison for 10 years without "romantic release" maybe you could make it from Areca to Soi 6 in 2 minutes, for the rest of us the 2 minute walk to the bathbus would be would fast enough.

LK Empress is the best place to stay.

Price,Location, AC, Beds, Access thru family mart or elevator straight up from the garage.

Just came back from a 2 week stay. Perfect.

To OP, we think alike in regarding to hotel in Pattaya.

I think i have found my sweet spot area, but not hotel yet.

My hotels so far:

1.trip - VT6, was ok

2.trip - Serenotel, nice location, everything was ok

3.trip - Bay Breeze, hard bed, nice location and staff, ok wifi

3.trip - Maytara, best bed so far in Pattaya, but wifi was all shit. Will not go back here

What was wrong with Page10?

Bro... Page 10 had numerous insects in room, bed sheets and comforter had rips and holes, shower curtain (yes a curtain) was Moldy. I just didn't feel clean in that place ...

Centra is nice but i think prices sky rocketed lately, i would stay OZO, LK Renaissance or bay breeze..

LK Empress is the best place to stay.

Price,Location, AC, Beds, Access thru family mart or elevator straight up from the garage.

Just came back from a 2 week stay. Perfect.

Empress is one of my favorites. It can be a little pricey (for me) in high season though.

Centra is nice but i think prices sky rocketed lately, i would stay OZO, LK Renaissance or bay breeze..

Yes they have mate. I bagged a room last June for 1000THB pn and now the price has doubled.

• 2 weeks later...

i too am looking for a sweet spot for a potential virgin trip.  i guess i should take advantage to those explorers who came before me.  

for research i have been using cartoonman's map thing and Agoda to find a suitable place that i think would meet my needs.  as luck would have it, areca made my short list.  however, i'm reading on this thread here that it does not allow any ladies under 20.  well, i am not flying half way around the world to be strapped with some over the hill 21 year old.  i need to be free of such regulations.  so my question: is the areca age limit thing real because i'll need to scratch it off my short list.  i went on dadee's thread about hotels and it was not on the age restricted list.  that's why i'm asking for the clarification.  

so with that, can i ask the vets if they have any recommendations for accommodations with the following:

-centrally located or at least convenient to as much of the action as possible

-outside pool [i like to lounge and would like to have the option of having my companion there too]

-girl friendly with no age restrictions [don't want to feel like i have a sign on me although i guess the 38kg chick with me is a sign]

-hotel amenities/comforts [i like the upscale looking resorts- tropical looking]

-price is not really an object

-closer to the ocean is good too

feel free to rip apart my thinking or my list.  i am going on fantasy and speculation at this point.  i respect those who have been there and done that.

i too am looking for a sweet spot for a potential virgin trip.  i guess i should take advantage to those explorers who came before me.  

for research i have been using cartoonman's map thing and agoda to find a suitable place that i think would meet my needs.  as luck would have it, areca made my short list.  however, i'm reading on this thread here that it does not allow any ladies under 20.  well, i am not flying half way around the world to be strapped with some over the hill 21 year old.  i need to be free of such regulations.  so my question: is the areca age limit thing real because i'll need to scratch it off my short list.  i went on dadee's thread about hotels and it was not on the age restricted list.  that's why i'm asking for the clarification.  

so with that, can i ask the vets if they have any recommendations for accommodations with the following:

-centrally located or at least convenient to as much of the action as possible

-outside pool [i like to lounge and would like to have the option of having my companion there too]

-girl friendly with no age restrictions [don't want to feel like i have a sign on me although i guess the 38kg chick with me is a sign]

-hotel amenities/comforts [i like the upscale looking resorts- tropical looking]

-price is not really an object

-closer to the ocean is good too

feel free to rip apart my thinking or my list.  i am going on fantasy and speculation at this point.  i respect those who have been there and done that.

Yes, I have beed refused twice at Areca to bring a girl to my room because of the 20-year-old-rule. 

I think you should look at Marriot. Not stayed there myself. But Marriot are ticking all youre box´s

Archived