Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Sandara Residence

Ralphwiggumdk

I stayed there in 2012 there was no charge for bringing girls in back then,but I don't know if this is still the case.

The rooms were nice if a little bit on the small side.There is a good little restaurant attached to the place.

There were some reports in around 2013/4 about the hotel staff stealing from the room safes,aalthough these reports were unsubstantiated.

The manageress/receptionist who was there when I stayed there was slightly nosey and over familiar.

All in all I would not stay there again.

Your experience may differ though.

I stayed there before. The manager is definitely too much in your business for my taste, and when I arrived with my booking through Agoda she did try to pop a 500 baht joiners fee on me. I argued it, and eventually the joiners fee was not included, but not a fun way to begin your stay. Didn't lose anything in the safe, but there are indeed a few credible sounding reports about that on trip advisor.

I agree with Dalef's assessment of the place....nice but small (and some very small) rooms, nosey manager....I wouldn't stay again. But, I suppose this place may be appealing to someone on a couples trip to Patts....I guess. Though the cucumber inn would probably be a better choice in that case.

• 1 month later...

I stayed there before. The manager is definitely too much in your business for my taste, and when I arrived with my booking through agoda she did try to pop a 500 baht joiners fee on me. I argued it, and eventually the joiners fee was not included, but not a fun way to begin your stay. Didn't lose anything in the safe, but there are indeed a few credible sounding reports about that on trip advisor.

I agree with Dalef's assessment of the place....nice but small (and some very small) rooms, nosey manager....I wouldn't stay again. But, I suppose this place may be appealing to someone on a couples trip to Patts....I guess. Though the cucumber inn would probably be a better choice in that case.

it seems cucumber inn charges 200b for bring girl..

MSK :GoldenSmile1:

• 4 months later...

I stayed at this hotel in early 2015 and the manager is entirely to nosey and inquisitive about your comings and goings and money was stolen from inside my in-room safe deposit box.

My watch & Ipad  & Ipod & passport and other money was not stolen. Note *  I had an envelop with around $2600 in US dollar bill $100 denomination in it. Six  (6) ($100 note bills was stolen from the envelop). 

When I checked out of the hotel in the early morning hours. I looked inside the envelop but did not count exactly all of my money, it appeared to be all there. I did not discover the missing currency until I was sitting in the departure lounge of the airport and while I was waiting to board the flight I had plenty of time to gather my thoughts and to check all of my documents. ( this is exactly the scenario that the  thief was counting on. Later after contacting management to inform them of what happened......... the management tried to claim that a visitor to my room had probably stolen my money and I in fact had no visitors to my room. Note * I never expected to receive any compensation however the nasty reposne from management motivated me to write a report about this incident on this forum with all of the details. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• 7 months later...

I would also like to substantiate the room safe theft romours at this hotel. It happened to me about 4 years ago, there are numerous reports online about this happening to several guests. This hotel always gives the same excuse and even publishes their apologies on hotel reviews about how seriously they take the claims. Obviously they do not since the same manager and staff are in place and the problen never gets fixed. The excuse given is that they will call corporate and spreak to the president, review cc tv and firstly in every case they will blame the overnight guest who stayed with you. One reviewer said when he returned to pattaya on his next trip he went to the hotel and asked about their 'investigation' into the theft. Penny the overly nosey manager got really nervous and started making excuses, he demanded the contact number for the president, her manager, etc was told not available blah blah totally got the runaround. Its obvious the manager is in on this scam and is unwilling to do anything to address the problem. They also changed the name of the hotel from sandara to rivana a perfect example of trying to escape the bad reviews and reputation on the internet.

Archived