IGNORED

Maytara Hotel - 2nd Road on height Soi Honey

Harpunero

Hey guys,

I I would like to introduce the Maytara hotel on 2nd Road on height Soi Honey.

MAYTARA hotel

216/102 Soi Pattaya11
Pattaya Chonburi 20150, Thailand
Tel.: 038 411 455 / Fax: 038 411 454
[email protected]
www.maytara.com

I just visited this hotel in November 2015 and did not stay there.

There are 2 categories of rooms:

1) Rooms with direct Pool access (ground floor)

2) Rooms without direct Pool acces (upper floors)

Walk-In price in November 2015 was:

1500 Baht / Room without direct Pool access

1800 Baht / Room with direct Pool access

Just for info: I checked the Agoda rates for my next visit in the end of May 2016 and the price is about 1300 Baht...

The Reception Lady told me, that they do not charge any joiner fee !

At first sight the hotel looks a little bit insignificant. Have run past itself also several times unnoticed this.

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

The attached Restaurant directly at the second Road. To whom the noise makes no difference, why not.

Have run pasted in the evenings and the Restaurant was good visited. But I have not tested the food.

IMG_0314.JPG

IMG_0315.JPG

The double room with direct access to the Pool was shown to me.

What I like here, the interior arrangement is in the Asian style. Or they have tried it a little bit.

IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0306.JPG

IMG_0305.JPG

IMG_0307.JPG

The highlight of this hotel is the direct Pool access from the room. Sliding door open and you can jump into the water.

On the other hand, the Pool is very narrow, of course. The Pool just stretches along the ground floor row.

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

Sorry, the quality of my pics is very bad.

The bathroom is clean and in a good condition.

IMG_0309.JPG

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

And then the access to the rooms.

All in all I can present myself to stay here next time. I think it´s a respectable Midclass hotel in Patty.

IMG_0312.JPG

Thanks for the pics Harpunero,and also in the other April Suites thread. :Clap1: One question,does the pool area at the Maytara get much sun?

Another question. WIFI in the rooms, or only in the public areas?

The wifi @ Mantra is 100% SHIT!!!!!! I made complaint about it two times a day the 3 first days. They never did anything about it.

See my review of Maytara

Thanks for the pics Harpunero,and also in the other April suites thread. :Clap1: One question,does the pool area at the Maytara get much sun?

Thank´s.

It was just a short hotel visit, but as I remember, beside the pool (as you can see on the Pic) there stands no bigger building, etc...

So I think the pool area should get sun, yes.

One question,does the pool area at the Maytara get much sun?

Look at my link above to my review. Second picture shows pool at daytime. So yes, the pool get sun.

I do not know for how long, i never used it

Thank´s.

It was just a short Hotel visit, but as I remember, beside the pool (as you can see on the Pic) there stands no bigger building, etc...

So I think the pool area should get sun, yes.

Look at my link above to my review. Second picture shows pool at daytime. So yes, the pool get sun.

I do not know for how long, i never used it

Yes it looks like it does get some sun,but by the look of things it will only be at a certain time of the day,due to the side of the hotel blocking it out!

How do i explain this in english...?

hotel building are north of the pool

Sun rise in east, and goes down in west.

So the only thing blocking the sun is the three´s across Soi 11 at picture 2.

How do i explain this in english...?

Hotel building are north of the pool

Sun rise in east, and goes down in west.

So the only thing blocking the sun is the three´s across Soi 11 at picture 2.

Sun come morning , sunrise . Sun finish night , sunset !

• 2 weeks later...

I'm staying in a deluxe pool access room right now so here is my first impressions.

Nice room with most importantly a comfortable bed. I like the old style furniture and decoration of the room. Excellent bathroom with a cool shower that definitely has room for two or more.

The pool is rather a long thin thing that is split into two parts one a lot shallower for children. As I guess most people who book the pool access room do I dreamt of jumping straight out of my room into the pool. Well don't get room 106 like me as that is opposite the kids pool. At 8:30 this morning the happy little things are splashing about already which some night owls might not like. Room 105 opens out onto the area between the two pools but lower numbers should be fine.

Didn't get breakfast included in the room but will have a go at it later and report back. Also haven't tried the WiFi yet but pleased to report you are given the codes for it when checking in without asking which is good.

Breakfast... an alleged English one. 145 baht for Orange juice, coffee or tea, two toast, two eggs, streaky bacon, ham, beans, sausage, and a bit of rabbit food.

Decidedly meh, IMHO.

Toast barely toasted. Coffee not hot. They lied about the sausage as it was hotdogs which have no place on a breakfast described as English. Ham? What is that about? Not an ingredient of an English breakfast either, should have spent the ham money on a proper sausage. Rabbit food? Eh? It's a breakfast not a bloody salad. Fry the tomato by all means but don't serve it on a lettuce leaf please.

Staff were extremely pleasant and it's not a bad people watching place as it faces out onto second road.

WiFi. Looks like there are several routers to choose from and the signal looks strong. Played a YouTube video no problem. Got it streaming British radio right now and there are small buffering problems but working well for general website browsing.

I stayed there.in March for 4 nights.. The bed is so friggin comfortable and the shower Head was awesome very nice room very clean and not bad at 1300baht a.night..

Definateley stay there again...

Archived