IGNORED

Last minute flight

tRIPPED

I booked a trip to Kiev for a week and had organised a flight down to Odessa for a few days. My return flight was from Odessa back to Kiev and then back to the UK. Whist in Kiev I decided to abandon the Odessa part so inquired with the airline concerned. I was advised that I needed to board in Odessa and if I didn’t the Kiev to UK leg would be void. I had to rebook and pay again to get the same flight from Kiev back home for a stupidly high amount of £££.

Personally I would not have done what the OP has done. Its too risky, too many things can go wrong.

Stupis is as stupid does. Well after speaking to BA I do infact need to board the plane in Amsterdam or they will cancel the entire ticket as a no show. So I am now required to get a one way ticket to amsterdam for £50 and return on the BA flight were I will be going back home and then heading to Heathrow next day for my direct flight. Yeh it's worked out cheaper but the ball ache of driving a taking 2 planes for no reason won't seem worth it. Oh well we learn from our mistakes and this is one I wont be making again. 

Stupis is as stupid does. Well after speaking to BA I do infact need to board the plane in Amsterdam or they will cancel the entire ticket as a no show. So I am now required to get a one way ticket to amsterdam for £50 and return on the BA flight were I will be going back home and then heading to Heathrow next day for my direct flight. Yeh it's worked out cheaper but the ball ache of driving a taking 2 planes for no reason won't seem worth it. Oh well we learn from our mistakes and this is one I wont be making again. 

As you are only getting a one way ticket to Amsterdam are you still planning on exiting at Heathrow on your return leg? If yes then I suggest that you take cabin luggage only as I believe any checked in luggage will end up in Holland, despite your request in Bangkok.

Its probably not so relevant to this situation but its worth noting. I'm pretty sure that if an airline marks a trip as void because of a no show the return leg automatically becomes void also.

When I spoke to BA they said to tell check in at Bangkok I will be exiting at Heathrow and wont be boarding my last flight to Amsterdam. If they they really want to keep my dirty shorts and t-shirts that much they can have them. I will of course pack accordingly so nothing of value is in my check in luggage as I always do. 

you are in for a huge overall travel time on the out leg.

so large that you are going to almost have to buy food and drink on route cutting into any initial savings.

try buying 2/3 tesco etc sarnies in advance, airports anywhere are never cheap.

fuck me seems like a lot of hard work and extra fucking about to save a few quid....I book as soon as I get back from los same flight even the same seats this year was the cheapest yet ..but really lets just get there and have a great time 30 fucking days to go  yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Well this is the first and last time I leave booking until last minute. I have decided to spend the night in Amsterdam. Not been in over 10 years so should be an eye opener. As for the cost even with my hotel Amsterdam and foos costs it still works out cheaper then the current BA flight LON-BKK. Next trip flights will be booked well in advanced.

it could have been worse if you had not got some tips on here and just turned up at LHR to be denied permission to travel

As you are only getting a one way ticket to Amsterdam are you still planning on exiting at Heathrow on your return leg? If yes then I suggest that you take cabin luggage only as I believe any checked in luggage will end up in Holland, despite your request in Bangkok.

Its probably not so relevant to this situation but its worth noting. I'm pretty sure that if an airline marks a trip as void because of a no show the return leg automatically becomes void also.

If you request your bag is only checked through to Heathrow that is what will happen. Should you doubt the ability of the check in staff just look at the label attached to your bag. In this case it should have LHR on it but if it also has AMS then you'd have to have a little word with them  and start again.

like strideman said you could be standing in heathrow with your cock in your hand booking a new flight to los.................we live and learn

Sorry guys, The Amsterdam flight is to Luton London on the 23rd Dec. There is suppose to be a stopover of 19hours and a airport transfer to Heathrow next day. So I will be flying from Heathrow on the 24th Dec and checking in again anyway. I will check in online at both Airports just be sure. The trip home is different and will require me to ask at Bangkok for my bags not to be transferred through to Amsterdam where I will just end my trip. I've asked my mates wife and she seems to think I should be fine. Just to check 48 hours before flying and check in online for both inbound and outbound journeys.

What a load of frigging about to save very little money

You won't do it again I wager

Surely if you check in online & dont check in the AMS-LHR flight you would be classed as a no show but if you had checked in online the LHR-BKK and went to baggage drop how could they refuse you to fly, just say your plans had changed, I don't see how they can make you use all the flights, Etihad wouldn't if I only checked in one leg of the journey.

Unbelievable bad advice, if you miss your 1st flight on a booking even if you have checked in online, all other flights on the same booking are cancelled.

Unbelievable bad advice, if you miss your 1st flight on a booking even if you have checked in online, all other flights on the same booking are cancelled.

I wasn't giving advice I was giving an opinion.

I would never give advice on something I have no experience with.

Archived