IGNORED

Last minute flight

tRIPPED

I have normally booked my flight to LOS a few months in advanced but just before leaving have noticed you can get a cracking deal. This is the 1st time I have decided to wait and keep a close watch on the flight prices. The last 2 weeks have not dropped much but today I have seen a £50-£70 drop. This time of year is always busy so I know the flights are going to get full but I think I will keep an eye out and book within the next week. I am looking at leaving 23-24th Dec and returning after 21 days. So far Royal Jordanian is the cheapest at £550. I will keep posted what happens over the week.  

UK

I think he meant where in the UK,i assume thats where you`re going from, going by your flag.

best deal couple days ago was british airways ..

Amsterdam - heathrow- Bangkok

Bangkok-Heathrow-Amsterdam £530

Obviously skip Amsterdam and its a direct flight for 300-400 less than normal

best deal couple days ago was british airways ..

Amsterdam - heathrow- Bangkok

Bangkok-Heathrow-Amsterdam £530

Obviously skip Amsterdam and its a direct flight for 300-400 less than normal

Where did you see that offer peewee? I'm still looking will book this week. 

I think he meant where in the UK,i assume thats where you`re going from, going by your flag.

London sorry 

Well so far the prices are dropping for my dates. Ive not seen a huge drop but they are coming down. Ive also looked into booking and checking how many seats are available the big middle east airlines are rammed and I can't see the price dropping that much with them, but some of the others like Swiss air and Malaysia Airlines have a lot of seats left. I am feeling lucky in the next few days they will drop even further. I am currently shitting a brick and feeling uneasy knowing my flight isnt booked but my hotels are.   

I have a theory that about 2am on Tuesday or Wednesday morning is the cheapest time to book flights. With the Friday to Monday the dearest.

I have a theory that about 2am on Tuesday or Wednesday morning is the cheapest time to book flights. With the Friday to Monday the dearest.

i've been booking flights to thailand for years and i can tell you the worst time is to do the booking on a weekend.

i don't mean flying at a weekend just making the booking at that time.

i've been booking flights to thailand for years and i can tell you the worst time is to do the booking on a weekend.

i don't mean flying at a weekend just making the booking at that time.

The weekend is when a lot of people do book though. Couples, families etc are too busy during the week but have time to sit down and do this stuff at the weekend together. More tickets are getting booked so prices go up. 2 am ish Wednesday morning is definitely the low point in the week for ticket sales and prices tend to drift down. I've had years of working nights booking tickets at stupid o'clock in the morning.

Find a site that gives you price drop guarantee. There are some out there.

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

i would not leave things too late.

sooner or later folks in the west break their resolve and book anyway at whatever price just to get away over xmas/new year.

if you see a price now that you are happy with, take it, tomorrow it is more likely to cost more as the calendar moves on

Ok over the last few days I have been clued to the various flight and travel sites. Not seen much in a drop in price over the last few days until last night one with decent stop over times came in at £630. I'm so glad I did'nt bite and book that because just now after some advice from my mates wife who works for a well known Airline company advised me to look at booking from Amsterdam. Weird but I just got a flight for £452. Amsterdam-London-BKK. I have just paid for a flight which is cheaper with an extra flight included. BA suck my fat one. 

Ok over the last few days I have been clued to the various flight and travel sites. Not seen much in a drop in price over the last few days until last night one with decent stop over times came in at £630. I'm so glad I did'nt bite and book that because just now after some advice from my mates wife who works for a well known Airline company advised me to look at booking from Amsterdam. Weird but I just got a flight for £452. Amsterdam-London-BKK. I have just paid for a flight which is cheaper with an extra flight included. BA suck my fat one.

I'd get a cheap single to Schiphol and ask for your bags only to be checked through to Heathrow on the way back.

I'd get a cheap single to Schiphol and ask for your bags only to be checked through to Heathrow on the way back.

Just check in from LHR to BKK no need to use the AMS to LHR flight

UK

airport  lhr bhx man lgw :LtnLHR all prices are not the same

Wriggley Tin 1

what airline give the guys a clue

Wriggley Tin 1

Just check in from LHR to BKK no need to use the AMS to LHR flight

i don't think that would work.

airlines are funny about things like that

i don't think that would work.

airlines are funny about things like that

Surely if you check in online & dont check in the AMS-LHR flight you would be classed as a no show but if you had checked in online the LHR-BKK and went to baggage drop how could they refuse you to fly, just say your plans had changed, I don't see how they can make you use all the flights, Etihad wouldn't if I only checked in one leg of the journey.

Surely if you check in online & dont check in the AMS-LHR flight you would be classed as a no show but if you had checked in online the LHR-BKK and went to baggage drop how could they refuse you to fly, just say your plans had changed, I don't see how they can make you use all the flights, Etihad wouldn't if I only checked in one leg of the journey.

still do not think that is allowed and it would be an expensive error to get things wrong and be at LHR needing to buy another return flight to LOS that day

still do not think that is allowed and it would be an expensive error to get things wrong and be at LHR needing to buy another return flight to LOS that day

The reason it's cheaper is due to the fact your journey starts in Amsterdam you're paying Dutch taxes not UK, if you miss the 1st part of the flight it invalidates the remaining legs, so you'll lose the whole lot.

Sorry guys, The Amsterdam flight is to Luton London on the 23rd Dec. There is suppose to be a stopover of 19hours and a airport transfer to Heathrow next day. So I will be flying from Heathrow on the 24th Dec and checking in again anyway. I will check in online at both Airports just be sure. The trip home is different and will require me to ask at Bangkok for my bags not to be transferred through to Amsterdam where I will just end my trip. I've asked my mates wife and she seems to think I should be fine. Just to check 48 hours before flying and check in online for both inbound and outbound journeys. 

The reason it's cheaper is due to the fact your journey starts in Amsterdam you're paying Dutch taxes not UK, if you miss the 1st part of the flight it invalidates the remaining legs, so you'll lose the whole lot.

this is an accident waiting to happen

Archived