IGNORED

Pattaya Beer Garden Free Bitcoin Sunday

PattayaPete

This Sunday between 3 and 5 pm I will be giving away 100 baht worth of Bitcoin at The Pattaya Beer Garden, to anyone who asks.  I'll be sitting at the first inside table with my "Free Bitcoin Here" sign.

You can immediately spend the bitcoin at the bar or keep them as you wish.  That's at least one free beer.

To collect the bitcoin you will need a cell phone or a laptop.  I will assist anyone who needs help installing an appropriate app.  I recommend Mycelium for Android or BreadWallet for IOS.  You can install an app beforehand if you like or I will walk you through the process when you arrive.

I do not claim to be a bitcoin expert but I have been using the currency for a few years and I am reasonably familiar with it.  I will be happy to answer any questions that I can.  I also like discussing the merits of Bitcoin with anyone that cares to listen or argue.

Depending on how it goes and how much it costs me, I may make this a regular Sunday afternoon occurrence. 

Everyone is welcome and FREE MONEY has to be a fairly unique offer.

Pattaya Beer Garden Website

Today is the day.  Don't forget to turn up for your free Bitcoin between 3 and 5 this afternoon.

Pattaya Beer Garden Website

Today is the day.  Don't forget to turn up for your free Bitcoin between 3 and 5 this afternoon.

I dont imagine that most BM,s are all that keen on Bitcoins but I hope that you got some turn up.

I've seen the Bitcoins welcome sign in PBG, its been up for quite sometime now.

May I suggest that if you want to galvanise PA BM,s into action you offer a cheap drinks promo for them, just get them to log into PA and show there user names as verification, they can do that on their own phones or tablets.

Cheap booze and await the stampede  :GoldenSmile1: 

By the way, I like PBG great location, good food and nice staff.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

• 3 weeks later...

Who actually "backs" Bitcoin ??  If one day it just collapses who bails you out if you have say a perceived value of $10,000 in your "Wallet"

No one "backs" it and no one bails you out if the value drops. 

Bitcoins have value only as long as value is perceived. 

One might argue that a lot of currencies are like that as well. ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

No one "backs" it and no one bails you out if the value drops. 

Bitcoins have value only as long as value is perceived. 

One might argue that a lot of currencies are like that as well. ;) 

With no official backing who in their right mind would get involved in it. Doomsday scenario sooner or later

• 1 month later...

Hate to tell you all our G7 countries are in extreme debt and the fiat currencies are not "backed" by anything. In 2015

bitcoin was the best performing "currency" in the world.

Governments or banks can't seize it or steal it from you (if you're smart about it) like your bank account...

http://money.visualcapitalist.com/its-official-bitcoin-was-the-top-performing-currency-of-2015/

Look at Airbnb, bitcoin, Uber, etc... The future is decentralization... resistance is futile...

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pattaya Pete

Any Bitcoin Update

On 28/06/2019 at 18:53, ozzieguy22 said:

What would that bitcoin be worth now just Asking?

5 bucks Aussie

IN las Vegas now seen on you tube Women strippers has there Bitcoin bar code on there body scan that with phone and then Get Lap Dance.............. Will it take off in Pattaya as Girls love tats

So be Tap and go

Prices then and now.. December 2015 $359

July          2019  $11,544

Very nice .. Ha Ha

• 1 year later...
On 28/12/2015 at 00:18, Harvey707 said:

Who actually "backs" Bitcoin ??  If one day it just collapses who bails you out if you have say a perceived value of $10,000 in your "Wallet"

lol @ 35,000 USD now

ummm

• 1 month later...

Wonder if he's still giving any bitcoin away?

Ah the gold old days when bitcoin was a virtual currency and people considered using it to buy stuff or even to give away in a promo.

Now it seems to be a virtual asset to hold and watch it values rise against actual currencies.

Imagine if your supermarket priced it's wares in bitcoin, would anyone know the price of milk or bread is 0.000034567865654 BTC the price of of a sliced pan. Clearly not a currency to easily do the weekly shop with.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/03/2021 at 07:21, McGinty said:

Ah the gold old days when bitcoin was a virtual currency and people considered using it to buy stuff or even to give away in a promo.

Now it seems to be a virtual asset to hold and watch it values rise against actual currencies.

Imagine if your supermarket priced it's wares in bitcoin, would anyone know the price of milk or bread is 0.000034567865654 BTC the price of of a sliced pan. Clearly not a currency to easily do the weekly shop with.  

You're using quadrillion sats, whereas btc has a mere 100m; even so, crypto divisibility makes it easier to pay for your weekly shopping with bitcoin than with gold or real estate.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, deelee said:

You're using quadrillion sats, whereas btc has a mere 100m; even so, crypto divisibility makes it easier to pay for your weekly shopping with bitcoin than with gold or real estate.

I pay for my weekly shopping in pounds not gold or real estate. I find pounds work best for me as they are readily accepted in my area unlike BTC, gold or real estate

Fair comment, and sure it's convenient to pay for stuff with a local currency. But that convenience doesn't come free, we pay for it with a constantly degrading buying power, while world govs delay the inevitable consequences of monetary mismanagement by printing more money mountains backed by nothing. Where this leads to is anybody's guess, though it won't be toward economic stability.

• 1 year later...

Still possible to buy beer with Bitcoin here? Wonderful how prices grow up. Now investment of 100 bath is like 6.000 bath