Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Airport taxi

glynbuk

ok so i have Mr Toom booked for the airport pickup :D

i land at 0630am and should be through and out by i guess 0730am,

is it worth stopping for a break on the journey and are there any decent places to stop

and do they have decent toilets if needed ??

my estimation of an 8am start from the airport i would arrive about 10am in pattaya

which will probably be too early to book into the hotel

So do you stop or not ???

No don't stop.

Get your arse down to Pats as soon as you can.

Fuck the hotel, there's always something going on there.

Have fun, you lucky, lucky man.

Next trip April 30 – can't fucking wait.

As mentioned above there is a rest stop built next to the highway with easy access, about half way to Pattaya. Actually I think since the new airport has opened it is about 30-40 minutes from the airport. Coming from the old aiport it seemed about half way. There are several restaurants, stores, public toilets, the usual 7/11 and McDonalds, etc.

I always stop there and stretch my legs.

Edited by Khun Scalawag

As noted by the others, there is a "rest stop" about midway. It's been my experience the taxi drivers normally ask if you want to stop or not as they approach the area. If I stop, I normally offer the driver a cola and/or snack if he wants anything. These guys work pretty hard for the measly pay they get.

..........I normally offer the driver a cola and/or snack if he wants anything. These guys work pretty hard for the measly pay they get.

Ditto.

For last couple of years I've used the same driver and, unlike some in the past before I met him, I almost have to force him to accept anything to eat or drink.

I am Not a fan of McDonalds, but on one trip I decided to stop and see if they are the same in Thailand as they are in Farangland. They are.

The driver didn't want anything, but when I offered him my French Fries he really enjoyed them. Now I make a point of having him stop at McDonalds and buy him a large order of fries and a coke. I don't ask. I buy it and give it to him. I'll have to make a point of asking him if he is putting on any weight.

:)

Edited by Khun Scalawag

• 4 weeks later...
Nybody got any idea of how long it takes to get to the NEP in BKK from the new airport?

about 30 - 45 minutes depending on what time of day! :Raspberry6:

• 1 year later...
I suspect he has gone home already.

..and since the OP was made the new airport has opened. The service are is now very close to the airport now, may about 15 or 20 minutes away so it ain't worth stopping unless you are busting for a piss or need a couple of beers for the trip.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....