Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Retirement visa from australia

wangotango

Thanks scumbag I'll do that

Hello again, 

I went to the consulate in Adelaide yesterday and explained that I would be going to Thailand soon hoping to get retirement visa when I'm in Thailand. The lady recommended I apply for a six month multi entry visa and she gave me the forms etc. But I just read on another thread that with this visa I would have to go to Bangkok to apply for retirement visa not Jomtien. Is this the case, Scumbag ?

thanks in advance,

wangotango

keeping the dream alive !!!

Hello again, 

I went to the consulate in Adelaide yesterday and explained that I would be going to Thailand soon hoping to get retirement visa when I'm in Thailand. The lady recommended I apply for a six month multi entry visa and she gave me the forms etc. But I just read on another thread that with this visa I would have to go to Bangkok to apply for retirement visa not Jomtien. Is this the case, Scumbag ?

thanks in advance,

wangotango

I have never done this but I do believe that retirement extensions can be done in Jomtien. I am sure someone who has done it will be along soon...:D

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 2 weeks later...

I have never done this but I do believe that retirement extensions can be done in Jomtien. I am sure someone who has done it will be along soon... :D

Hi there again, 

I thought the advice the lady gave me in Adelaide was a bit suss . I went to immigration in Jomtien today to ask what visa I would need on arriving early next year to obtain a retirement visa . I was told by the girl at the desk and then the manager that I would only need the 30 day airport stamp in order to apply 1 week after I arrive. I must admit I'm confused to say the least   :WhoSaw1:   wangotango

Hi there again, 

I thought the advice the lady gave me in Adelaide was a bit suss . I went to immigration in Jomtien today to ask what visa I would need on arriving early next year to obtain a retirement visa . I was told by the girl at the desk and then the manager that I would only need the 30 day airport stamp in order to apply 1 week after I arrive. I must admit I'm confused to say the least   :WhoSaw1:   wangotango

I would suggest that you should arrive on a tourist visa even if it is only to give yourself a bit more time to get yourself organised.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 3 months later...

Applied for tourist visa yesterday multi entry at consulate in Adelaide. Pick it up next week, fly out on 25th October. Will apply for retirement visa hopefully at Jomtien or if necessary, Bangkok. Thanks to everyone for your advice.  :GoldenSmile1:  Cheers Wangotango

I have always been under the impression, that it is far easier to convert in Thailand, rather than jump thru the hoops in Australia.  and less costly.

I think converting a normal garden variety Tourist Visa is probably the easiest way to go, once in Thailand?

I have always been under the impression, that it is far easier to convert in Thailand, rather than jump thru the hoops in Australia.  and less costly.

I think converting a normal garden variety Tourist Visa is probably the easiest way to go, once in Thailand?

sure but how.. I can't open a bank account (gave up after asking at 6 banks last time) without the visa and I can't get a visa without the bank account (to deposit the B800,000 into)

If you are Australian you don't need any money in a bank account in Thailand, you just go to the embassy in bangkok and fill in a stat dec saying you have a self funded pension, costs 550 baht,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hi again , 

I'm in Pattaya now but I'm lookng to go to Myanmar soon. Is there any restriction on when I can apply for non immigrant O-a visa timewise. I have tourist visa until 23rd of december.

Cheers Wangotango  :wink:

Your tourist Visa expires when you leave Thailand. Apply for a non-o and you can get an extension. There is is no retirement visa. It is merely a one year extensionfor retirement purposes  with a 90 day reporting requirement. You can not extend a tourist visa for retirement purposes. If you travel by land you only get 15 days tourist visa as well, or you used to. 

Going to Bangkok form Pattaya for a day is not flying to the moon. i left at 8.00 am and was home before 5 pm and that is travelling by bus and an extended lunch in Patpong. Total cost of travel was less than 500 baht including motosais to and from the darkside.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Retirement visa and International Drivers Licence. Two of the most misused things on this forum. I watched a whole Video Kev production on how he got something that doesn't even exist. 

I have only ever gone down the "non Imm O" retirement extension route and for me it works pretty easy and is how Furryman describes it above. An important thing to remember is that every embassy has different requirements so best to do a bit of research first.

I'm off to Bangkok tomorrow to get a Stat Dec done for Thai Immigration. I also have to get some stuff done for my wife's Australian visa.

If anyone thinks that Thailand makes it hard (they don't) just have a look at your own countries' requirements.

Your tourist Visa expires when you leave Thailand. Apply for a non-o and you can get an extension. There is is no retirement visa. It is merely a one year extensionfor retirement purposes  with a 90 day reporting requirement. You can not extend a tourist visa for retirement purposes. If you travel by land you only get 15 days tourist visa as well, or you used to. 

Going to Bangkok form Pattaya for a day is not flying to the moon. i left at 8.00 am and was home before 5 pm and that is travelling by bus and an extended lunch in Patpong. Total cost of travel was less than 500 baht including motosais to and from the darkside.

The process is converting tourist to non Imm O and must be done more than 14 days before the tourist expires if memory serves me correctly (I am old). This gives a further 90 days. At the same time you can apply for a 365 day extension on this. So in effect getting 455 days at the one hit. 

Archived