IGNORED

Thailand air safety downgrade confirmed

davidge

image.png

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I'm guessing there will be a rant from the PM soon... :GoldenSmile1:

Here is a link to the press release from today: FAA Announces Revised Safety Rating for the Kingdom of Thailand

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

THAI are already stating it won't affect them.

It should stop any new routes (at least to the US) and any codeshare.

We will see if the EU decides to take any action.

THAI are already stating it won't affect them.

It should stop any new routes (at least to the US) and any codeshare.

We will see if the EU decides to take any action.

It will not immediately affect them as they do not fly to the US (as of October).

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Worrying for those who use internal flights..

As for Thai Air - Is it me or do the SODS lose everyone's baggage.

Honestly I've had so many bags go missing or delayed. Last year they forgot to load 45 passengers bags onto a flight from Phuket to Bangkok - you guessed it including mine.

Not a surprise really. Airport security in Thailand is laughable.  Won't stop me from going though

Not a surprise really. Airport security in Thailand is laughable.  Won't stop me from going though

Different rules at different airports, BKK & AUH are non league compared to LHR & LGW

ARL is quite strict but not near to LHR

These are the only airports I have used in recent years so only ones I can comment on

I think part of this is along the same lines as the "human trafficking report" that the USA invented.  Remember the PI was downgraded and had a bad HT report, until they started to see the light in the American way.  Suddenly the HT report was upgraded and the FAA report was also upgraded allowing Philippine Airlines to upgrade the 747 to 777 for flights in and out of the states.

Once this military gives up it's power in Thailand and a government that is acceptable to the US and other western countries is elected this will all go away.

Just buy a kids toy police uniform, attach the toytown siver shield to your breast pocket, carry a clip board and bobs your uncle you'll have access to the whole airport. Worked for my mate in Turkey (until arrested and then buggered badly by Turkish prison guards). !!!!!!!

Worrying for those who use internal flights..

why worrying for internal flights?

The US airlines who no doubt comply are far from incident free.

id fly with no issue with any of the major players in thailand...indonesia on the otherhand....

Good site to check aviation incidents, shows minor to major. avherald.com/

One of the news stories on the reassignment of Thai airlines to category 2 is that while it won't affect flights to/from the U.S., Star Alliance partner airlines may be reluctant to link their passengers to a category 2 airline from Thailand.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

When Thai Air was flying to the states, they did a separate full manual inspection of ALL carry on.  The US made the Thais do that even though the US doesn't do that.

It isn't an issue of security but aircraft maintenance and/or auditing. This rating downgrade only affects carriers from Thailand. Since none fly to the US there is no immediate impact.

It's not actually Thai airlines, but the government's regulation of them. From the OP,

"A Category 2 International Aviation Assessment Rating means that a country either lacks laws and regulations necessary to oversee air carriers, or its civil aviation authority...is deficient in one or more areas, such as technical expertise, trained personnel, record keeping or inspection procedures."

It's not the airlines that are at fault here, it's the men from the ministry.

But with inadequate regulation, it is tempting for a greedy airline management to cut a few safety related corners.

EASA, the European equivalent of the FAA ofter follows the FAA's lead, and they are due to issue their report on 15th December. IF they decide to apply sanctions, it could hurt THAI pretty severely, as if they don't have enough financial woes already.

Watch this space, but remember that arguments like, "You not understand Thai people", will not cut any ice. Thailand has to get it's act together as they have been failing to do all year.

Edit, added missing word

EASA, the European equivalent of the FAA ofter follows the FAA's lead, and they are due to issue their report on 15th December. IF they decide to apply sanctions, it could hurt THAI pretty severely, as if they don't have enough financial woes already.

Isn't the case that they can still fly on current routes and schedules but not add additional services? If so it may not hurt them too much.

The general promised to fix this problem when he stepped into power. He now has the European agency to worry about; their report is due soon.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

Tomorrow thursday 18.00 it is

the time for EU decision.

I bet, no way Thailand and good bye!

Because the safety rules and standard are international.

How the EU could make diffrent decision than US?

He just recently ordered that the traffic problem in Bangkok must be fixed within 3 months...lol If it doesn't happen the police chief needs to answer to him. I suspect the police chief is working on his CV.

City police chief given 3 months to fix Bangkok traffic

The EU has decided not to take further action against Thai airlines:

image.png

My bet was loose!

Just waiting for downgrade and check the currency and SET.

Thu, December 10, 2015 19:45:23 PM

Bangkok Post

Most Recent

EASA spares Thai airlines, gives more time to upgrade air safety

Published: 10/12/2015 at 06:32 PM

Share on Google+ LINE it!

The European Aviation Safety Agency on Thursday spared Thai-registered airlines a ban from European skies, saying instead it will closely monitor and assist the country in upgrading its air-safety standards.

While the EASA did not publish the full results of its recent safety audit, the European Commission said in a statement that no Thai-registered airlines were added to its EU Air Safety List when the listing of carriers subject to operational bans or restrictions in the European Union was updated today.

"The commission and the EASA are willing to continue to work with the Thai authorities to enhance aviation safety in the country," the statement read. "The commission and EASA will, however, closely monitor future developments and, if the protection of air passengers against safety risks so requires, the commission could then propose to include one or more air carriers from Thailand in the Air Safety List."

The EU reprieve comes as the first bit of good news for the Thai aviation sector, which has been reeling this year after air-safety downgrades from both the International Civil Aviation Organization and US Federal Aviation Administration.

While last week's FAA downgrade dealt a powerful psychological blow to the country's international standing, it, so far, has had no impact, as no Thai carriers currently serve North America.

The same would not have been true had the EASA slapped Thailand with a ban or restrictions. Thai Airways Thai Airways International and charter carrier Mjets both serve the European market with the Europe responsible for an estimated 30% of THAI's revenue.

Europe is Thailand's second largest tourism market, with the number of European tourists accounting for about 18% of total international visitors this year. About four million Europeans visit Thailand every year with about a quarter of those flying THAI.

EASA visited Thailand earlier this year and on Wednesday the Department of Civil Aviation signed an agreement with the agency that will see EASA experts help Thailand improve its air-safety oversight.

http://m.bangkokpost.com/most-recent/790921

Archived