IGNORED

MAPSME - offline GPS navigation. Get it Now

duckyousucker

I posted a similar thread elsewhere on this excellent forum and thought I'd ttry and impart the info here to a wider audience -

MAPSME

This is a free application available on Google Play for Android phones. Not sure if it works with an iPhone?

Basically this application is an awesome tool and a must download for world travellers and visitors to Thailand.

Once set up you can download a street level map on to your phone which allows full street cover of a country without needing WiFi or 3/4g internet connection.

As well as a handy offline map it is a powerful GPS navigation device too - it turns your phone into a free satnav. Simply download the country route map (instead of the smaller non route version), turn off your WiFi and 3/4g data and simply use your phones GPS receiver to plot where you are in relation to your route.

I wonder if the moderators here might even agree to post a permanent sticky on MAPSME? It really does warrant a loud voice here.

Most people I know use Google Maps for the same purpose but unlike MAPSME it really needs a WiFi/3/4g signal to work properly and does not allow offline street mapping the way this application does.

It's really made a huge difference to my travels and I thought I'd try and impart my limited knowledge on those of you who might have a need for such an application.

The Thailand map is not a huge download and will not fill your phones memory up much.

I'd be interested in learning what you chaps think of it too....

The Thailand map is not a huge download and will not fill your phones memory up much.

I'd be interested in learning what you chaps think of it too....

I have downloaded the application on to my own phone and then pinpointed areas in Pattaya where I intend to visit. Navigation to these map pins is now a very simple operation.

This is your second thread about this product (the last one posted yesterday). Are you associated with it?

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I tried mapsme over the last month and every si often it asks me to download the thailand map again. Unfortunately this happens when I don't have access to a wifi connection.

I now use offline maps and navigation. So far I have found it much better.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

No association with the product. I'm just so impressed with it that's all. I use it all the time with my casual work which takes me worldwide.

Why not HERE ? It's been out for years using offline mapping.  I use it.  now it's been bought by BMW etal I am not sure what's going to happen to it.  

You can do offline mapping for Google if you want.  What's it use for map data, OSM ?

I'm also a very happy user of it. Easy to install and run. Offline function is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing that puts me off using anything related with Google is the privacy..... They capture and record so much data.

Not sure if it works with an iPhone?

It'a available on the itunes store (free). 

Question, How does it differ from google maps?  I have internet on my phone so the off line portion is not a huge selling point for me.

Mapsme wasn't much use.

Couldn't find the biggest hospital in this area.

Couldn't pinpoint my location. And so on.

I deleted it.

Archived