Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

SC Villa (worried about possible construction work opposite)

Cropped Shaggy

I've just booked 16 nights at SC Villa on Soi Xzyte (off Soi Buakhao), thankfully refundable until a week before I get there in February. After doing at bit of research, consisting mainly of searching on here, and looking at Google Maps and Streetview, it seems a huge plot of land opposite has been cleared in the not so distant past, presumably awaiting construction works to begin.

The area in question used to be home to a bowls club, as well as small strip of bars (which are still viewable with Streetview from back in 2012), yet the 2015-dated aerial shot shows that entire area of land to have been cleared. Naturally, I'm more than a tad concerned that I'll be awoken every morning by a symphony of jack hammers and heavy machinery.

Does anyone on the ground know what's going on there atm? Even if it's quiet there, for now, I still may cancel anyway seeing how construction works could potentially begin anytime. Pretty annoying really...  thought I'd found myself a decent deal.

I stayed at Diana-Oasis in May when they were doing the dreaded power hammering the concrete posts into the ground.

My god it was noisy for well over 2 weeks just had to put up with it and get on with my holiday but it was awful.

You could here the noise all over Soi Buakaow it was that bad.

When i came back in August i stayed in Soi Chaiypoon and walked past the construction site most days and apart from

lorrys coming and going it was not to bad.

Came back again in October again stayed on Soi Chaiypoon and walked past most days although plenty going on but

was not noisy it will depend on where your room is and how close you are.

But hopefully for you at least the power driving has been completed so may not be to bad for you.

I understand there is yet another hotel going up there plus some shops but i may be wrong on that, i'm sure someone

knows what's going there. When i was there in May the jack hammers started round about 9am and finished at 4pm.

But i can tell you the construction works has started mainly foundations at the stage when i was there in October.

Not sure what you can do about your booking at this stage but if you got a good deal take a chance on it.

Sorry to hear you had to endure all that racket, fella. Something like that can really dampen one's spirits whilst on hols, but glad you got on with it anyway and still managed to have a good time, I hope.

Big thanks for the heads-up, seriously. I'm probably going to be getting back home at 7am, if not later, some mornings so 9am jack hammers and what not would be absolute torture. Definitely not something I'm prepared to risk. I've decided to cancel and have grabbed a room over at Noble Place 2 on the southern side of Lengkee. It's not ideal (I really wanted somewhere with a 24-hour reception) but it should do the job okay; I figure Chaiyapoon and the opposite side of Lengkee should act as a reasonably effective sound-buffer, with any luck.

Thanks again, mate, you've been a great help.

Archived