IGNORED

Avast virus alert

rattlin

damn it started again, gonna try adaware, i get resets after warning when I click on "my content", irritating scond time today thats occured adaware saying nothing malicous, malwarebytes the same.

This is getting weird, so I had  the warning this morning on "my content" followed by a page reset ever after on all browsers, ran adware as this time Avast was up to date, restarted PC all fine. Now everything I have run says clean and it happens again, so i restart PC ans I can access "My content" but NOT page 2 of this thread (so posting from page one, ha) no other website has this problem/ warning, just addicts, so weird, huh?

Alright so I am thinking this is definitely an Avast problem, virus database was upto date but program needed updating again, what the hell, only updated it yesterday, think i'll have to ditch it for AVG or somesuch.

Alright so I am thinking this is definitely an Avast problem, virus database was upto date but program needed updating again, what the hell, only updated it yesterday, think i'll have to ditch it for AVG or somesuch

Can recommend any of these

Avira Free Antivirus 2015 

Bitdefender 2016

Panda Free Antivirus 2016..VERY good

If all those reporting problems are using Avast, a false positive may be the cause. There has been discussion about that in the past. 

I use AVG and have received warnings on two occasions.

Having problems also since 2 weeks,everytime i try to connect to PA site it comes up threat detected.Have been using Avast for a long time never had any problems before.

Having problems also since 2 weeks,everytime i try to connect to PA site it comes up threat detected.Have been using Avast for a long time never had any problems before.

It's definitely Avast, I just went on the PC i Use for gaming and it too has Avast,sure enough this PC also had issues with this site, updated the program (would be nice if the free version told you it needed a program update!) restarted PC and all fine on the same problem page.   At least till next time Avast needs to be updated at the program level rather than simple definition level updates.

Edit

That was fast, just got ritaritalo message on the Ruby thread, Avast is totally upto date now too, so Avast gonna be gone from both PCs now

Linux is a very good for people, who only use computer for internet, emails, photo editing....

I used to have a dual boot Pc with a linux partition (Radeon graphics), after it gave up the ghost I put together 2 others, one for gaming and downloading the other for gaming and photo editing (both Intel quad cores but one has 8gb ram the other 16gb both mid range Nvidia graphics cards) and never got round to reinstalling linux.

I now find when I click on the view new content , I keep getting  "  no data received  "   Any advice  , help  please  

Can recommend any of these

Avira Free Antivirus 2015 

Bitdefender 2016

Panda Free Antivirus 2016..VERY good

Well thanks to your help guys i've got it sorted, just uninstalled Avast and downloaded Panda Free Antivirus, problem solved.

Just one balls up i made, i've elected to have a Panda toolbar and i now realise i don't want, anyone know how to get rid of ?

Well thanks to your help guys i've got it sorted, just uninstalled Avast and downloaded Panda Free Antivirus, problem solved.

Just one balls up i made, i've elected to have a Panda toolbar and i now realise i don't want, anyone know how to get rid of ?

you can uninstall Panda Security Toolbar from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
  1. On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
    • Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
    • Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
  2. When you find the program Panda Security Toolbar, click it, and then do one of the following:
    • Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
    • Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
  3. Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Panda Security Toolbar.
  4. If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.

I see it for mac but not free only free trial, is there a free one or is this it?

The issue is with a script that is running somewhere. It only happens for me when I pick the first topic I choose to read after having been logged out. I can hit refresh on the page and the warning goes away.

Screenshot of the error.

avastcode.jpg

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

you can uninstall Panda Security Toolbar from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
  1. On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
    • Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
    • Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
  2. When you find the program Panda Security Toolbar, click it, and then do one of the following:
    • Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
    • Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
  3. Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Panda Security Toolbar.
  4. If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.

Thanks a mill mate, its gone.

I also got rid of Avast. After the upgrade it worked fine but yesterday the warnings and resetted connections started again. Not going to miss that SW.

I also had the same problem with Avast so uninstalled and downloaded Webroot there's a link on the Bangkok Bank website where you can get it free for 1 year.

No problems at all now.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/OnlineBanking/PersonalBanking/iBanking/BualuangiBanking/Services/Pages/Webroot.aspx

Archived