IGNORED

turkish air

casey47

If the route includes flying over Russia i wouldn't be to sure ... 

I agree with your sentiment ,on flights uk /bangkok I think the route is over the ukraine not happy case of  disadents fireing off a missile

I wouldn't fly with them again for love or money based not on potential missile attacks (!) but the ludicrously tight seats on the main leg from the uk

The route is north from Istanbul not south.

Black Sea-Georgia-Azerbaijan-Turkmenistan-Afghanistan

I've thought about possibly using them as they have a good reputation. At present, I'd be more reluctant.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

And.......Turkish Airlines is having a sale!!!!!!!! No thanks.

what bollocks. Putin in not going to down an airliner (this is not 1983!)

It is an excellent airline. Their business class lounge at Attaturk is the best in the World. Makes the SQ lounge at Changi T3 seem pedestrian. 

Ashamed of my true nationality at present so I am temporarily flying the flag of the Kiwi Republic (wanted the All Black's flag-Black background with the Silver Fern- but not an option on the board software so Jacinda's Standard will have to do.  

I agree with your sentiment ,on flights uk /bangkok I think the route is over the ukraine not happy case of  disadents fireing off a missile

Since that Malaysian flight got shot down I don't think any airline, except maybe Russian (I don't know), are flying anywhere near eastern Ukraine. Istanbul to BBK goes nowhere near Ukraine anyway, it's in the opposite direction, unless they decide to go 1,000 km north before heading back down to BBK for some reason.

As for Syria, another risky area, commercial flights are prohibited from entering their airspace, to my knowledge.

I wouldn't fly with them again for love or money based not on potential missile attacks (!) but the ludicrously tight seats on the main leg from the uk

Also would not fly with TK owing to their accident record/pilot standards.

Have flown with them twice before; with the current situation with Russia, I will not be flying with them again anytime soon.

They don't need anyone to shot down there plains, they fall off the sky by themself. On my nonfly list. 

I would have no problem flying with them although both Istanbul airports are a bit hard work.

It’s just Ukraine in the same way as its not The Thailand, The Germany, The France etc.;)

I'm an American working/living in Kuwait. All flights out of here going to the US or Europe no longer fly over Iraq/Iran border towards turkey since Russia has been shooting ballistic missiles from the Caspian Sea into Syria. Flights take an alternate route over Saudi Arabia and the Red Sea, then head north to Europe.

I only fly big time airlines: Lufthansa, United, Emrites, KLM, etc. Stay away from cheap no name airlines that fly routes over dangerous war torn countries.

At the end of the day safety is more important than saving money. Safe Travels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does any one think it is safe to fly turkish air ie a stray missile may go astray and hit it no names mentioned ?

I wouldnt even use them before the Russians got the hump

Istanbul airport is a bit of a challenge, but a great lounge. 

I fly Turkish quite a bit to Asia from Europe & it is a good airline.  They have made a massive amount of investment & improvements in the past 5 years or so. their safety rating is good these days, not KLM, BA or Lufthansa standard but better than Thai.  I have been screwed by both BA and Lufthansa in the past couple of years because of industrial action. 

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

I found Istanbul airport extremely congested on several occasions. Because of traffic jam my airplane once reached the gate 1hr late and my luggage then reached my destination 2 days after me (with several chargers in the checked luggage). I would avoid it for that reason. Otherwise i feel it's very professional.

(with several chargers in the checked luggage)

Anything I can't quickly replace on the ground I always take in my carry-on baggage.

Anything I can't quickly replace on the ground I always take in my carry-on baggage.

absolutely bang on the money +100000

A few years ago I flew Australian Airlines (now defunct)  who wet hired a jet from Turkish Air!

The plane was in tatters and the flight attendants had sand in their kunts!  

For $320 Oneway Melbourne to Phuket you wear it and move one!

Did Manchester to Bangkok, on Turkish Airlines, 3 weeks ago and I would say their business class was not as good good as Qatar or Emirates but as good as Air France, BA, Cathay and Lufthansa that I have also travelled with.

I'd fly with them again, I think a scooter in Pattaya and mongering in general is far higher risk than any flight

• 4 weeks later...

I am flying with them in July. I will take my chances.

We all have to die sometime...

I have used Turkish Airlines lots over the last 4 years.

Economy & Business class.

All good but after the recent turn of events I do not think I will use any Arab or Muslim Airlines, the change over at the Airports I would say its only a matter of time before some Falang looking dude is attacked or murdered.

IMO its now if but when.

Call me a paranoid tosser but when it happens call me Mr Common sense.

As for Turkey shooting a Russian fighter out of the sky well IMO they showed there colours.

Just to show I am no racist I would not fly with Air France or BA either.

Archived