IGNORED

Mr T taxi heads up

paulmac

Just a heads up to anyone planning on using Mr T services on New Years eve, think again.

Emailed him to book and his reply was:

HI,

I'm sorry no service on 31 December from us.

Regards,
Mr.T

I no how bad traffic can be NYE, but we land in Bangkok at 7am.
Never mind, plenty of other choices.

traffic on new years is a meltdown in pattaya

beach road, second soi buckow is a car park..

if it was me id stay BKK for the night and get the skytrain into town from the airport

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Just a heads up to anyone planning on using Mr T services on New Years eve, think again.

Emailed him to book and his reply was:

HI,[/size]

I'm sorry no service on 31 December from us.

Regards,

Mr.T

I no how bad traffic can be NYE, but we land in Bangkok at 7am.

Never mind, plenty of other choices.

What is your problem???

He has given you 5 weeks notice that he cannot do the pickup. At least he has done this and not say yes and leave you stranded at the airport.

Kudos to Mr T IMO..... at least he said he cannot do the job .... gave you heaps of notice.

Well done to him for being honest and upfront ..... what else do you want from a service company.

cheers

What is your problem???

He has given you 5 weeks notice that he cannot do the pickup. At least he has done this and not say yes and leave you stranded at the airport.

Kudos to Mr T IMO..... at least he said he cannot do the job .... gave you heaps of notice.

Well done to him for being honest and upfront ..... what else do you want from a service company.

cheers

Let the guy have a day off . 

Mr T is a booking service for independent drivers, he doesn't actually employ them as such.  As long as they do their job properly he keeps them on the books and refers business to them, if they are assholes he crosses them off the booking list.

Small surprise that he can't get enough folks willing to give up NYE to fight their way in and out of BKK.  Experience has probably taught him that drivers will take bookings and then get hammered and not turn up at the airport, so it seems reasonable that he just doesn't book for that day anymore.

A good heads-up nonetheless, not everyone will realise that things don't quite work the same way in LoS as they do back home.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Mr T is a booking service for independent drivers, he doesn't actually employ them as such.  As long as they do their job properly he keeps them on the books and refers business to them, if they are assholes he crosses them off the booking list.

Small surprise that he can't get enough folks willing to give up NYE to fight their way in and out of BKK.  Experience has probably taught him that drivers will take bookings and then get hammered and not turn up at the airport, so it seems reasonable that he just doesn't book for that day anymore.

A good heads-up nonetheless, not everyone will realise that things don't quite work the same way in LoS as they do back home.

Cheers

Perthie

Good post Perthie and agree.

But it does make you wonder why the OP does just say that Mr T will not have drivers on NYE.

He tried to book... got 5 weeks notice that the booking would not be accepted by the company ..... why not give a heads up of the good service he got from the company so he would not be wasting time at the airport waiting for a driver who would be a no show.

cheers

the drivers deserve a day off like everybody else.

not to mention the traffic problems at the pattaya end.

it will be the same story for thai new year and that day the pattaya traffic is an almost complete standstill

As stated above Mr.T has given enough notice to you to make other arrangements so I think he deserves a big thumbs up.

Mr T or any other taxi firm it's better to say no can do now than say yes and let the client down on the night

Wow - all Paulmac did was post to give a head's up, just as Mr T did.  I didn't read anything negative into his post - maybe the title could have been more informative, but that's it.

No need to nail the poor guy to the mast!

Wow - all Paulmac did was post to give a head's up, just as Mr T did.  I didn't read anything negative into his post - maybe the title could have been more informative, but that's it.

Read it again.

cheers

What is your problem???

cheers

There is no problem at all, read the title, ''Heads up'', just trying to help others.

The only problem is your arrogance, get down off your high horse.

People like you who turn a good deed in to an argument, take a long hard look at yourself before trying to slate me for trying to help others.

Cheers pal, just trying to save people any time

I have used Mr T on numerous occasions and never had a problem, and would happily use again

Good post Perthie and agree.

But it does make you wonder why the OP does just say that Mr T will not have drivers on NYE.

He tried to book... got 5 weeks notice that the booking would not be accepted by the company ..... why not give a heads up of the good service he got from the company so he would not be wasting time at the airport waiting for a driver who would be a no show.

cheers

What is your problem Ausmagoo?

Im trying to help fellow mongers save time and gave them a heads up.

Yes 5 weeks is more than enough notice, and as i wrote ''its no problem''.

I was not slating Mr T at all, the only person showing disrespect is you and your total arrogance. 

What is your problem Ausmagoo?

Im trying to help fellow mongers save time and gave them a heads up.

Yes 5 weeks is more than enough notice, and as i wrote ''its no problem''.

I was not slating Mr T at all, the only person showing disrespect is you and your total arrogance.

I have no problem.

Read what you wrote first up... you were having a cheap shot at a business for not providing a service even after they said they could not. .... and I was not the only one who picked this up.... have a look at the replies.

As for you saying "it's no problem"..... well why did you not say that first up instead of your little snide shot about the time you arrive in Bkk.

Anyway... hope you get there safely.....and have a good holiday.

cheers

I have no problem.

Read what you wrote first up... you were having a cheap shot at a business for not providing a service even after they said they could not. .... and I was not the only one who picked this up.... have a look at the replies.

As for you saying "it's no problem"..... well why did you not say that first up instead of your little snide shot about the time you arrive in Bkk.

Anyway... hope you get there safely.....and have a good holiday.

cheers

Remind me when i was having a cheap shot?

I was trying to help others out by saving them time.

Go through my previous posts and you will see i have nothing but praise for the service Mr T provides.

I do not no what your problem is Ausmagoo

Remind me when i was having a cheap shot?

I was trying to help others out by saving them time.

Go through my previous posts and you will see i have nothing but praise for the service Mr T provides.

I do not no what your problem is Ausmagoo

Have a good holiday.

cheers

Archived