IGNORED

Health insurance for Thais in Thailand

md110

Thinking about getting health insurance for my Thai girlfriend, so was wondering does anybody have any experiences and recommendations.

Been looking at Bupa plans and noticed that as a major exclusion they list treatment arising from sexually transmitted diseases. What does that mean that if I get some STD they are not covering the diagnostic procedure/testing for it and medications? What’s the use of that kind of coverage?

Also do Thai citizens have some kind of free basic health insurance and where can I get more info about specifics, what is covered etc.( will google it but was wondering if anybody here has first-hand experience / knowledge)

Any help much appreciated

Plan and execute

Thais have a rather good plan for social medicine and the TG ought to know how it works and probably has it.

Testing for the suite of STDs costs around 600 Baht ($20) at Lifecare in Pattaya and treatment is not likely to be much more than $50 or so (for Ceftriaxone, Penicillin or Azithromycin) , so that insurance is not a huge issue is it?

NB: Condoms are a lot less expensive and way less painful than Gonhorrea.

There is a clinic on 3th road near to soi Leng Kee where everything is free for thais even medicines.

I found the local policies lacking so I went ahead and added the missus to my health plan for about 100 bucks a month.. the plan covers 1 million sterling and world wide coverage.  If you don't have this option I would suggest you speak with someone like the guys at AAinsure.net and figure out which option is best.

Kurt

--- Is it in yet?

Archived