IGNORED

2nd UK Further Leave to Remain Visa

neil123

Just renewing our 2nd 2/12 years visa, in the UK, not as complicated as the first, and requires less documents, since most were included in the first application. Costs £649, I have 2 my wife and her son, £1298.00. By post, £1000, if you want to get a same day service. £500 each for the NHS surcharge, £80 each for biometric cards. Also she as to do the A1test, again, as all certificates are invalid after November 19 unless it is an electronic version. This test now costs £150. Last one cost £80.

All together £2,700 quite a little earner for our cash strapped government, who can only reduce immigration by targeting the easy options, and legal immigration avenues.

Dont assume prior docs not required. Onus on applicant on each application to provide not just all that is specifically requested but also all that may be necessary (whether requested or not) to make a grant of FLR. As many say .... better IN than OUT.

Good luck

Just renewing our 2nd 2/12 years visa, in the UK, not as complicated as the first, and requires less documents, since most were included in the first application. Costs £649, I have 2 my wife and her son, £1298.00. By post, £1000, if you want to get a same day service. £500 each for the NHS surcharge, £80 each for biometric cards. Also she as to do the A1test, again, as all certificates are invalid after November 19 unless it is an electronic version. This test now costs £150. Last one cost £80.

All together £2,700 quite a little earner for our cash strapped government, who can only reduce immigration by targeting the easy options, and legal immigration avenues.

And if you had any other EU passport except a British one staying in the UK it would cost you NOTHING mate.

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/overview

You should have stuffed her in the back of a lorry at Calais, she would have a flat and a nice little income of her own and certainly no tests and fees. :SoWhat1:

They need to raise as much cash as possible to let in all the freebies, then to house them and give them benefits!!

You should have stuffed her in the back of a lorry at Calais, she would have a flat and a nice little income of her own and certainly no tests and fees. :SoWhat1:

Pay a European to take her in to the UK. She has permanent residency after 6 Months.

Good luck, no help to you but thats one of the reasons why we don't live in the UK.

Hi Neil

My situation sounds identical to yours. We had to go a do the English test yesterday, waste of time my wife said it was far easier than the first one, just a way of making extra money.

Are you sure the Biometric Permits are £80, I read they were £19.20 from the post office and that you can only get them when you submit your FLR application, then they send you a letter telling you to get the card with a barcode reference they give you. Her daughter is added on the same card as under 16.

Let me know how your application progresses, sending ours off in 2 weeks.

• 1 month later...

The Biometric Permits turned out to be £19.20, done at the Post Office, Sent the forms off on the 3rd December, for renewal on the 19th, got visa on 25th January, no problems, Her son, is 14 and he has had to have his own

That price is disgraceful. Any Non Brit from Europe staying in the UK can bring any non EU partner and their families into the UK to live without a visa. It's scandalous.

Best thing is they havent taken the money yet, and we have the visa,s . I phoned them, and they didnt want to know, so now I have had to send them a letter recorded delivery to tell them they have not taken the £1298, crazy 

• 4 months later...

An EU family permit is for 6 months duration - the applicant then gets a 5 year resident card.

After 5 years they can apply for PR but must pass Kol.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

An EU family permit is for 6 months duration - the applicant then gets a 5 year resident card.

What is Kol

What is Kol

Knowledge Of Life test.

And I thought I was an EU citizen, lol. Cameron wants me to stay in to be treated second best to every EU citizen that wishes to settle and bring spouse to the UK.

Is it true that the English test for FLR will be changed to A2 standard (from A1)?

When will she have to take the Life in the UK Test?

Is it true that the English test for FLR will be changed to A2 standard (from A1)?

When will she have to take the Life in the UK Test?

Anyone applying after October 2016 to extend the visa will need a B1.

You may find this useful : https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-a2-english-requirement-in-the-family-route

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

Archived