IGNORED

jonah lomu dead

dogday

Fucken hell. Died young.... What happened?

RIP

Edit: never mind I googled it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The funny thing about first impressions is you don't get a second chance at them!

ALL Blacks legend Jonah Lomu has died aged 40, according to reports in New Zealand media.New Zealand’s 3News reported that former All Blacks doctor John Mayhew confirmed that Lomu had died unexpectedly on Wednesday.Lomu has had a long running health battle with kidney problems and had a life saving kidney transplant seven years ago.The big winger played 73 times for New Zealand.

It's a shame alright - too many steroids. I hope the current crop learn a lesson from that and at least cut down on them during the off-season.

It's a shame alright - too many steroids. I hope the current crop learn a lesson from that and at least cut down on them during the off-season.

The substance that has been associated with nephrotic syndrome is creatine which is not a steroid. While it is known that the All Blacks had a creatine program in the '90s and at least one other former All Black developed NS (and died), Lomu consistently denied taking it. Nephrotic Syndrome may be caused by many other things.

P.S. I agree that rugby players should not use creatine.

I hear what you're saying, Sinbad. I'm just suspicious, that's all. First it was swimming, then cycling, now athletics is under the spotlight. I just can't believe that RU isn't rife with performance enhancing drug use, or RL, soccer and even perhaps cricket. Blimey, guys (and girls) take steroids down at my local gym. I don't hear a dickey bird about how often RU players are tested, by whom or how. If they were tested anything like rigorously many more would have been found out. As it, how many cases have there been? Hardly any - I think there was a SA player banned for a while. Do you know of any others? I've followed the game over quite a few years and I doubt whether the performance level in the modern game, the intensity, is simply down to better training techniques, nutrition, medical resources et al. There are simply no 'new' revolutionary training methods - just the same ones as before, although possibly better delivered. But not enough to explain the massive improvement in size, strength and endurance of those playing the game at the highest level.

Archived