IGNORED

VPN asia ,,,,,slow ?

soi23

Recently installed VPN asia and it knocked my down load speed down to almost nothing ,,less than 5m..disconnect it and it goes back up to easily 28-30m . Can anyone tell me where I went wrong ??

I spend half my money on hookers and booze ,the other half I waste.

• 3 years later...

I too had to face a lot of problem regarding VPN but some time ago I downloaded the VPN shield in my windows laptop and it is working very well and the speed also gives very good if you download it If you want, you can also download and use it in your window laptop from the internet and try what speed it forwards to you

Different VPNs have different routing and more or less nodes available.

There can be a lot of difference in speed as to which VPN you use.

ExpressVPN is the fastest I have found for the Asian region, it goes via Hong Kong and has many nodes.

I'm happy with Nord VPN, they even have servers in Thailand, Vietnam and other surrounding countries. Got it really cheap, 3 years for 99$. Download speed with european servers always at the maximum capacity of my  100 Mbit connection.

• 1 month later...

Thailand has shaky international capacity,  you'll have to play around with VPN locations to see what works best on your ISP ( especially at peak times, evenings/weekends/holidays )

First two choices would be thailand and singapore. With a thai location you probably be a bit better off than a domestic ISP, if they chose a decent datacenter. Singapore has a good amount of connectivity to thailand, and has decent international peering.

Note, its less likely to effect sites in the google and microsoft group, or major streaming services which use the bigger distribution networks.

• 3 months later...

I've used a number of VPNs and Singapore has always been the best place to connect to, with a close second being Hong Kong. So I'd look for a VPN that has servers in those locations :)