IGNORED

Eastiny 7 Hotel

SirRox

Tried a search but there appears to be more than one Eastiny hotel.

Have a room booked at Eastiny 7 in late Feb for a week.

Based on intel on another board I booked the room based on it being close to Soi 6 and the Beach Road.

After going through the Soi 6 forum here, I think it would be wise to stay closeby!

I have free cancellation so was wondering if the hotel was a dump and should I be looking for another hotel. Mixed reviews using the search but as I said, many Eastiny hotels.

Also, is Soi 7 a fairly central area to stay or should I be looking in another area?

Thanks in advance.

Free cancellation is common on sites like Agoda and not necessarily or even usually a sign of a poor hotel.  The area is reasonably central but you will likely be hopping on a baht bus a lot to go to Walking Street and Soi 6.  This is more due to the heat as its often too damned hot to walk a few blocks.

I've never stayed there but have often stayed in the same area at its sister hotel, Bella Vista and its a nice hotel for the price.  The problem you may encounter is the noise from the bars but according to many the area is not as happening as it used to be.  This can be a good thing when you want a decent night's sleep.

Tried a search but there appears to be more than one Eastiny hotel.

Have a room booked at Eastiny 7 in late Feb for a week.

Based on intel on another board I booked the room based on it being close to Soi 6 and the Beach Road.

After going through the Soi 6 forum here, I think it would be wise to stay closeby!

I have free cancellation so was wondering if the hotel was a dump and should I be looking for another hotel. Mixed reviews using the search but as I said, many Eastiny hotels.

Also, is Soi 7 a fairly central area to stay or should I be looking in another area?

Thanks in advance.

Just so people know, Eastiny hotels are not LB friendly.

I have never stayed at that Eastiny but I'd assume it isn't a dump.

Soi 7 is a short bahtbus ride south of Soi 6 via Beach Rd costing 10 baht per person.

Thanks for the intel.

No worries on it being LB friendly!

I'm assuming the hotel is girl friendly?

IIRC I saw a website that had GF hotels in Pattaya and I'm 99.9% sure I saw the Eastiny 7 on the list.

I stayed there in 2012; it was superb location when soi7/8 area was packed back then, less fun now but still good area to hangout.

Overall it was ok, nothing special but no complaints either, used the pool once and it's all mine.

If I were you; I'd book the first 2-3 nights then decide if I want spend the whole trip there or move elsewhere, late February isn't particularly low season but plenty of accommodation would be available during this period. Have a nice trip.

I stayed in Eastiny 7 a few years ago and although the location is good I would not recommend it.

The pool is of very poor quality, the walls (between the rooms) are paper thin and there is a lot of noise at night from the bars in the soi (which of course is not a problem if you stay out at night yourself)

If I had the choice I would go for the Eastiny Place in Soi 8. The location is almost the same but it's a better hotel I think.

ginola

I stayed in this hotel for a month in like 2008/2009.  I liked the hotel back then.  Read a lot of mixed reviews but decided to book for 3/4 days this past January.  Thought the hotel was still good.  Location is great and is really hard to beat IMO.  I like their pool too.  You can swim in it just fine.  And the pool is on the 3rd floor overlooking the street bars which is kind of cool I think.  Hotel has good value for money IMO and is not a dump.  One thing though I advise you pay just a little more and get the superior room and not the standard room.

Stayed there last month. Not the best or worst. Pool is pretty poor rooms ok but I much prefer flipper lodge on soi 8 I would reccomend there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived