IGNORED

Can you use Chromecast in Thailand?

Jumpin Jack Flash

I expect this is a real long shot but thought I would ask anyway.

Can you use a chromecast to watch stuff from the Internet on your typical Thai tv set ?   In my fantasy world I imagine just plugging in my chromecast dongle to the TV in my hotel room, then just casting anything I like (movies, YouTube, etc) from my laptop or from my phone. Obviously the wifi will have to be fast enough to make it watchable, but other than that, is it feasible ?

Don't hesitate to piss all over my bonfire and shatter my dreams here, I'm expecting it, honestly. :D

It will depend upon if the TV has a HDMI port. Most new TV's will have one..

I expect this is a real long shot but thought I would ask anyway.

Can you use a chromecast to watch stuff from the Internet on your typical Thai tv set ?   In my fantasy world I imagine just plugging in my chromecast dongle to the TV in my hotel room, then just casting anything I like (movies, YouTube, etc) from my laptop or from my phone. Obviously the wifi will have to be fast enough to make it watchable, but other than that, is it feasible ?

Don't hesitate to piss all over my bonfire and shatter my dreams here, I'm expecting it, honestly. :D

Yep

Works fine I use one in my condo

It can be done son....however, problems with some TVs in the rooms is that they are mounted flush to the wall thereby making access to the HDMI port impossible (from experience)

Apparently router compatibility can be an issue with the Chromecast

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

does your laptop have an hdmi output jack? might be easier just to get an actual hdmi cable and use that instead of chromecast

My Irish netflix accounts would not work anyway :GoldenSmile1:

should work for youtube or direct cast from the phone etc

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Thanks for the link. cheap as chips as well. I'll get one of those when I'm back home.

I changed my link because it was the wrong bit of kit you need but it still appears to be linking to it.

This is what you should get. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Matters-SuperSpeed-2048x1152-1920x1200/dp/B00BPEV1XK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447884379&sr=8-1&keywords=mac+usb+hdmi

OP, I use and no problem. But as said in other posts, you need access to the HDMI if wall mounted.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Daryle

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh well, it didn't work out. Tried it in 3 different hotels - all TVs had HDMI ports but it wouldn't connect with the wifi.

Just saw that thread for the Minix tv boxes. That looks the business.

No chance, it's a Mac.

I have several macs.

The Minidsiplayport is in fact an HDMI port and a minidisplayport to HDMI adapter / cable is cheap.

An older MacBook Pro I have has DVI and a DVI to HDMI cable is also possible. And even cheaper. Though $4 vs. $8 is not going to break the bank.

I connect my newer  MacBook Pro to the hotel TV HDMI all the time. Chromecast will depend not on the internet connection in the hotel but the wifi speed.

If you do this a lot you can bring a router (small travel router is one idea) and set up a network for this purpose that is not connected to the internet but would be used b the host computer and the Chromecast. 

So yes chance. 

Archived