IGNORED

Hotel, serviced apartment or condo?

Donny tom

What are people arrangements when stopping in pattaya whether it be 2 days or 2 month. Iv personally got a hotel but my other friends get serviced apartments.

What are the real costs of these apartments or condos as bills aren't included like in a hotel? I'm the kind of person who has aircon on whenever in room to sub zero temperatures so guessing would be a lot more then the guys that don't mind the heat while in your rooms. Plus a hotel I get it cleaned everyday with fresh towels, bed made and general mop/hoover/dust do you get this in the price with a serviced apartment( guessing thata the serviced part? Or is it a extra cost). Also what is the cost for gas water and electric ?

Depends how long you stay and who you book with.

Always stayed in hotels until my last visit when I used a condo.

Plan to get a condo next time as well.

If less than a month, then electricity & water usually included. If a monthly rate for longer stays then usually not.

Most do not include cleaning etc. Some agents offer some in the rate for shorter stays. I payed 300 baht a time for cleaning - not including bed.

I had to pay for laundry for bedding and towels.

Many agents charge a one-off end of rental cleaning fee as well.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

What davidge said about electricity, water and cleaning. I suggest you search airbnb to get a idea of costs verses hotels, You can also message owners/agents before you book and ask them if they can do you a discounted rate for an extended stay.

You can also take a look here for monthly price guidance: http://www.benchmarkthailand.com/

I'm sure there are many similar rental agencies around.

• 2 weeks later...

I've found much of a muchness, to be honest. Having daily sheet change, water, breakfast, all utilities included was about the same value to me as a condo. My first condo was an AirBnB deal that had NOTHING outside of weekly (gross) sheet change, but utilities were included.

Depends on how much you expect to spend on breakfast and a few bottles of H2Whoooooaaaaa. I guess I'd say a guesthouse or hotel is better for me (less to worry about).

And in the long run, I found it cheaper. And most often a better location. And A LOT more friendly. I frequented one on the beach for a while, and they upgraded me on sight after the third time.

(And a lot less judgemental when you want to bring the ladies around for a drink).

Archived