hpool1

Mr Jacks Grade AAA Copy Watches

mannimal

Even though I have 5 excellent copies, my favorite watch is my 1946 Rolex bubbleback. Nothing beats a vintage Rolex. 

Nice! :)

Nothing wrong with copies if you like a variety of styles to wear so no offence meant to anybody on here.

flaboy

Nice! :)

Nothing wrong with copies if you like a variety of styles to wear so no offence meant to anybody on here.

None taken. Yes I like many styles but don't have the 200k to buy the real ones :)  Here is my little pride and joy.

rolex.jpg

barmatt

I have only ever once owned an automatic watch, a citizen and the wind mechanism lasted 10yrs before it failed. The cost to repair it was as much as the watch when I purchased it so I ditched it.

With the original Rolex the wind mechanism has a life time warranty so if you get 10yrs from a copy you're doing ok. 

mannimal

None taken. Yes I like many styles but don't have the 200k to buy the real ones :)  Here is my little pride and joy.

That is beautiful and they look so classy on the wrist. Bells and whistle watches have never done it for me as I've always like them simple. Not the most practical sometimes but there ya go. :)

kub

Hi Guys,

I want to bring my watch (original Maurice Lacroix) to a watchmaker for a revision.

Has someone here brought his watch to Jack for repairs and how was the result?

Edited by kub

ordinary1

I wouldn't use Jack to service my watches.Last time he serviced my watch,had to return the watch twice to fix.Then the watch broken yet again as I was leaving Pattaya.

Now I use Mr Wong to service my watches,he takes his time for watch servicing up to 4 days.Mr Wong's shop is right at the back of Wat Chai wet Market on Pattaya Tai.

Edited by ordinary1

Luk Dee

Bought this Folex from Mr Wongs for 3000 bht, I really like the watch only issue I have is the steel on the band is soft so it tends to scratch quite easily.

20160110_180748.jpg

kub

@ordinary1

Many thanks for that info. How much did you pay for the service?

Edited by kub

ordinary1

Had 4 automatic watches[parnis,tissot,timex and citizen] serviced around 800baht per watch.This was done in september last year and all these watches are working well since.

Edited by ordinary1

kub

Thanks again, ordinary1. I will give Mr. Wong a try

Puttuyu

Mr Wong's shop is right at the back of Wat Chai wet Market on Pattaya Tai.

Is he the 50-60 years old guy who can also speak french ?

Shaygate

Is he the 50-60 years old guy who can also speak french ?

I don't know if he can speak French but he is in that age bracket.

Methos

Picked this up from Jack today, ordered from Bangkok a couple of days ago.

It came with the brown strap, I got the black one at the same time and swapped it out. 23mm lug width, which is a bit annoying but jack trimmed the end of a 24mm strap to fit.

Not a lot of high end availability, he tells me when his supplier gets them they go very fast. This one was 10k.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

passport220

I walked past the area today. Is Mr. Jack's the shop that says "RC Optical" on the sign at the front of the shop?

Uncle-V

I walked past the area today. Is Mr. Jack's the shop that says "RC Optical" on the sign at the front of the shop?

yeah there are two shops that are very close to each other (maybe even right next door, but I'm not 100% sure). I don't know about the Optical sign, but Jack's is the first shop coming from Pattaya Klang. You can usually see him (medium height, 30ish,  handsome Asian guy) working on the watches at his desk which is right up against the shop window left of the shop entrance. 

Picked this up from Jack today, ordered from Bangkok a couple of days ago.

It came with the brown strap, I got the black one at the same time and swapped it out. 23mm lug width, which is a bit annoying but jack trimmed the end of a 24mm strap to fit.

Not a lot of high end availability, he tells me when his supplier gets them they go very fast. This one was 10k.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Lovely photos and lovely watch. Nicely done!

Uncle-V

Bought this Folex from Mr Wongs for 3000 bht, I really like the watch only issue I have is the steel on the band is soft so it tends to scratch quite easily.

Nice datejust.  I have the blue one, but am thinking about also getting one with the silver dial like yours.

The metal on the Rolex sub for 3K I bought from Jack's is pretty good. Not a lot of scratching.

I also bought 2 ladies Datejusts for GFs and the metal on them seems pretty good quality. And he only charged 2K for them. 

Edited by Uncle-V

bossofzip

Nice datejust.  I have the blue one, but am thinking about also getting one with the silver dial like yours.

The metal on the Rolex sub for 3K I bought from Jack's is pretty good. Not a lot of scratching.

I also bought 2 ladies Datejusts for GFs and the metal on them seems pretty good quality. And he only charged 2K for them. 

I am interested in the watches mentioned throughout this Topic

be good if pics were posted each time 

Luk Dee

Theres not alot of scratching on mine (yet anyway..) although a few minor scratches from a number of drunken nights in Patts...

The metal that my watch band is made out of will be the same as yours, the watches will have been sourced from the same place.

It's a really nice watch I only wish the band was a bit more robust re: being prone to scratching.

Uncle-V

I am interested in the watches mentioned throughout this Topic

be good if pics were posted each time 

here they are. sorry my fotos are not as good quality as some on here. They are taken form my old Sasmsung S4..

I bought 2 of the same ladies datejust b/c my GF lost hers.  

I've had that sub for over a year and no major scratches, even though I wear it almost every day. However it did stop on me a couple of times and Jack had to clean the mechanism and replace a gear. That was about 2 weeks ago and it works fine so far. 

20151231_110936.jpg

20160114_154402.jpg

Edited by Uncle-V

Kanga

yeah there are two shops that are very close to each other (maybe even right next door, but I'm not 100% sure). I don't know about the Optical sign, but Jack's is the first shop coming from Pattaya Klang. You can usually see him (medium height, 30ish,  handsome Asian guy) working on the watches at his desk which is right up against the shop window left of the shop entrance. 

Don't you mean the second one? Or have I been getting it wrong all these years......... :Think1:

NightWatcher

I can see all you Pattaya residents sitting in gogo bars drinking a draught beer while wearing your Rolex  :GoldenSmile1: 

The problem with buying replicas of the highest end luxury watches (Omega, Rolex, etc) is that everyone assumes it's fake. And as someone pointed out before, when you get asked the question "Is that a real Omega/Rolex/Whatever?" (which I know from experience is a very common question) you either say "yes it's real" and die a little inside for the lie, while looking at the guys eyes and wondering if he knows your lying. It can really wear you down.

Or you say no, it's a fake. But if you're openly going to admit at every turn it's fake, then why buy and wear a fake? Kinda defeats the whole purpose.

I say to everyone, buy a real watch within your means and be proud of it. At least a real brand is behind it, and the quality of their products directly impacts the brand reputation. A genuine $400 watch is going to be a thousand times better than a $400 "high-end" fake.

Uncle-V

Don't you mean the second one? Or have I been getting it wrong all these years......... :Think1:

Fuck! Yes of course its the 2nd one from Pattaya Klang. I am so bad at giving directions. But I can find a place on autopilot once I've been there once. I was just in there 2 weeks ago. 555

In any case Jack's  can be found on google maps. And it is the one with the "RC Optical" sign out front.  It also says "Mr Jack "in green letters on the window right above the little desk where he works on the watches. 

irl

Can anyone on the ground tell me what stock jack has at the moment i have a close friend in pattaya for the next 2 weeks i would like him to bring me home good quality fake watch

Pumpuynarak

I can see all you Pattaya residents sitting in gogo bars drinking a draught beer while wearing your Rolex  :GoldenSmile1: 

The problem with buying replicas of the highest end luxury watches (Omega, Rolex, etc) is that everyone assumes it's fake. And as someone pointed out before, when you get asked the question "Is that a real Omega/Rolex/Whatever?" (which I know from experience is a very common question) you either say "yes it's real" and die a little inside for the lie, while looking at the guys eyes and wondering if he knows your lying. It can really wear you down.

Or you say no, it's a fake. But if you're openly going to admit at every turn it's fake, then why buy and wear a fake? Kinda defeats the whole purpose.

I say to everyone, buy a real watch within your means and be proud of it. At least a real brand is behind it, and the quality of their products directly impacts the brand reputation. A genuine $400 watch is going to be a thousand times better than a $400 "high-end" fake.

You are totally missing the point, the reason why i wear and own up at will to my watches being fakes is quite simply "i like the watches" but am not prepared to pay the cost of the genuine article and here in Thailand everyone thinks your high end watch is a fake despite what you may say.    

"In Thailand its not real unless its a fake" 

The Blue-Eyed Sheikh

You are totally missing the point, the reason why i wear and own up at will to my watches being fakes is quite simply "i like the watches" but am not prepared to pay the cost of the genuine article and here in Thailand everyone thinks your high end watch is a fake despite what you may say.    

"In Thailand its not real unless its a fake" 

My interest is in the exotic movements (which appear not to be offered in replicas anyway). As I posted earlier in the thread, I'd love a star-wheel movement, but have better uses for the money than spending it on what an authentic one (even used) would cost.