hpool1

Mr Jacks Grade AAA Copy Watches

robw

Nice.

Did he do them in the swiss movement & if so how much ????

At 3,000 Baht I would think they are Japanese movement watches.

Superb looking watch.

Jack has sold & serviced many watches for me over many years.

A decent Thai man is Jack.

I want to get 2 Brietling Chroliners,does he have these?

pej

Breitling got some nice watches. I got mine Avenger yesterday.

a39312a3442add4b41ddc8446c0ce8a0.jpg

Using an Apple product

robw

Breitling got some nice watches. I got mine Avenger yesterday.

a39312a3442add4b41ddc8446c0ce8a0.jpg

Using an Apple product

Agreed,looks good.

golden_boy

Nice.

Did he do them in the swiss movement & if so how much ????

At 3,000 Baht I would think they are Japanese movement watches.

Superb looking watch.

Jack has sold & serviced many watches for me over many years.

A decent Thai man is Jack.

Hi mate. I called into jacks again today and asked. In swiss movement he can order about 10.000 baht. Your right my ones are japanese movement.

Jack Frost

Hi mate. I called into jacks again today and asked. In swiss movement he can order about 10.000 baht. Your right my ones are japanese movement.

Great watch.

What I like about Jack is if your watch is not working in a few years for some reason or another he will mend it or service it at a decent price.

Enjoy your watches.

:Wassup1:

aquaracer

OHNO!

2 monkey hangers on the forum LOL.

:hello09:

You a Monkey hanger to mate?

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Agreed,looks good.

Nice time-piece mate  :ThumbUp6:

Harvey707

Decided on 2 rolex @ 3000 baht each. Nice shop.

Trouble is from experience any watch that has any element of "gold" on it plate or whatever quickly marks and fades. I've never had one from any source that doesn't in Thailand

Pheat

Trouble is from experience any watch that has any element of "gold" on it plate or whatever quickly marks and fades. I've never had one from any source that doesn't in Thailand

Yep

Most snides are plated as thinly as possible most are only plated a few microns deep

pej

My next watch are going to be a dress watch. Patek Philip 5227 Calatrava

Using an Apple product

Nataz

are the watches water proof ??

brutox

.... At 3,000 Baht I would think they are Japanese movement watches.

.. guys, is the THB 7,000 difference between these watches the movements only, or are the casings, faces, straps, etc. also of different qualities?

.. are the differences between the Japanese and Swiss movements in their timekeeping accuracies only, or also in their durabilities? .. will the Swiss movement watches last meaningfully longer than the Japanese ones?

Edited by brutox

LOTTELLEE WINNA

.. guys, is the THB 7,000 difference between these watches the movements only, or are the casings, faces, straps, etc. also of different qualities?

.. are the differences between the Japanese and Swiss movements in their timekeeping accuracies only, or also in their durabilities? .. will the Swiss movement watches last meaningfully longer than the Japanese ones?

are the watches water proof ??

I'm not an expert, but I will give you my experience.  On first arriving in Patts I bought a couple of watches from the blokes going around the bars....rubbish! I then discovered Mr Jack and over the course of 2 trips I bought a couple of Swiss Movement watches (Tag Carrera and Brietling)...good watches but costing 10-12k THB. Subsequently having got to know Jack, he tells me that the Japanese movement watches are a good buy and I for one believe that the quality of strap and case is around the same as the more expensive watches. I have purchased 2 Japanese movement watches recently (3k THB each)...I am delighted with these cheaper watches.

I have noticed with the dearer ones, he will water pressure test these for you (they are waterproof)...the cheaper ones I wouldn't take in the shower.

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

Methos

What you say makes sense, and I can see why you feel that way. But, my experience was somewhat different. The first watch I bought from Jack was an Omega Planet Ocean for probably 2.5 - 3k. Later on that same trip I was in his shop and was curious about the swiss quality and the differences. He happened to have a swiss quality version of the exact same watch. Same model, colors, size, everything. The swiss had a sapphire crystal instead of mineral, higher beat 28.8 mov't (the sweep is smoother, doesn't stutter like a lower beat mov't), dual rubber gaskets around the crown (very obvious side by side when the crowns were pulled out), the font used was 'cleaner' and finish on the face was just cleaner and better looking. I can guess the gaskets on the crown are why he's willing to pressure test them. Those were the things I remembered, but I think he pointed out a few other things. Looking at them side by side you could easily pick which one was more likely authentic. Since then I've stuck with the swiss quality. 

I've gone swimming with several of them and not had an incident yet. 

jungle bug

I'd recommend saving for an actual Rolex on the secondary market that you can look out for a good deal. If you buy correct on re-sale market you can buy a Rolex that will preserve its value and even potentially increase with the Rolex inflation factor (they only make certain number of models each year and each year increase price of Rolex by a set inflation amount).

I can see the purpose of those who own a high end timepiece also getting a high grade copy if they want  the replica at times they would not want to risk their original but a replica is never replacement for an original. Only compliment if you own the original and have the replica to wear in more risky circumstances.

Also, if all goes tits up and your bankrupt your never a fully broke man as that Rolex timepiece will always have value. :GoldenSmile1:  Your replica will have virtually zero value.

Here is a great article on price increase of a Rolex from what natural inflation price should be to actual prices (ie in this example a Rolex Submariner is actually costing nearly 7 times what it should cost in comparison to normal inflation progression).

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/rolex-prices-past-60-years-revealing-analysis/

Rolex-Submariner-No-Date-Price-Increase-

Edited by jungle bug

LOTTELLEE WINNA

I'd recommend saving for an actual Rolex on the secondary market that you can look out for a good deal. If you buy correct on re-sale market you can buy a Rolex that will preserve its value and even potentially increase with the Rolex inflation factor (they only make certain number of models each year and each year increase price of Rolex by a set inflation amount).

I can see the purpose of those who own a high end timepiece also getting a high grade copy if they want  the replica at times they would not want to risk their original but a replica is never replacement for an original. Only compliment if you own the original and have the replica to wear in more risky circumstances.

Also, if all goes tits up and your bankrupt your never a fully broke man as that Rolex timepiece will always have value. :GoldenSmile1:  Your replica will have virtually zero value.

Here is a great article on price increase of a Rolex from what natural inflation price should be to actual prices (ie in this example a Rolex Submariner is actually costing nearly 7 times what it should cost in comparison to normal inflation progression).

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/rolex-prices-past-60-years-revealing-analysis/

Rolex-Submariner-No-Date-Price-Increase-

I am going to largely agree with you...but with a caveat.

My experience is exactly as per your graph. In 2001 or 02, I bought a new dateless sub from a UK jewler who happened to have a 10% sale on all stock and because I was buying other stuff (like a Mont Blanc pen), he increased the discount to 12.5%. This meant that I got the watch for just under 2,000GBP. I wore the watch for a few years and then about 5 years ago when I was moving to LoS I gave it to my brother for safe-keeping (he got a full Rolex service for it and locked it away).

Last year I went back to the UK and sold the watch...doubled my money - delighted, good result! As I am no longer the high flying company big-shot, I really didn't want the real Mcoy any more.

My caveat to your post is that a mate who is a jeweler says that subs of my vintage increased in value more than other watches, because they had an expensive 'makeover' around 10 years ago....apparently the old plastic bezel was replaced by a more expensive alternative...Rolex also upped the price of the watch markedly. Don't know if this is true, but that's what i was told.

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

robw

Nice time-piece mate  :ThumbUp6:r'd 

I want to get s Brietling Chronoliner in April,hope he's got them.

desertrat

I picked up a Breitling Chronomat copy from Mr. Jack two weeks ago. I paid 2,500 baht and I'm very pleased with it. In two weeks, it hasn't lost any time. I like the weight and look. Yes, there are easy to spot differences from the authentic, but for the price it is a good deal. Here is a comparison photo. Left side is authentic, right side is mine.

Chronomat Comparison2.jpg

Edited by desertrat

Moza

In mr jacks just now waiting while they water pressure test a Rolex Daytona I am picking up as a gift for my brother. Had in stock already in 2 different models and they look good to my uneducated eye.

manufan

In mr jacks just now waiting while they water pressure test a Rolex Daytona I am picking up as a gift for my brother. Had in stock already in 2 different models and they look good to my uneducated eye.

Any chance of a couple of photo's of your purchase? Please :GoldenSmile1:

Jack Frost

I will give my answers & opinions later.

Both level of watches are good for the money.

Jack at any level does not sell crap.

Shaygate

Since we are showing off our purchases, here is a Audemars Piguet Royal Oak. I paid 4500 baht which is the most I've paid for a copy but I love it, it's accurate only loosing a minute over a week or so.

DSC_0632.JPG

DSC_0635.JPG

DSC_0636.JPG

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Since we are showing off our purchases, here is a Audemars Piguet Royal Oak. I paid 4500 baht which is the most I've paid for a copy but I love it, it's accurate only loosing a minute over a week or so.

Stunning time-piece. Did Jack order it or did he have it in stock?

Shaygate

Stunning time-piece. Did Jack order it or did he have it in stock?

No he had it in stock, like always he wouldn't budge on price but I don't regret buying it.

Navychief(SS)

Nice watch. I just recently purchased a Rolex Submariner from him, or I should say the wife bought it for me as a gift. Beautiful watch auto winding, 3500 baht