IGNORED

Thailand food at home

Donny tom

What are you favorite easy dishes at home to remind you of your time in pattaya?

Made some pad thai and chicken skewers with chilli and pineapple!

On a side note what are on the actual skewers they sell on the stalls around (small ones)

Pad Krapow is my go to dish at home if missing Thai food...mostly because it's quick and easy...

Or pad pak boong fai dang for the same reasons

Would like to cook Pad kana moo krob more often but struggle to find the Chinese broccoli...

My favorite Thai Cook book is Andy Ricker's pok pok...he has some interesting YouTube video too...some with him cooking but mostly about his obsession/passion for Thai food

http://youtu.be/w_C5RthEPXY

For more complex dishes...I'll wimp out and order takeout...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hooray beer!

If you access to the fresh ingredients (lemon grass, galangal, kefir lime leaves) then tom yum is really easy to cook. With shrimp, chicken, or whatever. Before I lived here I often cooked tom yum, pad Thai, and pad krapow. 

I rarely cook at home nowadays but in the past i used to cook Gaeng Kiew Wan Gai (Green Curry Chicken) sometimes.

This is a YouTube channel that i follow. Her recipes doesn't seem too complicated.

www.youtube.com/user/PailinsKitchen/videos

I eat way too much pad kapow. Even grow my own basil at home now. Very simple to make and tastes great, using roughly this recipe: http://gourmetgreg.com/meat/pad-krapow-moo

I also eat some Thai instant noodles now and then or make curry.

I amuse friend and foe alike by making my own curry pastes. Well, and then usually make curry from them straight away, of course.

It's fun pounding the hell out of the ingredients in a mortar, and it doesn't take that long either once you've got the hang of it. Only thing is, people always complain that I make thing too spicy, no matter how much I tone down the chili part. Sissies.

Once I made laab moo without holding back too much (it still wasn't as spicy as any plain laab you get in Lao). And some of the friends still talk about that, guess they found it a bit scary.

I brought back some of the premade curry packages, but they never turn out that well. Same as my fried rice. Never tastes like it does in Asia. The pad krapow in my hometown is the best I have had anywhere. A family owned thai restaurant , and it is much different than in Thailand.

I hate to say this, but I am not a huge fan of Thai food. In fact I rarely eat it even in Thailand.

I know that's sacrilege to many, but everyone is entitled to their own.

But whenever I have that rare craving for something Thai (just for variety sake), I'll want to order pad thai somewhere.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Favorite thai dish is Larb Moo (Pork) eat it almost daily. I like to eat it before drinking because it doesn't make me feel bloated. Also love that it comes with fresh veggies.

uploadfromtaptalk1447474041902.jpg

Also like Tom Tad (Big Som Tum). I'm a fan of the thai version (no shrimp paste):

uploadfromtaptalk1447474139682.jpg

I order my food not too spicy.

I like most Isaan dishes as long as they aren't super pungent. Thai food in San Diego is usually a rip off.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Archived