IGNORED

Any Aussie booked flights through Bravofly or similar?

davidge

I've been checking for flights from Brisbane to London for next year (my sister & nephew fly over to stay with my parents so I can have a break) and Skyscanner show flights through Bravofly and similar companies. (GotoGate, Tripsta, BudgetAir, airtickets)

They all seem to be registered in Spain. They are $400-500 cheaper than Australian travel agents for the same flights with Singapore Air.

My sister usually books through her local FlightCentre store but they refuse to price match as these are not Australian companies.

Has anyone actually booked with any of these companies? The 4 or 5 cheapest on Skyscanner all seem to be the same sort of thing. Their websites say they are registered with IATA but I'm a bit dubious.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I have booked through the aussie based ones. But yes dubious bout bravofly.

Mate can I suggest they go to Coolangatta & fly Scoot to Singapore & look for a cheap deal Sing - London. Every Tuesday Scoot offer specials usually $179 Cool SNG one way Plus baggage. Just a thought

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Thanks, I'll have a look.

Trouble is my sister will only fly with 3 or 4 airlines!

Bloody unadventurous.

Tell her Scoot is the budget airline for SA, true!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Had a look at Scoot. For the dates could probably get return plus bags & meal for around $600.

If she was prepared to use Turkish with a fairly short stopover then could get get to LHR for a total of well under $2000 maybe $1600.

Singapore Air from BNE is around $2500.

Can't see her doing it though.

It does mean 2 stops but she's done that plenty of times when she insulted on only using BA so flew via MEL or SYD.

Bravofly and others usually have high costs for changes or cancellations plus airline fees. Plus very few people available for customer service.

If you buy your cheap tickets and travel information those dates you will rate them highly. Should for any reason you need to make changes you could end up hating them.

Replies below this seem to agree with what I've written here.

My concern is that you could pay your money and end up not having a valid booking or have some problem with the airline not recognising the ticket.

They are offering a fare that is over $500 less than the airline website or 'normal' travel agents.

When something sounds too good to be true it usually is!

I've used bravofly twice recently. No problem at all. They get cheap fares from the airlines, get their cut, and give you the flight. I don't pay baggage or meals or insurance. Cheap flights are just that.

I'm sure they want repeat custom, and skyscanner offer them, so should be ok.

different experience with Bravofly with me. tried booking flights all seems well put in your credit card details etc  then you get an email saying they will confirm in a week or so if i had the ticket. 

I need to plan a little and waiting a week to know if I had a ticket or not and possible start the search all over a again was not on. would not mind if they said this up front but no indication of this practise. 

trying to get hold of them or call them they were a nightmare and when I finally did get hold of them bunch of arrogant twats to deal with. never again. 

this was through skyscanner as well but seen dont think skyscanner vet the  suppliers as they only a comparison site. 

That's  just my experience from the UK

Bravofly & Edreams are the 2 worst dodgy 3rd party agents, in terms of number of complaints posted on the Trip Advisor Air Forum.  There are lliterally thousands & thousands of complaints about them

Neither offer actual live prices, so although they advertise cheap flights, you are often advised later after booking that you need to pay more as the price they have advertised is no longer available

Scyscanner allow these dodgy agents to pay to advertise on their website, but they are not responsible for what is offered .

Thanks.

There seem to be 4 or 5 of these companies appearing at the top of the Skyscanner searches.

Pain!

Annoying that flights from Brisbane to London are about 25-30% more expensive than basically the same flights in the other direction!

One of the (few) advantages of being in the UK.

Use Skyscanner to check flight prices & schedules, but don't  book through the links .  Book direct with the airline, not a 3rd party

Bravofly,   Edreams ,  BudgetAir,  Opodo,  Travel Trolly,  Cheapoair, FlightHub  are the worst but there are many many more.

Do a quick search on the TA Air Forum before booking with any 3rd party

When I'm booking my own flights I use the airline or one of a small number of agents. I'd rather pay a few pounds more than use anyone else,

The list has got shorter recently as West-East took 6 weeks to refund me after I had to cancel.

It's more difficult when I'm looking for flights FROM Australia for my Sister & nephew as I'm not so familiar with the agents.

This is the first time that companies such as Bravofly have shown up when I've searched from there.

Thanks.

There seem to be 4 or 5 of these companies appearing at the top of the Skyscanner searches.

Pain!

Annoying that flights from Brisbane to London are about 25-30% more expensive than basically the same flights in the other direction!

One of the (few) advantages of being in the UK.

most are ok and can vouch for most ie opodo etc my only bad experience was bravofly

what dates does you family want to fly I am have become  quite good at skyscanner and getting good prices always happy to help a fellow welshman and advise

They have to leave Brisbane on June 25 or 26.

I guess a day or two later would be OK but cuts down on the holiday.

They need to land in Brisbane July 24 at the latest so need to depart Heathrow July 22 - or maybe early July 23.

The longer the stay between these dates the better.

Singapore Air ideal as they have a flight that lands LHR 1530-ish. I'll probably be flying to TLOS with EVA or Thai to fit in with their flights.

Qantas, BA, Emirates OK. Not sure about anyone else as sister is very fussy!

One stop (unless it's a hop to Sydney or Melbourne) and no long waits between planes (under 5 hours?).

I've told my sister that there may be better fares on offer after Xmas. It's very early yet!

Ideally, looking for a fare close to AU$2000.

Thanks.

Brisbane company webjet seem to be beating everyone at the moment

Just be aware though that the owner was the guy who owned the failed airline air australia

Ive used them 5 times with no problems

Thanks.

I'll have a look.

As long as they are a 'proper' Australian travel agent then my sister can just go to her local FlightCentre and they'll price match.

She's happier booking through them - or direct with the airline.

I used them last week because jetstars site wasn't accepting my credit card. Site quoted 2200 baht. I tried a pattay travel agent, and was quoted 3200 baht. Haha. Went to sit at a bar on beach road, saw bravofly, 80 bucks, booked and no worries. Now you make me nervous, because I book cheapoair brisbane to mt isa in Jan.

Screenshot_2015-11-11-20-05-42.png

Screenshot_2015-11-11-20-05-42.png

I flying to Thailand at xmas and as the op has said I contemplated using bravo fly or one of the others, after reading all reports on these dodgy sites I decided to book with Emirates direct.... a few hundred dollars more but total piece of mind

Interestingly, I can get (reputable) UK Travel Agents to quote fares for flights from Brisbane.

Obviously, in £ sterling.

Using the online Visa exchange rate and adding the 2% Credit Card surcharge still leaves the fare 200-300 AU$ lower than Australian travel agents like Flight Centre.

Can't see any reason my sister can't book with the U.K. agents?

I've used Bravofly twice out of the uk no issues. Top of Travel Supermarket listings the 2 times I used. Assume its same crew

Archived