IGNORED

New 60 day single entry

az89

I've already established that we can get a 30 extension on the new 60 day single entry TV

My query is can we fly out after the 90 days to a neighbouring country stay a week or so and

obtain another 60 day single entry and extend again.

If so which countries could this be done at?

I've already established that we can get a 30 extension on the new 60 day single entry TV

My query is can we fly out after the 90 days to a neighbouring country stay a week or so and

As its not yet started its impossible for anyone to answer with knowledge.

Wait and see once its actually been introduced then everyone will have an idea at least.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Unless you have a passport full of tourist visas you can obtain an "old type" 60 day tourist visa from neighbouring countries - Cambodia, Laos and Malaysia. This may change after 13th November, who knows, Immigration probably don't even know yet, although I did read the new METV is only available in your country of residence.

Ingo67

Thank you

So at present we can get another 60 day visa in a neigbouring country having flown in shortly after a 60 day tv has expired?

Yes, but you must obtin the new 60 day visa in that country. IMHO you better off getting a double entry visa in your home country. The second 60 day visa goes into effect after your first 90 days are finished ( first 60 day visa plus 30 day extension).You can also get a 30 day extension on the second 60 day visa. That is the way it is in the US, and I suspect the same rules apply for the UK. Thus you get total of 180 days, but you must exit LOS when the first 90 days are up.

........................... IMHO you better off getting a double entry visa in your home country. .............................

I think you'll find that after Nov 13th there are no Double or Triple Entry TVs any more, only the 60 day or the new METV with all those qualifications.

OnTheEdge

That what I was thinking.

I do not really mind having a week trip somewhere after 90 days.

I think you'll find that after Nov 13th there are no Double or Triple Entry TVs any more, only the 60 day or the new METV with all those qualifications.

I just checked the website of the LA Thai Consulate. Strangely, it doesn't explain exactly what the METV does, even though it's discussed as going into effect on November 13.

I just checked the website of the LA Thai Consulate. Strangely, it doesn't explain exactly what the METV does, even though it's discussed as going into effect on November 13.

It's only just going live (it isn't Nov 13th yet lol).

So far the announcements seem to be consistent except that in neighbouring countries the money must be seeded for 6 months.

LA will no doubt catch up, but in the meantime try this one - http://royalthaiconsulateamsterdam.nl/index.php/en/last-news/87-multiple-entry-tourist-visa-metv-effective-from-13-november-2015

It's only just going live (it isn't Nov 13th yet lol).

So far the announcements seem to be consistent except that in neighbouring countries the money must be seeded for 6 months.

LA will no doubt catch up, but in the meantime try this one - http://royalthaiconsulateamsterdam.nl/index.php/en/last-news/87-multiple-entry-tourist-visa-metv-effective-from-13-november-2015OK,

OK, it looks like this means that you have six months to use either the 60 day visa or METV. However, if you get the METV, you still have to exit the country after the 60 days is up. However, I assume that you will still be able to get a 30 day extension, so exit after 90 days. Hence, you can get a total of six months for the 5000 baht fee.

However, the Dutch website says you need to show an employment letter. This suggests that the visa is only available for someone who will work in LOS, or does it mean employment in your own country? If so, what about retirees? Since it also says you need the equivalent of 200,000 baht, I assume this can be in your own Western bank in your own currency, though it isn't enterly clear. Can you still enter for 30 days without any visa?

Quite a few posts on TV are saying that many embassies/consulates are limiting the METV to Residents/citizens of that country.

...................., I assume that you will still be able to get a 30 day extension,.................

However, the Dutch website says you need to show an employment letter. This suggests that the visa is only available for someone who will work in LOS, or does it mean employment in your own country? If so, what about retirees? Since it also says you need the equivalent of 200,000 baht, I assume this can be in your own Western bank in your own currency, though it isn't enterly clear. Can you still enter for 30 days without any visa?

I don't think anyone knows yet whether the 60 day METV segments are extendible, or whether you will be able to do In/Out border runs to activate them continuously....they're said to be for tourists who want to travel around SEA.

Neither do we know what the policy on 60 day single entry TVs will be.

AFAIK they mean an Employment Letter for employment in your own country.

If you had employment here you'd be on a different program surely.

As you'd be applying in your own country I assume they mean 200k equivalent seeded there, but I don't see why here wouldn't be OK too.

Pensioner tourists is a good Q.

30 Visa Waiver is unaffected.

Quite a few posts on TV are saying that many embassies/consulates are limiting the METV to Residents/citizens of that country.

Yes, that is the big change. However SETVs will still be obtainable in Laos and other neighbouring countries.

Gbp 5k in your bank account, will deter some of the backpacker crowdIMG_20151112_223341.jpg

Gbp 5k in your bank account, will deter some of the backpacker crowd

I think having that amount sat in a current account idle for 6 months will put more than the backpackers off

I think having that amount sat in a current account idle for 6 months will put more than the backpackers off

True... But it's not been thought out...

Does it mean supplying 6 moths of bank statements?

The embassy in London is always super busy... Can't see then diligently checking bank statements..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Hopefully I can use one of these soon. For Americans only 700 usd in account for 6 months. No more multiple entry visas it looks like though.

True... But it's not been thought out...

Does it mean supplying 6 moths of bank statements?

The embassy in London is always super busy... Can't see then diligently checking bank statements..

http://thaiconsul.co.uk.xdeb.xps-ltd.com/news.php

According to the Hull website it is indeed all of your last 6 bank statements. I've also just noticed that to take the piss even more, for married couples, they need to have £5000 EACH in the bank for 6 months.

I've just had a good read through this thread >> http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/281200-getting-a-30-day-extension-on-a-tourist-visa-and-spend-3-hours/<< which has left me in a state of near panic of the thought of getting fucked around like they have just for an extra 30 days on their tourist visas. It really does look like they've followed through, not by actually closing any loopholes, but by fucking everybody about to the limits of their patience so they can't be arsed to put themselves through it any more.

The stories about ed visas getting rejected or problems along the way have put me off that route. I can't get a multi entry because I'm a degenerate gambler and don't want a 'proper' job that will give me a tax return as part of the application. And I don't have the patience to start jumping through all these new hoops just to extend my 60 days up to 90.

It was fun while it lasted I guess.....

Point taken.. But when I've been to the embassy I get the impression they're too busy to check details on the forms

Personally the limit won't be an issue I guess it's the Ed visa that's more abused (hello Soi6 bar mangers!) Than the tourist visa

As always with Thailand I'm guessing money talks and people will find a way round the new requirements

What if you have a lot of savings and do not work ?

5. States you must have a letter from your employer or

supply a self assessment form.

I am probably just going to do a single entry 60 / 30.

But what's stopping us flying somewhere for a week or so

to get another 60 day single entry and extending another 30?

What if you have a lot of savings and do not work ?

5. States you must have a letter from your employer or

supply a self assessment form.

I am probably just going to do a single entry 60 / 30.

But what's stopping us flying somewhere for a week or so

to get another 60 day single entry and extending another 30?

The requirement to prove employment is going  to be a problem for a lot of people, even those employed aren't likely to have an employer who will hold their job open for 6 months or more.

AFAWK there is nothing stopping you doing the repeat 60/30 routine, but it probably isn't what they want to happen, so we wait to hear the policy re' back to back TVs, In/Out border runs and whether the 30 day extensions are as now i.e. getting considerably tougher.

We don't know yet.

Yes, done it in HK.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Daryle

Gbp 5k in your bank account, will deter some of the backpacker crowdattachicon.gifIMG_20151112_223341.jpg

Thanks Asmodeus.

Looks tough.

Not sure what is satisfactory for point 7 (a photocopy of hotel reservation confirmation in Bangkok)?

Is a one day reservation satisfactory or is it for the total duration of stay?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived