IGNORED

Taxi Drivers~ Nams Best Taxi service.

stef74

A small plug~

but my question....

Nam drives more carefully and relaxed, but others drive at 140km/h +

I see many people complain with numbers, speeds and fear taxi drivers and quote numbers of 140km/h etc.

Im trying to understand this fear and numbers.

what speed do you drive on the highway?

I commute every Monday and friday, 450km, on highways which are probably 60% 2 lane, 40% 3 lane, where trucks frequently use all 3 lanes.

When its busy of course you speed is set by the other traffic, but when there is space, im up to cruising at 170 ish, and occasionally 200mark.

so im curious because I dont think 140 is fast for you is it?

Is it just because 'someone else' is driving?

bet you are not drinking lao khoa 40 degree whilst driving at 140 kmh  :GoldenSmile1:

the little m150 bottles do not always contain m150  :Think1:

bet you are not drinking lao khoa 40 degree whilst driving at 140 kmh :GoldenSmile1:

the little m150 bottles do not always contain m150 :Think1:

so its the 'someone else driving' and not the speed, for you.

the speed is not an issue it is the inebriated taxi drivers and selfish irresponsible idiots that bought their "" driving licenses "" for 200 bht from  some monkey in nakon nowhere  that then think they are not only qualified to drive but also the whole road belongs to them .  

there is a big difference driving at speed on an autobahn where people mostly  follow the rules of the road and driving in thailand where it is pretty much a fuckin free for all attitude that prevails . :GoldenSmile1:

the speed is not an issue it is the inebriated taxi drivers and selfish irresponsible idiots that bought their "" driving licenses "" for 200 bht from some monkey in nakon nowhere that then think they are not only qualified to drive but also the whole road belongs to them .

there is a big difference driving at speed on an autobahn where people mostly follow the rules of the road and driving in thailand where it is pretty much a fuckin free for all attitude that prevails . :GoldenSmile1:

ok, i was just curious because there are so many posts quoting numbers, usually around 140 and wondered if for some nationalities that was fast.

ok, i was just curious because there are so many posts quoting numbers, usually around 140 and wondered if for some nationalities that was fast.

Some of the taxi driver drive like fuckwits and have no idea and their cars are unroadworthy sometimes.

Also I don't know how much sleep they have had.

I don't really mind a driver going at high speeds. But I mind when, while driving at those speeds, he can't seem to stay in one lane for more than 10 seconds and/or consistently gets way too close to the car in front of us.

I commute every Monday and friday, 450km, on highways which are probably 60% 2 lane, 40% 3 lane, where trucks frequently use all 3 lanes.

When its busy of course you speed is set by the other traffic, but when there is space, im up to cruising at 170 ish, and occasionally 200mark.

In which country(s) are you driving in?

Is it just because 'someone else' is driving?

That is the exact reason. If I was driving I would be totally ok with it.

"Growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional"

:ILoveSex1:

In which country(s) are you driving in?

Around Europe.

I was curious if its the speed, or something else, probably the combination.

I've had taxi drivers that actually I was wishing they would move faster 55

which is another reason I wondered if it was what people were used to. even at where im driving im merely average driver, plenty are driving past me like im standing still.....

(mostly Audi's and Merc's)

as taxi drivers not bothered me at all, although admitedly I have many occasion used the airport limo company (forget their name) rather than taxi, but Its pretty much same as regular taxi's.

Stef, you have been here in LOS before.

You must by now have seen the difference between highway driving conditions on big European highways, where mostly disciplined drivers follow road rules, especially distance between vehicles relating to braking distance, and the rule about only overtaking on one side (right for UK, left for continent).

it is those two rules that do not apply in Thailand, in practice at least. And that is what gives Thailand one of the highest road toll rates in the world, combined with lax car maintenance, inadequate policing, drunkeness and amphetamine use, and lack of adequate driver training.

All these factors combined add to each other.

Now, if as on the Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya Expressway, the speed limit is 120kph, the fast lane will usually be around that speed if lucky. Any car going faster then that, will have to be weaving to make it faster, especially since many cars that do drive at the legal limit will stay on the righthand lane even if there is traffic behind them, arguing that they are doing the legal limit, and do not need to worry about anyone behind them who wants to break the law. That leads to the weaving, which, combined with the other factors, leads to so many accidents.

140 kph is a token number, indicating "substantially fasterr then the legal limit"

If in NZ I regularly drive 20 kph over the limit, I WILL be caught very soon by a speedtrap, and get a whopping fine, plus lose my licence after a few of these tickets. The chance if thst happening here is a lot less...

Sorry to get so pedantic...

I love my memories of speeding down a German Autobahn at 200 kph, in an open MGA Twin Cam, wind streaming through my hair, my cute blond 19 yr old GF at my side....

But here in LOS that would be suicide....

Archived