Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotels in March

getudachoppa

Hi everyone,

Had a question regarding how busy Pattaya is in March.  I've done a forum search and couldnt find the exact answer for my questions below.

I and a group of 5 guys will be down there spending several days in Bangkok before heading to Pattaya for a week.

Just wondering how busy it is in March.  I know that march is included in the high season but December/Jan seem to be the busiest times from what i gathered.

Some people recommend booking just 2 days and if I like the hotel, just extend the stay.  Is there plenty of space, such as the Areca or 24 7, that will have space to extend 5 rooms for 4 additional days?  Or is it mad busy and i should just book the whole stay at once?

Still deciding on which hotel to book and how early in advance I should book them for the best price.  Seems like a ton of options in Pattaya but dont want to be too far out of the excitement which requires alternate transportation.

Price range between $25-$40 USD would be great with wifi and a nice pool.

Cheers,

D

March can be the lul before the storm of songkran which is 2 weeks over mid April. which sort of ends the high season. its a nice time lots of guys come in to enjoy pattaya before the madness of songkran starts and with Easter been early next year it will be reasonably busy I would imagine. 

if you are only coming for a week I wouldn't fuck around changing hotels just do a bit of research in the forum and go for it.  very rarely will you get pissed off in a hotel for only 7 days if they have good reports here. 

I stayed in the areca for 3 weeks and found it quite good but I tend to use condo's these days. 

Pattaya is not that big and you can walk end to end in an hour.  SO dependant on the action where you want to be base your hotel around that. 

Soi 's 7 to 13 are pretty central and easy to get to everywhere and more importantly get back to. and just a quick walk to the beach rd. 

if you where staying longer like 3 weeks the 2 day approach would be ok. 

as you need 5 rooms I would book the full duration ...you could spend a lot of time searching suitable hotels to accommodate you all as a walk in..T T T gave good advice...

The popular hotels will be still be operating close to capacity for most of March (particularly Evergreen wing in areca). And to be clear March is not low season.

In my experience the difference tends to be that the popular hotels are long sold out for Xmas and new year by now. For March there tends to be alot more choice available until a week or two before travel. It really depends whats on and if you want a specific hotel. Especially around Pattaya music festival (March) it tends to be busy. There may be less Russians next year due to the economic situation (Pattaya is popular with Russians), but might be offset with how Easter falls. It's difficult to know really.

I suggest you book a refundable room now if you have a general idea of where you want to stay, cancel booking closer the time if it does not suit or you change your mind.

Hi Flipper House or Flipper Lodge, both good value, clean, pools and girl friendly.

Locations can't be better 7 & 8

Late breakfast til midday with great variety.

Try booking.com free cancellation just in case things go tits up.

Just booked again for April we've been several time never any problems.

Good luck keep clean

thanks for the advice.  We'll just book the whole duration.  Also, theres some amateur golf tourney beginning early march in patt.  Not sure how that affects the hotels.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Had a question regarding how busy Pattaya is in March.  I've done a forum search and couldnt find the exact answer for my questions below.

I and a group of 5 guys will be down there spending several days in Bangkok before heading to Pattaya for a week.

Just wondering how busy it is in March.  I know that march is included in the high season but December/Jan seem to be the busiest times from what i gathered.

Some people recommend booking just 2 days and if I like the hotel, just extend the stay.  Is there plenty of space, such as the Areca or 24 7, that will have space to extend 5 rooms for 4 additional days?  Or is it mad busy and i should just book the whole stay at once?

Still deciding on which hotel to book and how early in advance I should book them for the best price.  Seems like a ton of options in Pattaya but dont want to be too far out of the excitement which requires alternate transportation.

Price range between $25-$40 USD would be great with wifi and a nice pool.

Cheers,

D

Hey buddy, my place is less than a 5 minute walk from LK and I still have availabilities for March.

Have a look at my link.

Cheers

Alan.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

• 2 weeks later...

I would highly reccomend booking at least 3 days, this gives you first day to chill and relax, party second day and then third day to either extend or find new accomodation. March shouldn't be a problem space wise as most hotels will have availability even the better ones.

Makes sure you decide where to stay first, noone can be bothered by having to move from one side of the city to the other half way through their visit.

http://thailand-explored.com/where-to-stay-pattaya-city-thailand

Archived