IGNORED

what do you do with your pictures?

Cph

Since this forum is a little dead right now, I thought I would ask the BMs who likes to take pictures, what their 'workflow' is like.

I bring a DSLR (well now a Sony FF) so I guess I'm more invested than most people. I  like to shoot pictures of girls, the city and so on. I put a few pics on FB (not girl pics) and I just upload the rest to my computer and look at them from time to time.

My computer is a bit fucked though (too old now) So I have been thinking about just uploading 2 mb copies to my ipad and perhaps put them all on Instagram or a similar site. In some ways, whats the idea with just having 15.000 pics on your computer?

So how do you deal with your pictures? Do you put them in lightroom and edit them all, print small books, make Flickr galleries or? Are you very meticulous with sorting them?

Pussy always wins, it's undefeated

I keep sexy girl photos for myself because I usually promise the girl in question to keep them for myself and not share. Their purpose is just my own memory which I prefer over the "fuck and forget" mentality.

Like you, I mostly use a DSLR and my workflow is pretty simple - all my pictures are in two external drives and in Lightroom catalogues. Pretty easy to sort them and catalogue them this way as I tend to keyword them also. Some I upload to FB and the ones I really want to keep forever I upload original RAW files to flickr and set privacy to only me so it acts as an online backup.

9 people can't make a baby in one month

• 1 year later...

It is interesting to know what people who like taking photos do with the photos.

Sexy ones I keep to myself ofcourse or send to the girl involved sometimes.

The rest:

I have them in folders, by month.

I edit and upload the best ones to FB albums to share with friends. I look at them on FB more often than I do on my computer. I like to look back over nice photos of my past. Provides a feeling of continuity and value I think. Pride too maybe.

Recently I paid for a photobook. A printed landscape hard backed book of 40 pages. It was a lot of effort to make, but the result is pleasing. 2000+ baht though.

And I framed about 6 of the best photos for display in my room.

Fotos act as a kind of glue when in a relationship. Can look back and remember events and smiles, looks of the past together.

I used to use a paid flickr package but when they got taken over and made all the changes they did i stopped using it and stored them on external hard drives.  Recently I started looking at the cloud photo services and what they offer and after trying a few settled on SmugMug, not the cheapest but 3 weeks in its meeting everything i require of it (Tagging, keywords, folders, galleries etc). 

I've got over 60k photos... some I'll randomly post on Flickr but they're for me really and not anyone else. Maybe next trip I'll do a photo-TR and post here, but with all the white knight cunts I couldn't post girls faces. There are a fair few I think are good but I'll never really do anything with them, perhaps I should print a few out on canvas and hang them round the house.

There is so much trite detritus online nowadays that any good photos just get lost in the shitstorm!

interesting posts.

It's too bad there isn't some kind of online forum where we could share our pictures of thaigirls 555.

I use google photo for backup. Seems like an excellent service and it's free even for big files and they have a good app.

Pussy always wins, it's undefeated

Recently I paid for a photobook. A printed landscape hard backed book of 40 pages. It was a lot of effort to make, but the result is pleasing. 2000+ baht though.

That's interesting.

Was that in Pattaya?

Can you share the contact information. I would happily spend 2k Thb for a custom made photo book....sounds an absolute bargain.

Thanks.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I have mine on Google Photos, I use a micro 4/3 and do some editing in Picassa.  Don't spend too much time of post production.  I plan to try and take more this next trip...

Joker...

I put regularly the non girl pics on Facebook, to share with my friends. Girl pix, I'll print the best from each session on A4 size, sometimes bigger, and give to the girls, to send home the dressed ones for their children to see mum.

The best of the nudes, I put on closed group on this board, a few dozen trusted members in the form of a PM to multiple BM

I like to print the best nudes big, A2, but when I do, don't know what to do with them, can't put them on the wall.....

• 2 months later...

I keep mine on onedrive..

dont reall ylook at them much

will be nice to look at down the line when im an old man :GoldenSmile1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been keeping up with my old Nikon D90 in recent years, but back a few when I was more serious into photography, I'd import all the pictures into Lightroom using a external drive as to not clutter up my laptop's HD. From there, I'd make folders for each trip, and then another subfolder in each trip called "keepers". Those were the best shot of each grouping that best represents the framing I wanted (I tend to shoot at least 5 pictures of any shot). I'd then upload just the "keepers" onto the cloud for backup (Google Drive or Photos). That also gives me a means to share my best pics via link if I want. They're all otherwise locked to "Private" in the cloud. 

I tend to only review and reminisce with those "keeper" photos. I have hundreds, if not thousands of photos that didn't make the cut. My initial thought was to just erase those other photos, but with HD prices so cheap now, I just label the hard drive itself with a sticker (trip months/years) and toss it somewhere safe. 

Things have changed now though, as I use my cell phone for the majority of my casual pics. quality has improved to the point that I haven't even brought my D90 last couple trips. I haven't been feeling artsy recently, so the casual shooter in my phone is fine. 

Archived