IGNORED

Thai Sim Card!

Mattybee1

Hello all. 

Just wondering where i can get a thai sim card from as soon as i get to bangkok airport and which one would be the best to use. This will be the first time i've been to Thailand, so i'm not clued up about any of this.

Matt

You have the right section of the forum, just needed to look a few threads down the list...

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/271485-tourist-sim-packages-may-2015/

Service kiosks for the three main providers (AIS, DTAC, True) are in the Arrivals Hall at BKK.

As for which service is best, prices are practically the same for similar service packages.  I use DTAC and have never had a problem in Pattaya/Bangkok/Chiang Mai.

You have the right section of the forum, just needed to look a few threads down the list...

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/271485-tourist-sim-packages-may-2015/

Service kiosks for the three main providers (AIS, DTAC, True) are in the Arrivals Hall at BKK.

As for which service is best, prices are practically the same for similar service packages.  I use DTAC and have never had a problem in Pattaya/Bangkok/Chiang Mai.

Thanks Sick Water Buffalo

Hopefully all i need to do is put it in my phone without having to phone them up for settings etc etc 

All i need a sim for is for Internet really. I think the DTAC sim seems the best.

I wont be handing over an Iphone at the kiosk though as i don't have one. My phone is a Doogee Dagger DG550

All i need a sim for is for Internet really. I think the DTAC sim seems the best.

I wont be handing over an Iphone at the kiosk though as i don't have one. My phone is a Doogee Dagger DG550

Consider making any calls with Skype or WhatsApp. If you need to call a UK landline I believe Skype is 1.8p a minute.

Consider making any calls with Skype or WhatsApp. If you need to call a UK landline I believe Skype is 1.8p a minute.

Cheers Danny. I hope it dont take too long with the settings. Will piss me of if i can't get it to work

• 4 weeks later...

Last time I bought a true move sim card for my Samsung galaxy s5 she said it would last a month with all the juice I neede for my holiday etc. It lasted FIVE days so I done something wrong.

Next time I'm gonna try DTac I hear they have a kiosk at the airport is that so?

Next time I'm gonna try DTac I hear they have a kiosk at the airport is that so?

Do you reckon the DTAC sims would be just plug in and go. I wouldn't know what to if i needed to set up different settings for a different sim card

Do you reckon the DTAC sims would be just plug in and go. I wouldn't know what to if i needed to set up different settings for a different sim card

That's why you just hand over the phone to the customer service representatives at the kiosk. It's their job, they do it all day after all for phones arriving from all over the world, and will know what (if any) settings need to be 'set up'.  No need to over think it.

I can just go by my experiences (with an iPhone), they never had to do any re-setting, it's always been just an insert SIM, they make sure it's connected to the network and has the service plan I paid for enabled, and off I go within a few minutes.

That's why you just hand over the phone to the customer service representatives at the kiosk. It's their job, they do it all day after all for phones arriving from all over the world, and will know what (if any) settings need to be 'set up'.  No need to over think it.

I can just go by my experiences (with an iPhone), they never had to do any re-setting, it's always been just an insert SIM, they make sure it's connected to the network and has the service plan I paid for enabled, and off I go within a few minutes.

Correct. Just hand it over to them. They will put in the new sim card and make sure you are getting service. The only thing you may have to worry about is having an unlocked phone. At least that is a problem we have here with providers in the US. My phone (Verizon) was up and working in about 2 minutes. However, my buddy had a different provider (Sprint) which comes factory locked until paid in full. He paid 3500B for a phone he uses just for visiting Thailand. I believe 299B for the card and 1 week of internet service with 100B credit left over. Had great service pretty much everywhere. I'd suggest bringing along a small paper clip to reinsert your old sim if you need your phone working before you get home.

Thanks alot guys. Exactly wanted i wanted to know about the settings. My phone is a Doogee Dagger DG550. So it is an unlocked phone but hopefully it will be fine

I have had the same number for a few years, but I understand that if it's not registered it is void. I came back Feb of this year, will I need a new Sim??

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

However, my buddy had a different provider (Sprint) which comes factory locked until paid in full.

Sprint uses CDMA technology and has no SIM. So not good for Thailand.

I have had the same number for a few years, but I understand that if it's not registered it is void. I came back Feb of this year, will I need a new Sim??

I believe because of the SIM registration regulations that went into effect earlier this year (July/August), your number will almost certainly be void and reassigned by now.  :Dunno:  Sorry.

Thought as much.. cheers mate, need to transfer all my "take-away" numbers to the phone I guess!!! 

I believe because of the SIM registration regulations that went into effect earlier this year (July/August), your number will almost certainly be void and reassigned by now.   :Dunno:  Sorry.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all of the useful information, it is really appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Hi do anyone if it still possible to get a dtac sim card in 7/11?

Will they register it?

Vincent Law

Hi do anyone if it still possible to get a dtac sim card in 7/11?

Will they register it?

Yes, i had to do that this year because my other was no longer valid. Take your passport, job sorted.

Yes, i had to do that this year because my other was no longer valid. Take your passport, job sorted.

Thanks.

Vincent Law

Archived