Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Getting a 30 day extension on a tourist visa ... and spend 3 hours ...

jerry

Today went to Jomtien immigration with my Cambo girlfriend to get a 30 day extension on a single entry

60 day tourist visa . Remembered what's needed from the last time . All the paperwork already filled out ,

copies , pictures . Last time it was in and out in less than 10 minutes ... not this time ... 

Arrive 2.00pm ...

'no sir this form no good' ... 'well it's a TM7 and it's on your website so what's wrong with it' ? No answer . 

Filled out a few other (identical) TM7 forms and a new form stating where you have been/are staying .

This new form need to be accompanied by one of the following : 

1. copy book house

2. copy contract for rent

3. copy ID card of house owner . 

(according to the set of rules they hand out on a little paper ... 'you choose this choices just only one' 

(Whatever that means) .  

I guessed it meaned that one of these 3 things will do and as i'm the owner i give them a copy of my

passport (option number 3) and write down the address . 

'No sir , we need copy of book house too' ... 'my friend i only want a 30 day extension' ... i can walk into a

travel agency in Phnom Penh and get a 2 month tourist visa without even showing up myself but for a 30

day extension i need to fill out 7 forms , bring the book of my house , make 20 copies , sign every copy ,

have pictures and jump through hoops for hours ... 

As i just came from my lawyer with a book from a condo i'm selling i made a copy of that and filled out a few

new TM7 forms with this address on it . Expecting everything to be ok now i went back to the reception . 

Ok sir , you go upstairs ... 

Yes upstairs ... and what's upstairs ...? 'The transnational criminal data center' . Hand in all the forms there 

and wait , wait , wait ... 40 minutes later we're called to a desk to be interrogated . 'Who's the owner of this 

condo , what are you doing there , how long you stay there' ... these people have really lost it a bit . 

Well sweetheart as my name is in the blue book , guess who the owner is ... ? 

After asking the same questions for 4 times she finally put a stamp on the form and we're send back to the 

reception where we get orders to go to the copy shop for a third time to make more copies of the copies , 

sign them once more and finally receive a number to get in line for a 30 day extension . 

Wait here for another 45 minutes and finally just before 5.00pm we get our passports back and can make

our way home ... 

No more extensions for me . I rather drive my car to Cambodia , spend a few days there and get another

hassle free tourist visa for the same price instead of dealing with these clowns once more . 

And they still haven't got a clue why tourist numbers are going down ... 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF?? It is an extension on a tourist visa....lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

WTF?? It is an extension on a tourist visa....lol

obnoxious civil servants , jumped up bureaucrats and the army  ...... what  a fuckin horrible combination .

Seems to be something from after the bombing as last time 3 months ago i was in and out in 10 minutes . 

Seems to be something from after the bombing as last time 3 months ago i was in and out in 10 minutes . 

Yes but there has to be more to it. Most normal tourists (ie those who the scheme is aimed at) will not be able to source any of those documents. Was there any indication that they were differentiating normal tourists from those who appeared to be residing in Thailand?

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Yes but there has to be more to it. Most normal tourists (ie those who the scheme is aimed at) will not be able to source any of those documents. Was there any indication that they were differentiating normal tourists from those who appeared to be residing in Thailand?

Nope , hotel bookings , rental contracts for houses and condos it all had to be shown . 

It's supposed to be low season and i went in not to early but it still was very busy . With

these new set of rules in order i see a big mess coming up during the next months . 

The German guy that is helping the Thais out upstairs was complaining that he hadn't

had a moment of rest for the last 2 hours . People are already irritated by all the useless 

paperwork and the constantly changing rules , this will not really do any good . 

Like a potential bomber is going to immigration with all his info to get an extension ... 555 . 

Maybe some people look more trustfully than other ones .......my latest extension in September was done in not yet 10 minutes , only difference next day for taking the passport .....

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Today went to Jomtien immigration with my Cambo girlfriend to get a 30 day extension on a single entry

60 day tourist visa . Remembered what's needed from the last time . All the paperwork already filled out ,

copies , pictures . Last time it was in and out in less than 10 minutes ... not this time ... 

Arrive 2.00pm ...

'no sir this form no good' ... 'well it's a TM7 and it's on your website so what's wrong with it' ? No answer . 

Filled out a few other (identical) TM7 forms and a new form stating where you have been/are staying .

This new form need to be accompanied by one of the following : 

1. copy book house

2. copy contract for rent

3. copy ID card of house owner . 

(according to the set of rules they hand out on a little paper ... 'you choose this choices just only one' 

(Whatever that means) .  

I guessed it meaned that one of these 3 things will do and as i'm the owner i give them a copy of my

passport (option number 3) and write down the address . 

'No sir , we need copy of book house too' ... 'my friend i only want a 30 day extension' ... i can walk into a

travel agency in Phnom Penh and get a 2 month tourist visa without even showing up myself but for a 30

day extension i need to fill out 7 forms , bring the book of my house , make 20 copies , sign every copy ,

have pictures and jump through hoops for hours ... 

As i just came from my lawyer with a book from a condo i'm selling i made a copy of that and filled out a few

new TM7 forms with this address on it . Expecting everything to be ok now i went back to the reception . 

Ok sir , you go upstairs ... 

Yes upstairs ... and what's upstairs ...? 'The transnational criminal data center' . Hand in all the forms there 

and wait , wait , wait ... 40 minutes later we're called to a desk to be interrogated . 'Who's the owner of this 

condo , what are you doing there , how long you stay there' ... these people have really lost it a bit . 

Well sweetheart as my name is in the blue book , guess who the owner is ... ? 

After asking the same questions for 4 times she finally put a stamp on the form and we're send back to the 

reception where we get orders to go to the copy shop for a third time to make more copies of the copies , 

sign them once more and finally receive a number to get in line for a 30 day extension . 

Wait here for another 45 minutes and finally just before 5.00pm we get our passports back and can make

our way home ... 

No more extensions for me . I rather drive my car to Cambodia , spend a few days there and get another

hassle free tourist visa for the same price instead of dealing with these clowns once more . 

And they still haven't got a clue why tourist numbers are going down ... 

I guess you initially made the error to tell them you were the “owner” of the house.

I guess your company owns the house and the house book is in the name of the company, not in your name.

I guess you initially made the error to tell them you were the “owner” of the house.

I guess your company owns the house and the house book is in the name of the company, not in your name.

As stated in the OP i used the book of the condo and that's in my name . 

Maybe some people look more trustfully than other ones .......my latest extension in September was done in not yet 10 minutes , only difference next day for taking the passport .....

And did you had to go upstairs to be checked by the 'transnational criminal data center' ? If so it would be simply impossible to be in and out under 10 minutes . 

And before you start making 'funny comments' ... not only me but everyone had to go there with the right paperwork before it was possible to get in line for an 

extension . 

And did you had to go upstairs to be checked by the 'transnational criminal data center' ? If so it would be simply impossible to be in and out under 10 minutes . 

And before you start making 'funny comments' ... not only me but everyone had to go there with the right paperwork before it was possible to get in line for an 

extension . 

No I never went upstairs at immigration , just delivered my passport ,bankletter and affidavit, they asked address or drivers license and the copies needed ,which I gave and that was it , only surprise was the next day for taking my passport .and they gave me that little plastic number .

May I remind you that BM Edge went few weeks before me with same procedure passport only next day taking as surprise deal  ... :GoldenSmile1:

and   that was even closer after the BKK bombing ... :Think1: ,

But our extensions are the long ones , maybe we are like grandfathered   :GoldenSmile1:

PS; (had to make bite my tong not to make a funny remark about "A Darkside Hollander residing in Bangkok Hilton momentarily" in the combination ....as ... :WinkGrin1: ).

To add some balance to this thread, my post in Jerry's other thread, where he raised this issue again

.....................mine isn't a "Retirement Visa" , it's a "One Year Extension of Stay (Retirement)" which is an extension based on an O Visa, as you'll shortly find out i.e. you can't get one directly from a Tourist Visa.

As an extension, it requires completion of the same Form TM 7 you had difficulty with.

It isn't a new rule and I read about it several months ago on Thaivisa.
It occurred to me then that it could present a problem for me as I was living in a house in Thai Company name (the same as yours is) so although I could produce a Blue Book, it obviously wasn't in either my name or the Company name.
I pondered somehow 'manufacturing' a Rental Agreement in my favour, but that would have been with the Thai Company, of which I was MD, as my Landlord.
I really didn't want to do that, so instead I applied as early as possible (one month before) which left me enough time to consider my options if I ran into a problem.
In the event I didn't, as they once again accepted Utility Bills in my name. and I was out of there in 10 minutes.

I have since read the fuller version of your 'short fuse' (you are such a clown) encounter in another thread http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/281200-getting-a-30-day-extension-on-a-tourist-visa-and-spend-3-hours/?p=3326743 and I draw the following conclusions :-
1. Scummy was spot on in that you were already well and truly on their radar due to your long term misuse of the Visa system.
2. eanto was spot on in pointing out that you raised another red flag when you realised your (obvious) error in trying to use your Thai Company owned house papers and then switched addresses to a (now sold?) Condo'.

On balance, I think you were lucky to get an Extension at all and your idea of not applying for them any more until you get your Extension (Retirement) is probably your best bet.
However, you should be aware that they can ask you exactly the same Qs about your abode when you apply for that if they choose to, so perhaps you should ask your Lawyer if they could draw up a Lease of 'your' house to yourself and then you can pay yourself rent. 555
Another reason why I decided to get out of the Thai Company rigmarole.

As for the Immigration Office itself, having been there 3 times in the past 3 months I can honestly say it is more efficient and farang friendly than I have ever known it in the past 9 years.
The two girls on front desk are brilliant at stopping people with incorrect paperwork (you) from reaching the various counters inside and delaying those of us who get it right.
I haven't seen any farang helper in there since the English guy Barry Kenyon MBE retired.
Maybe they brought in a German especially for you.
  :hello09:

Yeah , imagine someone has had a different experience as Edge ... I was there , this is a report of what happened . 

- You haven't been upstairs to do part one of the new extension system (ON TOURIST VISAS) . 

- You haven't filled out the new form yet . 

- You haven't met the German guy . 

- You haven't even done an extension on a tourist visa in the last few months ... WHY ?

... let me tell you why ... you don't use tourist visas ... so again who's the clown here ?????? 

................... so again who's the clown here ?????? 

If you fcuk the forms up and behave as you say you do, then you are the clown and that's why you got sent upstairs naughty boy.   :hello09:

Yeah , imagine someone has had a different experience as Edge ... I was there , this is a report of what happened . 

- You haven't been upstairs to do part one of the new extension system (ON TOURIST VISAS) . 

- You haven't filled out the new form yet . 

- You haven't met the German guy . 

- You haven't even done an extension on a tourist visa in the last few months ... WHY ?

... let me tell you why ... you don't use tourist visas ... so again who's the clown here ?????? 

I'm with you Jerry . It gets tiresome hearing how people actually beleive everyone's experience with visa's and Thai immigration should be identical . Tunnel vision at it's worst.

Last year Jomtien immigration wouldn't issue me a retirement visa although they had done so the previous 2 years . I was forced to go to Bangkok immigration and waste 2 days . Of course when recounting the story in my local  I was told i was mistaken because Jomtien can issue retirement visa's .   Oh Fuck off . There was no misunderstanding when the fecal faggot on the front desk at Jomtien immigration told me I had to go to Bangkok .  The policy may have changed the following week but the day I went there we were directed to Bangkok yet people still insist I misunderstood or did something wrong . Fact is there can be quite a variety of expereinces depending on the officers(s) you deal with . To suggest peopel have a consistent experience with Thai immigration is just silly .

Should be interesting to see what they tell me this year when I need to renew . I was encouraged when I went to get my rentry permit and was greeted by 2 lovely young women on the front desk who were very helpful . The fecal faggot was still sitting there with that look on his face that he'd just sucked on a lemon but fortunately I didn't need to speak with him .

Hi Jerry.

There is an (old) law that every owner must declare to the Immigration under 24 hours any new foreigner who reside in his house/condo/hotel... hotels & Condo do that everyday online. Other people have a form to fill. This declaration is to do "upstairs" in Jomtien Immigration Soi 5.

About 1 year already that Immigration enforce this law strongly, and one way to check is to verify that anyone who come asking for an Extension has been declared at his address by the owner. From your story, I suspect this declaration has never been made for you.

Also there are strange things in your story. By example when you say "My name is in the blue book , guess who the owner is ... ?". The Blue Book of a condo can register only Thai people! Foreigners can't be register in a Blue Book. A special Yellow Book exists for them. I own my condo and only its address is written inside, not my name, and not any people name in fact.

One of the many points that bring you this special treatment IMHO. BTW on ThaiVisa people continue to inform that the Tourist Visa extension at Jomtien is very quick. ;)

Last year Jomtien immigration wouldn't issue me a retirement visa although they had done so the previous 2 years .

I was forced to go to Bangkok immigration and waste 2 days.

Yes, it was the standard procedure during a few months last year. Decision of Bangkok Immigration who found that it was way too easy to get a non-O in Jomtien (and also Phuket, Chiang Mai,...). Corruption and "Pattaya visa agencies" were unofficial reasons...

I think now you can get a non-O from Jomtien again, but there is a delay before you get the stamp as Jomtien still as too send your file to Bangkok for acceptance.

BTW, why do you need such visa several years? Usually people need one only and then use Extensions.

Should be interesting to see what they tell me this year when I need to renew .

I made my last Retirement Extension about 3 months ago. A few minutes as usual :)

I'm with you Jerry . It gets tiresome hearing how people actually beleive everyone's experience with visa's ..................

Except that I didn't say I don't believe him...of course I do, it's Short Fuse Jerry.

What I did was to try to explain that it isn't new and also the things he got wrong, like trying to use his Thai Company papers for his address.

As Oukiva has pointed out, of course the Blue Book doesn't have farang names in it and as he's also explained, of course there was a reason why lots of people trying to get from a Tourist Visas to O Visas were re-directed via Bangkok.

If your mates at your local had been following events then they would've know that....you too I suppose.   :hello09:  

Except that I didn't say I don't believe him...of course I do, it's Short Fuse Jerry.

What I did was to try to explain that it isn't new and also the things he got wrong, like trying to use his Thai Company papers for his address.

A Condo blue book isn't in farang name but it was accompanied by a copy of the chanut that has got my name on it . 

Should be enough to make them clear it's mine . Nothing to do with Thai company papers . 

'Short fuse Jerry' ... yep Jerry doesn't go so well with bureaucracy and corruption .  

A Condo blue book isn't in farang name but it was accompanied by a copy of the chanut that has got my name on it . 

Should be enough to make them clear it's mine . Nothing to do with Thai company papers . 

'Short fuse Jerry' ... yep Jerry doesn't go so well with bureaucracy and corruption .  

Yes I would hope that a Chanote in the applicant's name would be acceptable - that's my plan if I get sent upstairs.   :Moon2:

Correct, the reference to "Thai Company papers" was nothing to do with the Condo', but I understood you to say that you first tried to use your Thai Company owned house as your address and that's where the problems arose.......hence my other suggestion that you might need to grant yourself a lease agreement in future.

BTW - 'Short Fuse' was a name you gave yourself when you were slagging off officialdom before :BB_Fight: ....I think in Cambodia that time?  

I will go for a 30 days extension 16th this month so i better get there early if everybody have to go through this shiiiiiiite.

Life is nice :GoldenSmile1:

Crazy.....

Another confirmation  (from Thaivisa.com BM Posted 6 minutes ago) http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/867923-1-year-extension-based-on-retirement-at-jomtien-yesterday/#entry10038447

Just confirming this applies to the 30 day extension as well (Jomtien Office)

These are new rules just come into effect as stated by the officers.

Application form (extended application form)

Copies of all relevant passport pages

Copy of my house lease

Copy of my landlords Tabien Baan (House Book)  and ID card

Passport sized photograph.

Edited by BigT73, 4 minutes ago.

Another confirmation  (from Thaivisa.com BM Posted 6 minutes ago) http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/867923-1-year-extension-based-on-retirement-at-jomtien-yesterday/#entry10038447

Just confirming this applies to the 30 day extension as well (Jomtien Office)

These are new rules just come into effect as stated by the officers.

Application form (extended application form)

Copies of all relevant passport pages

Copy of my house lease

Copy of my landlords Tabien Baan (House Book)  and ID card

Passport sized photograph.

Edited by BigT73, 4 minutes ago.

Seems Jerry wasn't talking BS after all ... i was probably just one of the 'lucky' first ones that got confronted with these new rules . 

Seems J can not read complete ....., they did not go upstairs to .investigating guy's.... , only more documents to bring as before.... :Think1:  

Seems Jerry wasn't talking BS after all ... i was probably just one of the 'lucky' first ones that got confronted with these new rules . 

Archived