IGNORED

Convenience versus Cost

IWANEJ

I have booked a room at the Sunview place on Soi Buakhao for a cost of around 1100 THB per night inc taxes. My visit to LOS is in mid November and I was just checking alternatives before I settle my booking. Soi Buakhao is where I wanted to stay, being a really popular place at the moment. However I have found a much better hotel for around the same cost with increased facilities and a sea view. The only down side is its in North pattaya near dolphin roundabout. I stayed in this area last year and enjoyed it at the Peace resort, but ideally wanted to move nearer the action. Can anyone help me with my dilemma :22600584-Th:

hey buddy for me Soi Buakhao is the best place in pattaya for convenience, i have also stayed near the dolphin roundabout and i would choose Soi Buakhao any-time but this is just my humble opinion :) 

Go with your instinct, it's rarely wrong. On that basis Sunview place.

Go with your instinct, it's rarely wrong. On that basis Sunview place.

I like to use the songthaews and wouldn't want to travel south along beach road all the time as its too congested. Bua Khao is my preferred choice but can you put a price on a decent sea view?

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

?...but ideally wanted to move nearer the action. Can anyone help me with my dilemma :22600584-Th:

"Nearer the action" is vastly overrated - and comes with more inconveniences than it is worth. In a country and city where almost any destination is within $2-$3 dollars, choosing to be closer, versus in a much nicer place with sea view, is prioritizing wrong, imo.

Lk metro buckow is THE go to area. To stay, period!

Although I have stayed in some great hotels across the city, I like being around LK....I am a golfer and most of the golf bars are around LK area, so I can fall out of bed and get my transport to the golf. That said, Daffy's post is correct, it is easy to scoot around Patts - I remember staying in one of the Sabai hotels, just past Siam Siam (up towards Dolphin) and it was a decent spot to stay.

I like to be in the action area and for me it's Soi 6 so I stay at a hotel there then move out from there, I really like LK and it's just a Bhat bus ride away, I also like to explore new areas but I always return to the 6.

A SMART MONKEY IS A MONKEY THAT DOESN'T MONKEY WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY.

Staggering distance from the action wins every time for me.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

If your staying for a couple of weeks, split it up. That way you'll have a better idea for the future.  I've split it up in the past, by staying part of a trip in Jomtien. And on another trip stayed at a Sabai on Soi 1.   I also found that I much prefer the Buakhao area.

What's the choice for the place that has the sea view & better facilities?

Balance act for me convenience/cost/amenities.

Would hate to go home and say I had a great holiday but hotel was a bit too far from the action

Soi 2(Sabai Lodge area) to WS entrance and Beach road to 3rd road is my scope, somewhere in the middle is perfect

I would stay a couple of days at the new location first and see if you like the convenience.  If not, you can always switch. I think mid November is just the start of high season, so you should have no problem finding accommodations.

North end of Pattaya/Naklua can be a nuisance, especially at times when beach road is clogged with traffic. If you like Buakhao stay there.  

I'd stay on the good ol' "Boocow" where the action is. Are the "increased facilities" of the other place really worth the long baht bus ride every time you go out?

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

If your staying for a couple of weeks, split it up. That way you'll have a better idea for the future.  I've split it up in the past, by staying part of a trip in Jomtien. And on another trip stayed at a Sabai on Soi 1.   I also found that I much prefer the Buakhao area.

What's the choice for the place that has the sea view & better facilities?

The other hotel is bella villa metro, just off dolphin roundabout

Archived