IGNORED

How awkward would it be checking into a walking street hotel at 11pm on a saturday night in high season?

tobeornottobe

I'm considering staying in a hotel on Walking Street for my trip in January , my flight wont arrive in Bangkok until 8pm on a Saturday night so I probably wont get to Pattaya until around 10:30/11pm . Since its high season and at a busy time of day do you think I'm better off checking into a different hotel for my first night or 2?

Why would it be awkward? Check in, wash up and you'll be in action within 30 minutes max. But since traffic us closed its a pain hauling the luggage to the hotel but still worth the trouble. Have fun.

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

I assume you mean because at the time you arrive WS will be closed off to traffic , I stay at Soi 14 on WS and normally arrive at 11pm , but can get easy access to my hotel from Second Rd.

The taxi wont be able to drive you all the way to the hotel door, but as long as you know the hotel and can walk from Second road there should be no problem.

Yep really awkward someone walking around with a suitcase in holiday town Pattaya . 

Don't worry about futilities and enjoy your holiday . 

First few trips I lugged my suitcase through Soi Diamond at 11pm, and checked in while half-naked gogo girls got dressed all around me. It was a great way to start off the trip.

• 1 month later...

thats not awkward its brilliant, how happy and excited you going to be walking past everyone mate it will be the quickest you have ever gotten ready thats for sure!! 

Pack lite... not awkward...

Pack heavy, when you're trying to navigate the heat and the crowds and backstreets... just remember you did it to yourself...

How do people pack light if you are going for 2+ weeks .Do you buy clothes when you are there or just do laundry daily?

I'm considering staying in a hotel on walking street for my trip in January , my flight wont arrive in Bangkok until 8pm on a Saturday night so I probably wont get to Pattaya until around 10:30/11pm . Since its high season and at a busy time of day do you think I'm better off checking into a different hotel for my first night or 2?

Stay bangkok for a night?

How do people pack light if you are going for 2+ weeks .Do you buy clothes when you are there or just do laundry daily?

A bit of both.

The only actual issue is you carrying/dragging your luggage.

If your taking so much that you cant managed to move it on your own for a couple of hundred yards then your taking too much.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Are you bringing a monogamous girlfriend with you? Are you bringing an ungodly assortment of luggage? Not sure where the awkward part comes into the equation.

if you have a ton of luggage.... yeh awkward also if you don't know Walking Street that well or the surrounds soi's  it might be a problem finding it.  

but if you only have suitcase with wheels dont have any health issues walking should not be a problem to the hotel depending on which one ....depends on where you need to be be dropped off  .. which hotel is it ? 

It might be awkward if you don't have a booking but not as awkward as when you return to the hotel with your first LB.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Like the lads have said, work out which Soi from second rd gives easiest access and book a Pattaya based taxi so the driver knows where to go.

Archived