Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

VT6 (13th floor) 2-Bedroom Condo review/experience (WA Property)

Dr MA

This one:

http://www.viewtalay6.com/condos/13th-floor-vip-suite-153-sqm-ocean-front-hot-tube-balcony/

My mate and I prefer 2 bedroom places and this is the 2nd one that we stayed in.

A week ago we checked out of this place after a 4 night stay.

Here is an account of my experience that might help any of you who are thinking of staying here:

We found the apartment to be OK however the supporting service was not good.

Good service is valued by us and in this regard we will not stay here again.

On the first day, there was no hot water in one of the showers and unfortunately the place does not have any support available outside of office hours.

In addition to this, the soap racks in the shower was moldy and unsightly.  Really clumsy to rent out a place in this condition.

I emailed a John Whitney and the best he could offer was to send someone over the next day to take a look.

The following day the shower was repaired and the moldy soap and soap holders were removed.

With hot water and a clean shower, we decided to stay on.

The next issue that popped up was that there was no daily cleaning/servicing of the condo.

Its carried out ever 2nd day and can be requested at an additional cost of 500 baht.

Ok no problem – daily servicing is essential. We pay.

On the 3rd night, the rooms was serviced but not a single towel left in the condo.

We went out and bought 2 towels for 500 baht.

Strike 3 was my prearrangement with one of the staff members for a late check-out.

On our last day, we were asked to leave much earlier than we had planned for - We even had to amend our taxi reservation.

Certainly the final nail in the coffin was the attitude of a seemingly senior person there.

This arrogant thai lady was clearly not interested in exhibiting courtesy to a customer nor was she concerned about repeat business.

She claimed that the condo was booked even though I confirmed the previous day that there was no booking on our check out day..

Additional things to note:

The outside Jacuzzi does not work and probably has not worked in a long time.

The lounge sofa’s were in need of some serious cleaning.

We were forced into purchasing our own toilet paper.

The same agency W-Asiaproperty.com were kind enough to renovate the condo opposite to one we booked with them (apparently its going to be a 3 bed apartment).  Consequently we woke up every morning to the thunderous banging sounds of a condo being renovated – Clearly no concern for paying customers here.

“One of the very best holiday apartments in Pattaya”…. Hmmmn Far from our experience!

Our next visit we might go back to the 2 bed-room condo on the 14th floor.

At least the agency that manages this one is available 24 hours.

try this guy for your condo I use him all the time now as do my friends no fucking about when things need fixing ... he had both toilets replaced in my 2 bed condo when I mentioned they smelled within 24 hours.

but condo don't normally have daily cleaning like a hotel that is an optional extra from my experience normally which ever girl is staying does it anyway

mypattayastay.com

guys name is luca and is so on the ball  give him a go

One would hope they would up their game after this review but TIT .Do they want repeat high paying customers or just milch cows-no repeat ?

Sounds dreadful for the price -I am looking for something similar -a bad review like this, is a death knell-renter beware

It seems the place is way overpriced yet is still trying to draw in customers without letting them know the details - The assumption seems to be why spend money on the place - Individuals have a lot of other options

RESPONSE from W - ASIA

The room and all rooms are available for viewing anytime most are priced accordingly cheap rooms this size and this location are hard to find try the Hilton next door or a cheap box somewhere else

As far as the Indian customer who complained as so happens is the case with most of our Indian customers they "are always looking for something extra" and always want more than paid for ( just have a look at beach rd )

We provide fresh towels anytime as well as address any valid complaints as we did with this room.

Viewtalay 6 condominium building has many agents who rent condominiums and I will go so far as to say use honey or condo 6 or Dancewatchers they all offer fine service.

but we assure you we do our best to address all legitimate problems and as in any business have hiccups as said previously most are with the a particular nationality.

I never use forums because of exactly what happened here opinion over rules fact

Bad reviews may be a "death knell" however beware some may be just competitors using the forum

Just come in and see for your self .

One would hope they would up their game after this review but TIT .Do they want repeat high paying customers or just milch cows-no repeat ?

Sounds dreadful for the price -I am looking for something similar -a bad review like this, is a death knell-renter beware

We have loads of repeat customers no "milking the cow " we really want to be better all the time

We encourage you to stay with a competitor in the building but do stop by see me and say hello

If you stay with us please let us know of any problems we will do our best to fix. Thanks,

John

While I haven't rented the exact room in question, I have rented from this agency many times as well as others (honeys, vt6, Dancewatchers, etc).  I can say that this agency provides good rooms for the price. I haven't had any issues with them and anything I needed I was able to get by stopping in at their office on the bottom floor.

I think the OP here is expecting an actual hotel room instead of a Condo room.  I don't think there is any agency in view talay 6 that offers 24 hour support, so not sure what that complaint is all about.  Again, this isn't a hotel, it's a condo.

I myself dislike any room cleaning service as it gets in the way of my sleep habbits and I'm not really that messy so no real cleaning is needed.

guys name is luca and is so on the ball  give him a go

I'm 99.9% sure this is that same Gianluca that advertises on Airbnb. If correct then I would never book through him again. Cancelled on me last minute without any explanation, apology or offer of an alternative. You only treat me like shite once .....

I have used www.viewtalay6.com before and, as previously reported, I probably wouldn't use them again. As said before, I also think the OP is confusing renting a condo as the same as staying in a hotel

i think the indian outlet at the entrace in VT6 is open 24h, but even they do not have service people on standby all times

Personally find the tone of the reply from the agency enough to pass them by in favor of some of the others

i think the indian outlet at the entrace in VT6 is open 24h, but even they do not have service people on standby all times

Personally find the tone of the reply from the agency enough to pass them by in favor of some of the others

Very perceptive indeed.

RESPONSE from W - ASIA

The room and all rooms are available for viewing anytime most are priced accordingly cheap rooms this size and this location are hard to find try the hilton next door or a cheap box somewhere else

As far as the Indian customer who complained as so happens is the case with most of our Indian customers they "are always looking for something extra" and always want more than paid for ( just have a look at beach rd )

We provide fresh towels anytime as well as address any valid complaints as we did with this room.

Viewtalay 6 condominium building has many agents who rent condominiums and I will go so far as to say use honey or condo 6 or dancewatchers they all offer fine service.

but we assure you we do our best to address all legitimate problems and as in any business have hiccups as said previously most are with the a particular nationality.

I never use forums because of exactly what happened here opinion over rules fact

Bad reviews may be a "death knell" however beware some may be just competitors using the forum

I would suggest that you read the OP instead of playing nationality card .... Read it , line by line and respond if you want , he paid you the rent didn't he , he deserves to be served like any other nationality ..... Boy oh boy , after reading your response , no way , never ever would rent from you and will advise others not to ....

RESPONSE from W - ASIA

The room and all rooms are available for viewing anytime most are priced accordingly cheap rooms this size and this location are hard to find try the hilton next door or a cheap box somewhere else

Viewtalay 6 condominium building has many agents who rent condominiums and I will go so far as to say use honey or condo 6 or dancewatchers they all offer fine service.

I live 6,000 miles from Thailand, how would this be possible in advance of my holiday?

I am English and I start fights in bars and puke all over my mates while showing my backside

Never say Never

I cant believe this can be turned into an Indian thing.

So WTF has race got to do with anything???

I am a 3rd generation South African!

With that said, my review is an accurate account of my experience.

If i stay in VT6 again, i will use the agency that is open 24 hours (1st one on your left).

Also daily servicing is not unique to hotels.

And i'm an authentic Pattaya visitor and not a spiteful undercover competitior.

(I had the courtesy to email John Whitney the link to my post so that he could have a fair chance to respond)

Lastly,  "are always looking for something extra" is simply NOT true....Enough said.

As with any hearsay account, make up your own mind please.

Below is my email conversation with WA.

When he first used the race thing, i didnt even bother to acknowledge it.

As I said, make up your own mind...

Hi Jon

I am not sure what happened as I am on my way to the states ,I will double check on return 

I did see the sofa and I do agree it was very dirty it has been taken care of 

The hot water was checked and sorry it worked so not sure what happened there 

A few other issues in the room have also been fixed 

But as for the cleaning policy it is every two days 

And as far as staff are concerned that is something I stand by 

They act accordingly and not like happy happy buy me drink girls or Filipinos who are in fear of deportation.

I trust there judgement and again am sorry you had a bad experience but I am sure on average we have the best rooms of all the agents 

In the building.

That said Honey and condo 6 have nice rooms as well and perhaps in the future you may use them 

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 9, 2015, at 11:25 AM, "Jonathan (J)"  wrote:

I did ask to speak to you. The lady who sits immediately behind the front reception desk clearly expressed that she was in charge and there was no need to extend our conversation to you.

All the best with your business.

Kind Regards,

Jonathan

Sent: Friday, October 09, 2015 9:06 AM
To: )
Subject: Re: A review of “One of the very best holiday apartments in Pattaya”

Hi Jonny 

Real nice should have talked to me face to face I may have worked something out 

Seems same problem we have with all our Indian customers ????

But that said any of your concerns if valid will be addressed

And we will be sure to understand the higher then normal standards that the Indian people are accustomed to and expect as we do when visiting 

Sorry for your bad experience 

Sent from my iPhone

OP ,

I don't think you have to put email out here in public .... We think you were not treated fairly and accept you version of the story ...period .

Hopefully they will lose business then there eyes will open, with all of the construction taking place around the area there will be a lot better places to stay.

Absolute dickhead response from the agent. Rather than take responsibility plays a race card incorrectly to cover up their own shortcomings. Just this attitude, and the fact they think it's acceptable should be enough for anyone to think twice. Having hot water and mould free soap dishes are prerequisites for most guests, regardless of whether they're South Africans or Indian

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING, YOU WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING

babydollsaddict.gif

Absolute dickhead response from the agent. Rather than take responsibility plays a race card incorrectly to cover up their own shortcomings. Just this attitude, and the fact they think it's acceptable should be enough for anyone to think twice. Having hot water and mould free soap dishes are prerequisites for most guests, regardless of whether they're South Africans or Indian

not for geordies

Sent from my RIDGE 4G using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

We have loads of repeat customers no "milking the cow " we really want to be better all the time

We encourage you to stay with a competitor in the building but do stop by see me and say hello

If you stay with us please let us know of any problems we will do our best to fix. Thanks,

John

Thanks for the reply.The room does look great online  .Im not crossing you off my list yet :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not long ago stayed in this condo.

One word....superb.

Fantastic view from a huge wrap around balcony  ,great fittings ,excellent TVs and a Bose music speaker than was pumping.Large living area  

Comfortable beds,spacious main bedroom,2nd br adequateEnsuite to both with walk in showers with hot water that worked.Cleaning service (paid extra for daily) very efficient and competant.

Fast reliable wifi .Sufficient crockery /cutlery.Appliances all worked well 

Cons -as a smoker couldnt and didnt smoke in the room as requested (but would pay for extra cleaning if I could )

Someone doing renos on his condo next door but luck of the draw on that one

There shouldnt be a 13th floor in any hotel /condo -bad karma lol 

2 bedroom so I would expect as a matter of rote 4 towels per day and not have to request them ,but i did and was all good after then.

The safe should be bolted to the wall -its heavy duty and would need a trolley to carry it out but its possible .

Should be a deadbolt on the front door to lock on exiting the room for more security than the existing lock 

Clothes storage facilities ok but plastic pull out stack systems is cheap and gawdy in what shold be (and largely is ) a high end condo.More clothes hangers please!!

Who in their right mind would use the balcony swing -the BFs got the willies when I suggested boom boom on it :)

Should have a "how to "guide in the room wrt appliances /fans /lighting and local amenties eg a book to order take outs 

Would certainly stay there again but would want the safe bolted to the wall before I did  

• 2 months later...

I booked through CandoProperty and had a very good experience; very professional, good cleaning service, all around supportive.  Plus, very good WiFi.  After this, I've booked with them again for this coming May.  I like having a regular kitchen and a full size refrigerator, great for take out and left-overs.

Cheers,

Thomas

I have used WA a lot, I have stayed in 4 of their condos ranging from 2,000 to 6,000 a night. You have to remember you are renting a condo and it is not a hotel. I have a had a few small problems but if you go to the office and speak nicely with the staff or the owners they are more than happy to try and resolve issues. On the whole I don't think you can beat staying in vt6, when you weigh up the pro's and con's it still offers the best experience and value for money over the 4 and 5 star hotels.

I stayed in Sharkys condo last July, got an excellent rate and had no problems at all. The TV channels need upgrading to match the price level, if you need more towels you just drop in the office and the room was cleaned every other day - enough for me as I actually find it a hassle to have the cleaners come every day.

Archived