IGNORED

Hotel stone's throw from WS

Kane137

Hello. I'm terribly sorry to start another 'which hotel?' thread but it's my first trip in a couple of years so I'd like to get this right..

I've stayed around the LK area last few trips, and it's proved the wrong decision as I invariably end up on WS come night time. That of course then results in making my way back to LK at my 'expense', be that monetary or time - neither of which is particularly costly but I'm 'only' there for a week or so, so I'd like to be in the midst of 'the action', & it's nice to try something different. I pondered staying on 13/2 or thereabouts but that's still a good 15-minute walk from the top of WS.

I would like a guesthouse/hotel which provides the following:

* Literally 5-minutes walk from WS

* GF

* Safe box

* Private bathroom with hot water

* AC

* Fridge

* Balcony

All pretty standard stuff, with location & balcony being key. I am not fussed about: kitchenettes, lifts, WiFi reliability/speed, sofas, big TVs, TV channels, noise (within reason!), swimming pool/gym, breakfast/restaurant facilities. 

I am hoping to be in Patts by December 15 but unfortunately won't know my exact dates until about 2-weeks prior. Therefore I can't book a reservation now, which is a pain, as it runs the risk of missing out on the ideal place altogether, particularly as it'll be going in to peak season. I could risk making a booking now with hotel X for X dates but that could potentially cause various problems.

I have seen 'Jasmine Hotel' on Soi BJ which looks a great fit, with their 'superior' rooms at 950B coming in around my budget at ~1k. I recognise I'm limiting my options at 1k in high/peak season, so can stretch that a bit further if necessary.

I could easily get a guesthouse around Lengkee/Chaiyapoon way then walk/baht bus/MB taxi there/back via central/BR/2nd road etc. but I'd rather elude that effort this trip as the option of dipping in & out of my room at any hour right on WS is highly appealing.

Cheers!

Secrets soi 14 springs to mind.

but it will be high season and many hotels will be full if you have not booked and unless you get your dates sorted you will be paying top top dollar to get to thailand with whichever airline you choose.

once you get past the first week of december their fares rocket

Grand hotel on soi 14 or the new hotel on the same intersection, opposite Secrets.

................................................................................................................

Grand Hotel on soi 14 or the new hotel on the same intersection, opposite Secrets.

Thanks. Grand looks fab but a little out my price range. Secrets looks ideal!

secrets soi 14 springs to mind.but it will be high season and many hotels will be full if you have not booked and unless you get your dates sorted you will be paying top top dollar to get to thailand with whichever airline you choose.once you get past the first week of december their fares rocket

Ah I didn't mention I'll already be in Asia come then so I'll be hopping over via BKK.

Walking street guest house ?

I second this place great location and best rooms are only 990 but you being a member here would get 10% off very nice rooms

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

@lovelos2mutt

Mate i think the Swissfod reastaurant on Soi Diamond ticks all the boxes.

I have stayed there in march.Its literally 3 min walk from Walking Street,just oposite Windmill :GoldenSmile1:

Book through their website,you can get a room with balcony for as low as 700 baht or so.

You can read my review of this place here:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/249110-swiss-food-restaurant-and-hotel/?hl=%2Bswiss+%2Bfood

I stayed at the Jasmine hotel in january. Its a pretty basic hotel but the bed was comfy and the room was clean.

I was in one of the 900 baht rooms, so didn't have balcony, but as the room was on the side it was really quiet, and yet only 50m away from Walking Street.

I had only planned to stay there 3 days but stayed for three weeks. You can't beat the location for convenience.

Honey lodge opposite the entrance to ws,under went refurb about 18 months ago,the safe boxes may be behind reception, but apart from that has everything else your looking for,also has pool.Also as mentioned Secrets and the new one W14.and walking  st guesthouse or P72. 

the new hotel on the same intersection, opposite Secrets.

The name of this hotel escapes me…saw it here a week ago …looked good…anyone know the name?

I stayed in the WS area in March... towards the end of high season I believe. I stayed at Jasmine (very basic), Secrets (nicest out of all), Galaxy (a bit dated). I also checked out most of the hotels in and around that area. Most were very, very basic Thai style. Once you see the shower, you will know what I mean. Walking Street Guesthouse looked nice but they were full. A bit surprising because most of the other places still had rooms so I think it will be doubtful you will get a room there without reservation. Honey looked ok too and had a pool meanwhile none of the other places did. I will probably stay somewhere else next time (probably LK). Although in theory it was a great idea because I mostly go to the WS clubs and it's nice an convenient at night, I was bored out of my mind during the day. I would sleep late and then it would be too late to go to the crappy beach. I need a nice pool to relax by!

check out windy inn, its actaully on walkng street but top end near pier, so noise is at a minimul, brilliant all round

The name of this hotel escapes me…saw it here a week ago …looked good…anyone know the name?

W14.

i think it's part of the grand hotel nearby

I stay at the Jasmine but don't pay an extra 50 for balcony (nothing to see) or an extra 300 for the sea view. No pool or restaurant or GoGo now (not that what they used to have was any good, including the short-lived GoGo) but you can't beat the location and the staff are great.

Retired

I stay at the Jasmine but don't pay an extra 50 for balcony (nothing to see)

I do like my balconies, not for the view but just being able to sit out in the open air be that whilst having a beer & cigarette before heading out or nursing a hangover!

The Swiss Food hotel looked great. I contacted them; they replied back swiftly saying all their balcony rooms have have been reserved already :( They've offered the 'king suite 1' but no balcony from what I see.

Grand Hotel on soi 14 or the new hotel on the same intersection, opposite Secrets.

here u go........

oct 10 005 (Custom).JPG

here u go........

attachicon.gifoct 10 005 (Custom).JPG

not in his budget

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Hello. I'm terribly sorry to start another 'which hotel?' thread but it's my first trip in a couple of years so I'd like to get this right..

I've stayed around the LK area last few trips, and it's proved the wrong decision as I invariably end up on WS come night time. That of course then results in making my way back to LK at my 'expense', be that monetary or time - neither of which is particularly costly but I'm 'only' there for a week or so, so I'd like to be in the midst of 'the action', & it's nice to try something different. I pondered staying on 13/2 or thereabouts but that's still a good 15-minute walk from the top of WS.

I would like a guesthouse/hotel which provides the following:

* Literally 5-minutes walk from WS

* GF

* Safe box

* Private bathroom with hot water

* AC

* Fridge

* Balcony

All pretty standard stuff, with location & balcony being key. I am not fussed about: kitchenettes, lifts, WiFi reliability/speed, sofas, big TVs, TV channels, noise (within reason!), swimming pool/gym, breakfast/restaurant facilities. 

I am hoping to be in Patts by December 15 but unfortunately won't know my exact dates until about 2-weeks prior. Therefore I can't book a reservation now, which is a pain, as it runs the risk of missing out on the ideal place altogether, particularly as it'll be going in to peak season. I could risk making a booking now with hotel X for X dates but that could potentially cause various problems.

I have seen 'Jasmine Hotel' on Soi BJ which looks a great fit, with their 'superior' rooms at 950B coming in around my budget at ~1k. I recognise I'm limiting my options at 1k in high/peak season, so can stretch that a bit further if necessary.

I could easily get a guesthouse around Lengkee/Chaiyapoon way then walk/baht bus/MB taxi there/back via central/BR/2nd road etc. but I'd rather elude that effort this trip as the option of dipping in & out of my room at any hour right on WS is highly appealing.

Cheers!

Well written post Bobby. I generally stay around LK area but after reading your post I'm seriously thinking of relocating near WS.

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

Jasmine is good. But since my first stay there in 2007 they are still using the same blue blankets on the beds. More fag burns in them than a block of swiss cheese.

Oh, and dont lean on the sink when you shave there or this happens.

Jasmine.jpg

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

P72 has been on Walking st. for decades..No nothing of the place but, if its been there that long it must have something going for it !

how much did that mishap cost?

Bugger all. I have probably racked up about 150 nights in there over the past several years.

I actually came to my room one day to find the door smashed off the hinges and everything "gone". It turned out the deadbolt seized up and they decided to break the door down. They moved all of my stuff to a new room and put all of my things away. My buddies decided to have some fun with me and lead me on that there was a break in, but they old held up that front for a few mins.

I have been through the construction of the lift (noise of jackhammers too early) the removal of the "gogo" to the installation of the "pool" (where the gogo used to be) to many other events in there. The staff has always been good and the rooms have always been clean.

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

Archived