Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

VT6 rental: Comparison between Honeys and Dancewatchers

izzyg

I have rented a few times in View Talay 6 from both Honeys and Dancewatchers. In this post I will list my experiences.

Better with Dancewatchers

• General higher standard in the condo. Less worn, higher quality fittings, fresher bathroom and larger more powerful AC.
  • Better pictures on the booking site. Honeys have small, grainy and out-of-focus pictures.
  • Better TV channels. Honeys have that "hotel cable" with bad picture quality and mostly crap channels.
  • Cleaning equipment in condo. I like to have the option to do basic cleaning myself.
  • Lots of towels and extra sheets. Honeys only give two towels and no extra sheets.

Better with Honeys

• Cheaper. I say on average 10% cheaper than DW.
  • Flexible cleaning. I hate to be awaken by the cleaning staff. Honeys could arrange room cleaning at 4pm. DW could not do cleaning later than 1pm. If you want extra cleaning it is just to go down to office and ask for it.
  • Easier to search for available condos on the website. DW have one of the most user-unfriendly websites ever.
  • Office on site. If there is any problem just go down to the office. If you lose your key and phone you will definitely appreciate the office.

IMHO: Honey (and her staff) knock the socks of DW anytime. If you want more towel and sheets, simply ask. In fact, if you want anything, just ask and if doable, it will be done.

If you in Patts to look television, well .... U2Y

From checking prices on website and initial communication I would say Honey's a lot more than 10% cheaper. Closer to 30%.

It may be DW Condos are that much better? I don't know.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

If you in Patts to look television, well .... U2Y

Hangover is best cured with Discovery channel. ;)

I've only stayed with DW, had good luck but booked very much in advance. I was sad to learn that he no longer had the 3 or 4 rooms on floor 16 Where I had previously stayed. They were a bit cheaper but there were apparently issues with the new owner.

I find Honey's price list impossible to work out TBH, far from user friendly. Maybe I'm just an idiot.

Found DW's really easy to work out.

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I stayed on the 22nd floor last April via DW's

I took the VIP cleaning option (daily, except for weekends) and asked them to come at 2pm, which Gai and the girls did, as I would most likely be out for some lunch around then.

Agree regarding the towels and sheets.

At least a dozen towels and half a dozen hand towels are supplied and topped up each day (in all 3 apartments I have had in the last 2-3 years)

Not sure how many sheets etc as the cleaners would change them daily for me.

I don't have any issue with their website.

Each apartment has its own page with plenty of photos.

You can check the calendar for availability and the prices (low and high) season are there with different prices depending on length of stay.

I haven't used Honey's yet (other than the coffee shop 555!) but the site looks OK.

On the trail of the pink pussy
Don't sweat the petty things. Just pet the sweaty things!

TRs
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Pattaya        http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Cambodia     http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Bangkok       http://www.bangkok-a...uldoon-will-go/

I stayed with Honey's in June and was very happy with the room and service.

Even finding out which rooms were available for my dates was more easily done through Honey's website. On the Dancewatchers website, I have to click on every room's calendar to get the availability. But Dancewatchers has better pictures on their website.

I stayed with Honey's in June and was very happy with the room and service.

Even finding out which rooms were available for my dates was more easily done through Honey's website. On the Dancewatchers website, I have to click on every room's calendar to get the availability. But Dancewatchers has better pictures on their website.

I just had another look at Honey's, yeah seems easy to check availability with the search function, but working out the room rates is a struggle for me. DW's seems a lot easier in that regard.

Cheers

"Honey" owns her business and can hence take executive decisions - and she is quite good at being dynamic, having a good sense of business and seeing a value in happy repeat customers.

Dancewatchers appears to be owned by some guy in the UK. The staff is not empowered to take executive decisions, almost no matter how small.

This alone leads to a win for Honeys.

In general I agree with OP:izzyg's comments, I tend to think that Dancewatchers are better for longer stays on independent basis I.E. not using maid service. Having used both, it seems to me that Dancewatchers condos are more uniformly equipped, each with their own set of quality towels/bed linen and crockery/cutlery whereas Honeys appears to use a shared pool system of stuff generally of lower quality. There also seems to be a greater variability in condos with Honeys; first great, second a bit tired and worn out with cutlery consisting of only 20-40 plastic forks.

In terms of service I find both are well run and offer efficient reliable service and would recommend both, primary the choice between the two, for me, would depend on the rooms available and the length of stay.

"Honey" owns her business and can hence take executive decisions - and she is quite good at being dynamic, having a good sense of business and seeing a value in happy repeat customers.

Dancewatchers appears to be owned by some guy in the UK. The staff is not empowered to take executive decisions, almost no matter how small.

Tik is Thai and her husband is Canadian and also a BM on here 

Not sure where you get that from, my understanding is it's owned by a Canadian and his wife. Stand to be corrected.

I just stayed a month in VT2 with DW and had a hassle free experience from start to finish. Can't compare to Honey's as I haven't used them.

Cheers

Used Honey's and found her to be very flexible. She will do what ever she can to make your stay comfortable (Except ST or LT). I also enjoyed their coffee.

"I like my Dessert first" :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1:

Honey's pricing really is not hard to figure. It varies based on your length of stay....the longer you stay , the lower your daily rate is.

Different units will be different prices because they are owned by different people. If you know your dates of stay , plug in those dates , search for a unit , then click "book now" and it will give you the price. By clicking you are not making a purchase. if you stay a month or longer , generally you will pay electric and water, less than a month is included.

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

Both are great to work with if you just send them an email with your wishes, both will reply fast with good info

In the end the availability to go to the office of honey is for me the thing that makes the difference

Honeys Experience~

Perfect~

Just ask, she does her best, she gives 100% effort to satisfy customers.

• 2 months later...

I have used Condo6, Dancewatchers and Honey.  I would rate them quality wise in that order BUT expensive in that order as well. Alex from Condo 6 (farang female) was always very quick with emails but was very curt last time when I tried for a discount, suggesting I stay elsewhre if I couldn't afford it :)  so I used Honey's.  I have used Dancewatchers for VT5 in Jomtien previously.

The room was quite run down with Honey's, 2 electrical fittings were just hanging out of the wall etc.I have booked again in March with Honey's so this time I hope the room's a little nicer, took a punt and booked WS side up on 24th floor so hopefully no construction has started (wasn't any when I was there is September) when I am there in March, testicles crossed !

• 2 weeks later...

I booked through CandoProperty and had a very good experience; very professional, good cleaning service, all around supportive.  Plus, very good WiFi.  After this, I've booked with them again for this coming May.  I like having a regular kitchen and a full size refrigerator, great for take out and left-overs.  Had a small maintenance issue with AC, turned out to be the filter and they took care of it right away.

Cheers,

Thomas

I do have experience with Honeys and Dancewatcher. 

I like that the Office from Honeys is in the building. You have a problem, you go down, tell them and usually in a very short time its fixed. What I did not like is the quality of linen used for your bedding. It is going from good quality to very bad syntetic quality with holes and stains on it. Rooms I had where not the same standard as Dancewatcher, but still good. Price is cheaper then Dancewatcher.

All rooms I had from Dancewatcher where good quality with high quality linnen in the bed, clean too. If you have a Problem, they fix it fast, but you never know when the Guy to fix it will turn up, something I do not like, but there is always the do not disturb sign to use if you do a short nap or a shorttime. 

I will use them both again in future.

Archived