IGNORED

Need help with Bell Transport drop-off location

atticusblue

My hotel in Pattaya is Diana Oasis Estates on soi Buakhao.  It is not listed on Bell Transport's hotel drop-down menu.  I sent e-mail to Bell Transport but it's getting close to my departure date so don't know if they will reply in time.   What hotels are closest to Diana Oasis?    Thanks.

They will drop you off at your hotel via mini van.  The list of hotels are their pick up points when going to the airport.

It's been almost a year since I've used them, so things may have changed, but it's been that way for a long time.

I see the new disclaimer on the website. Perhaps things have changed. Hopefully a recent arrival will be able to give you up to date info.

Also, There will always be Baht busses at the terminal. You can have one of them take you to your hotel.

When you get to the airport,tell the girl on the Bell service desk where you are going. She will pass the information on,and the minibus drivers should be prepared and aware of where you are going when you arrive at the bus station.

When you get to the bus station,ensure you get on the correct minibus,ensure also they put your luggage in the correct minibus.

Don't sweat too much if they don't reply to your emails.Just follow the procedure above,and if in doubt tell the girl it's near Chaba Hut.

The system looks slightly chaotic to the untrained eye,but you will be fine.

When you get to the airport,tell the girl on the Bell service desk where you are going. She will pass the information on,and the minibus drivers should be prepared and aware of where you are going when you arrive at the bus station.

When you get to the bus station,ensure you get on the correct minibus,ensure also they put your luggage in the correct minibus.

Don't sweat too much if they don't reply to your emails.Just follow the procedure above,and if in doubt tell the girl it's near Chaba Hut.

The system looks slightly chaotic to the untrained eye,but you will be fine.

Bang on

I changed my hotel but forgot to inform them. I told the fella at the desk he scrubbed off my previous hotel and wrote the new on. When we got to Pattaya the van took me to my hotel. He had phoned ahead with the change!

With minimal; luggage, I highly recommend them.

edit: minimal luggage and/or smaller budget

Sawasdee Siam - Soi Buahkhao is probably 30m away on the opposite side of the road.

You're misreading his question guys.

What he is saying is that his hotel isn't on the drop down list for drop off. This is not unusual. They don't have every hotel/guesthouse/condo in their database.

If he can find a hotel that is on Bells list that is close to Diana Estates then he can complete the booking.

Just put Chaba Hut mate!

They will drop you off at your hotel via mini van. The list of hotels are their pick up points when going to the airport.

It's been almost a year since I've used them, so things may have changed, but it's been that way for a long time.

I see the new disclaimer on the website. Perhaps things have changed. Hopefully a recent arrival will be able to give you up to date info.

Also, There will always be Baht busses at the terminal. You can have one of them take you to your hotel.

Your last paragraph there is unnecessary SlowlyMan.

If someone is taking the Bell bus,he has no need to be looking for Baht bus.

You edited your post to include that bit,and though I recognize you are being helpful,possibly you could have left that bit out as it has potential to confuse newbies..

Cheers.

Thanks for all your prompt suggestions.  FYI, matrix 123 is  correct.  His advice worked at the website.  Saved me a lot of sweat.   

Guys, what's with the "I didn't really read the question, but I will still write some random shit that's vaguely related" responses? I will take it you're all drunk, being Saturday and all.

Standard operating procedure where Bell is concerned is to look under "Others" when you can't find your guesthouse. And if it's not even in that list, then choose somewhere nearby.

Not sure if this will have any practical effects for members of  Pattaya Addicts, but Bell has announced it will no longer pick up customers at hotels unless they are registered guests. I have a hard time believing Bell will check with the hotels to make sure everyone who books the Bell service online is actually a guest at that hotel. It would involve a lot of work for very little return. But for your information:

Capture.GIF

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

I think Bell may not want to do it but the hotels force them to do it. I doubt Bell will call the hotels to check.

I have seen backpackers walked into a 5 star hotel. Drinking their soda which they bought from 7-11 in the hotel lobby and wait for the Bell bus. hotel lobby is a semi-public area. It is hard for the security to kick them out. I guess the 5 star hotel find a way to avoid this happen. When Bell bus' mini van show up, check the names. If the names are not their registered guests, sorry, turn around and leave!

I think Bell may not want to do it but the hotels force them to do it. I doubt Bell will call the hotels to check.

I have seen backpackers walked into a 5 star hotel. Drinking their soda which they bought from 7-11 in the hotel lobby and wait for the Bell bus. Hotel lobby is a semi-public area. It is hard for the security to kick them out. I guess the 5 star hotel find a way to avoid this happen. When Bell bus' mini van show up, check the names. If the names are not their registered guests, sorry, turn around and leave!

and why would the backpackers wait in 3/4/5 star lobbies? Seems to be too much of a hassle for no obvious motive.

Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?"
Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!"
Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

and why would the backpackers wait in 3/4/5 star lobbies? Seems to be too much of a hassle for no obvious motive.

Backpackers stayed in 20 USD guesthouse. No complimentary late check out and no afternoon tea. If their flight is late at night or early evening. How to spend their time when they checked out from the GH at noon? One way is to spend time in Garden Plaza or Central Festival. They have air conditioning. Do some window shopping. Have lunch in Mcdonald's or Burger King. They could even watch a movie in Central Festival. When it is about time, take a minute or two to walk to Hilton or Marriott to take the Bell bus. Does it make sense to you?

I'll be interested in the OP's outcome with this as i am staying in the exact same place in march at diana oasis and was thinking of catching the bell bus.

When you go home just do what I did. Go to the Pattaya bus station. Try Bell travel first for your ride before you try the usual buses. I walked in there and was told I could get on the next bus no problems. They had a bunch of spare seats. Two hours later I made it to my Bangkok hotel.

Same thing when you get to the desk in the airport would work. They can work it out. They want your money after all.

Archived