IGNORED

TMobile in Thailand

jkarmo41

why not just buy a local sim card, ifs its only data you want..

DTAC or TRUE  are pretty fast

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

why not just buy a local sim card, ifs its only data you want..

DTAC or TRUE  are pretty fast

Because buying a local sim card cost extra.  T-Mobile unlimited international roaming data is free.

http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/simple-choice-international-plan-countries.html

• 4 weeks later...

Had a mate that used it here for nearly 3 months and swore by it..

Kurt

--- Is it in yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Because buying a local sim card cost extra.  T-Mobile unlimited international roaming data is free.

http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/simple-choice-international-plan-countries.html

True, and also you still have your local number if people back home want to call you (not that you'll want to pick up). 

OP: Speeds are like Edge, if you can remember those times. Emails, text, and basic alpha numeric data like calendar details are fine. Forget about video, cloud storage, or heavy social media. There are options to buy temporary 3G speeds on your Tmobile plan, if you must have your local home number AND 3G speeds, but a local sim and a redirect to a VoIP number might make more sense at that point. The bottom line is that it does work, it is slow, but it is free. You'll get a "Welcome to XXXX Country" text message detailing your free service when you turn on your phone. I've also used it in Hong Kong and Korea with the same results.

I love it.. Just keep in mind that it is edge speed so surfing and Facebook is out. I mostly use it for email, chatting, GPS and for calling home. Paying extra for 4G is not worth it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Workes fine for me too, I travel overseas 4-5 times a year to 3 continents.

Thailand was most convient because was good for a year, never had to get a new one, other countries I would have to get a new sim every time I hit the ground, pain in the ass.

I have not had to get another sim anywhere since T-mobile started this plan almost 2 years ago.

Over the air a bit slow but fine for maps, gps, emails, whatsapp etc.

If I needed to do anything data intensive, I'll be somewhere with wifi.

I love being the only one at a dinner table abroad not handing my phone to the waiter asking him to type in wifi code.

T-mobile free international roaming is awesome in countries like Japan where getting a SIM is an expensive hassle.  But SIM cards are so cheap and easy to get in Thailand that I'd rather just pay a little bit and get fast speeds.

One really nice thing is that if you're on Wifi and the Wifi-calling kicks in(you'll see it when the carrier changes to "T-mobile Wi-fi" instead of whichever Thai carrier it roamed to), then you can make free calls to the US just like you were dialing from home.

Im going to try this this time in 2 weeks..So how do your in-calls contact you?

Whats ap or line ?

I take out the tmovile SIM when I get to Thailand and get the AIS turist SIM 7 day plan for 300baht, it work pretty well, I was using my Google number to call the states whenever I wanted, plus AIS also have longer data plans.

Sent from my G5 using Tapatalk

:Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1::Grin_Jump1:

• 3 weeks later...

I've used my t-mobile plan outside of the U.S. many times.  It's great to just turn it on when you land and have service.... It's not always lightning speed, but it's great for most times you need to check email, messages, etc... and some light browsing...

Archived