IGNORED

BKK hours and amazon/e-bay SIMs

Keiser777

2 questions:

1- the cell phone/SIM stores at Airport, are they open 24/7? (I'm arriving 6:30 am).

2- amazon, etc are selling these "pre-paid tourist" SIMs, perhaps with some $5-7,- profit (which I wouldn't mind); however, with the new ID regulations, how they can sell? or before using/activation I have to go to a cellphone store anyways? The whole point would be to pay those $5-7 more, to avoid the trip to airport cellphone store.

Yes, the mobile provider kiosks in the Arrivals hall at BKK are open 24/7.

Best and easiest to buy a SIM upon arrival and show your passport at the kiosk to register upon purchase.

As you say, under the new regulations it's probable that if you purchased the SIM online, you'd have to stop at the store anyway to activate prior to use.

It's no problem to purchase and activate the SIM at the provider kiosk, literally only takes a couple of minutes once you get to the counter.

Sometimes there is a line, sometimes not, just depends on when you get there.  :Dunno:

Yes, the mobile provider kiosks in the Arrivals hall at BKK are open 24/7.

Best and easiest to buy a SIM upon arrival and show your passport at the kiosk to register upon purchase.

As you say, under the new regulations it's probable that if you purchased the SIM online, you'd have to stop at the store anyway to activate prior to use.

It's no problem to purchase and activate the SIM at the provider kiosk, literally only takes a couple of minutes once you get to the counter.

Sometimes there is a line, sometimes not, just depends on when you get there.   :Dunno:

Merci beaucoup:)

Archived