IGNORED

Where have you stayed that had the most reliable wifi?

Stroth

Good day all,

I am making my first trip and have a month booked at what looks to be a nice place and it sounds as though the wifi is as good as one can come to expect in town. I will be working a few hours a day so it is vital that I have a decent wifi location. Ive come to realize now that I can stay longer than originally thought and I am not sure yet if I will be able to stay in the same location for an additional month, I have a feeling they are booked.

Can anyone offer a suggestion from their personal experience a nice moderately priced accommodation that may not have everything, but at least is known for dependable internet connection.

Thanks in advance.

I work when I am in pattaya so like you need a good WIFI / internet conenction. I use this guy to find me condo with excellent Wifi and he has not let me down yet.

Talk to Gianluca at this address ..[email protected]   ....

.. I use him now for all my accommodation needs and my friends do also.  Mention you found about him on PA in one of the posts.

Told I would need to work so he ensured the condo's I rented from him had good WIFI which was indepndant line in not shared so router was in the room and could use a lan cable as well.

Drop him a mail sure he will be able to advise.

I work when I am in pattaya so like you need a good WIFI / internet conenction. I use this guy to find me condo with excellent Wifi and he has not let me down yet.

Talk to Gianluca at this address ..[email protected]   ....

.. I use him now for all my accommodation needs and my friends do also.  Mention you found about him on PA in one of the posts.

Told I would need to work so he ensured the condo's I rented from him had good WIFI which was indepndant line in not shared so router was in the room and could use a lan cable as well.

Drop him a mail sure he will be able to advise.

Why thank you T-T-T.

I will surely be e-mailing him and will mention the source of the tip.

Cheers

I stayed at Canterbury Tales on Soi Chaiyapoon for a month this year. Never had a single problem with the wi-fi there.

Retox, Soi lengkee without a doubt.. i think its like fiber optic or something they stream some sports an it never goes down plus they have about 4 different wifi connections... all super fast

I stayed at Canterbury Tales on Soi Chaiyapoon for a month this year. Never had a single problem with the wi-fi there.

Retox, Soi lengkee without a doubt.. i think its like fiber optic or something they stream some sports an it never goes down plus they have about 4 different wifi connections... all super fast

thanks guys,

dont want to push my luck, but would either of you say that streaming sports is possible in those spots? Its kinda part of the job.  I know, lucky me. :)

Hasn't happened yet.

Marriott has great wifi and internet connections, VERY FAST!

I'll second this. Excellent connection throughout the hotel and grounds. Never had an issue. Always been free, but perhaps only for Gold & Platinum members; not really sure for everyone else.

We have a 30mbs fibre optic backbone with a strong signal to all the rooms. Pics, rates and BM reviews in the thread.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/235890-rooms-at-the-hunny-pot-soi-honey/

Cheers

Al

Blue Sky Group Ban Chang 0861415944 

https://www.facebook.com/Blue-Sky-Group-Ban-Chang-110095910415280

I've generally had great wifi service.  Only issues I have had with poor wifi reception were at Sea Me Spring.

The Scenery hotel in Soi 11 (Honey) had good Wifi. I have weekly webinars and no probs

"I like my Dessert first" :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1:

• 3 weeks later...

Did speedtest in marriot room last week :downlowd 38 mbps,pretty fast and always reliable for me

Pattaya Bay Resort behind the Avenue mall

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

I just spent a month (September 2015) in Thailand. Two weeks on vacation, with occasional check-ins at work. Then I had to work 8 hours a day for the last two weeks. So good wifi was critical. I've got two laptops, both running two different VPNs. Here's what I experienced...

The Dawin - Bangkok

I spent ten days in Bangkok at the Dawin on Soi 4. Just a few minutes walk to Nana Plaza. Excellent wifi! I had to login to their wifi each day but that was no problem. The signal was strong and consistent. Never had a problem. The hotel is very clean. The small bar in front is open 24 hours a day. So when I finished work at 4:00 AM I could have a few drinks before going to bed. I could even carry my laptop from my room to the bar and the wifi never cut out. Friendly staff. 100% girl and ladyboy friendly. Comfortable beds. Breakfast not that great. But there's a place about half way towards Nana that has 24 hour breakfast. Don't remember the name, sorry. Highly recommend this hotel.

S31 - Bangkok

NICE hotel! Super comfortable beds. Centrally located. Fantastic breakfast. Don't know about girl-friendly. I brought my own. :) Very good internet. Expensive, but worth it. I would stay again.

Amari Vogue - Krabi

5-star hotel and totally worth it! Best breakfast I've ever had in any country! I might write up a review about this in a separate thread. But for this thread, the wifi was just acceptable in the room. Not good elsewhere. And cell phone signal is sketchy.

On to Pattaya...

I booked Nam several times on this trip to drive me from Bangkok to Pattaya. And back. And forth. Highly recommended! Great lady. Great driver. Take care of her if you can. I mention her because when she dropped me off at this first hotel, she said she only takes Indians here...

Centara Pattaya 

Yes, the guests were predominantly from India. But so what? This hotel has the best wifi I have ever experienced in a hotel. I would have stayed longer but they were fully booked. In low season. Why? Probably because the rooms are really nice and the price is really low. I paid about 1600 Baht per night. Great beds. Great food. And I had a really great view of the ocean. The in-room menu is tiny. But if you go to the restaurant in the lobby and order off the full menu they will bring it to your room. I did have a connection issue during a heavy storm, but it cleared up quickly. And one of the best things about the hotel is that it is a very short walk to Soi 6. I can't recommend this hotel enough.

Amari Nova - Pattaya

Piece 'o shit! Wifi was almost non-existant. And the room smelled like ammonia. AVOID!

VT6 Condotel - Pattaya

A "hotel" inside of VT6. I booked for four nights because I had read here that the wifi was fantastic. It was not. It was consistent, but slow. I stayed in room 20-762. 20th floor. I can't imagine a better view. You can see the Pattaya sign. And you can see the beachfront in Pattaya and all the way to the ocean over by Jomtien. If wifi isn't a priority, I highly recommend. It's a little rundown. Just a little. And the bed is second-rate. But the lighting is cool. Lots of dimmer switches. The AC is small but worked great! And it had a fan which really helped. Very girl friendly. I didn't have to sign anyone in. But it seemed like you could sign a girl in if you wanted to. I would stay here again if I didn't need to work. Oh... it's a long walk just to get outside. The building is huge! And the hallways aren't air-conditioned. So by the time you walk all the way to the elevator, then ride it down, then walk all the way to the front door... then down the stairs... then down the driveway to 2nd Road... you're pretty warm. And for some reason there's no Beach Road exit. Not that I found anyway. Lastly, this is the first place I've found where you don't need to leave the key in a slot to keep the power on. I turned the AC off when I left (and it stayed cool due to good insulation) but you could leave it on if you want.

10/10

Bangkok - The Dawin

Pattaya - Centara Pattaya

0/10

Pattaya - Amari Nova Suites (nothing "sweet" about it)

And for some reason there's no Beach Road exit. Not that I found anyway. 

It is a beach road exit, at least it was last september when i was there. Photo taken from BR.

VT6 entrance are to the right in picture

P1080089.jpg

BayBreeze I find is pretty consistent over the years. Not very fast though. But I ont bring work with me on holidays , so it works ok for me. 

• 2 years later...

The problem is sometimes not the hotel wifi but your next door neighbours. I have consistently found that the speeds vary when my nghnpurs are in (slow) or out(fast) and usually if they are Indian... you are fucked ! They have all sorts of boosters etc and download heaps... I am only speaking from my experiences, I am not being Racist. At the moment I am in trouble since the next 2 rooms have been taken by Undian guests and my Wifi speed has hit almist non existant... Reallt felt loke confronting them but nothing I can do . Grrrr ! 

Archived