IGNORED

Very Dangerous Sidewalk-Pothole In Angeles City, Philippines

While these picture were not taken in Pattaya, I thought I'd share this here as I've seen things along similar lines in Pattaya.

During a recent trip to Angeles City, I brought a friend along, who visited the Philippines for the very first time.

Within one hour of our arrival in Angeles City, we were walking along Fields Avenue.  I was looking about at the intersection across from the Mansoon Drug store, and slowly walking forward, when my friend halts me, as he noticed this giant pothole, which I didn't.  It scares me to think of what might have happened if he wasn't there to stop me.

The hole is about ten-feet in depth, and looks like a death trap.

For days, or during the duration of my stay there, literally nothing was done about this gaping hole, not even fenced off with a caution sign.  It amazed me that this went week(s) without being tended to.  I'll be in Angeles again next week and it'll be interesting to see what, if anything, has been done.

See Pictures below.

Be careful out there.

Yssg3Cu.jpg

xVhtarZ.jpg

WdwPgxT.jpg

WW2BTTS.jpg

There is a story on Thai Visa today about a Brit who fell into a deep hole in Northern Bangkok. With his friends fortunately who called rescue squad to pull him out. No money in Philippines for repairs, most of it stolen by the politicians I think. There was a very deep hole outside Dr Holmes bar, in Angeles right on the corner of the main road and it went unrepaired for over 6 months.

Many on that stretch from Mcdo to the Super market

Lb

They'll probably use straws to fix it ... Oh wait no, that's for broken flush handles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<p>Rope a dope the evil with righteous bobbing and weaving ... and let the good get even. Welcome the the Terrordome. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>(Chuck D)

That would have hurt!

+1

Why would they not but some sort of cones at least around it in a while walked path.

It looks like a side entry storm water drain/pit!

More like the puki on the dancer from Angelwitch I barfined last trip............................

Not much better than some of the main roads in the UK now!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

A pothole my arse, that a sinkhole .... There's a difference... They bury you six feet under... If someone falls in there no telling if they will emerge unscathed

Archived