IGNORED

Anyone collect or believe in Thai Amulets

I have been collecting Thai amulets since my first trip back in 2013, I was given a master Tim amulet. I am a believer that the amulets bring good fortune and protect us. Here is my collection.20150828_165344.jpg20150828_165344.jpg

i have many that i have been given over the years also a couple of yak sant tats that i have collected on my adventures .  the aesthetics are pleasing but as for

good luclk and making me bullet proof  ..... i make my own luck and i trust Kevlar much more   :GoldenSmile1:

Yeah they don't seem to work too well for thousands of locals who get shot, stabbed or die on the roads !

Don't really believe in that sort of thing but I have a few that I was given whilst in Pattaya.

The main one was from my manager about 11 years ago, an oval shaped one surrounded in (real) gold with a famous monk on it, Apparently its about 80 years old and quite valuable.

:)

"Anyone collect or believe in Thai Amulets"

Obviously some people do, but I'm not one of them.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Don't really believe in that sort of thing but I have a few that I was given whilst in Pattaya.

The main one was from my manager about 11 years ago, an oval shaped one surrounded in (real) gold with a famous monk on it, Apparently its about 80 years old and quite valuable.

:)

Lucky man, some of these can fetch up to a million Baht if rare enough. I had bad experiences with nightmares in Thailand and wearing mine actually got rid of them.

I have been collecting Thai amulets since my first trip back in 2013, I was given a master Tim amulet. I am a believer that the amulets bring good fortune and protect us. Here is my collection.attachicon.gif20150828_165344.jpgattachicon.gif20150828_165344.jpg

My ex Thai wife had hundreds of them

Did not give her a lot of luck

She died aged 41

Lucky man, some of these can fetch up to a million Baht if rare enough. I had bad experiences with nightmares in Thailand and wearing mine actually got rid of them.

I collected them for years when I lived in Pataya they bring me a lot of comfort. The top one Pim Yai made by Somdej Toh from Wat Rakang is easily the most desired. They start at 5M and can go as high as 20M THB.

I was ordained by L.P. Sin who along with L.P Sakorn were students of L.P. Tim. It was a real honour. 

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.

Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

• 5 months later...

I collected them for years when I lived in Pataya they bring me a lot of comfort. The top one Pim Yai made by Somdej Toh from Wat Rakang is easily the most desired. They start at 5M and can go as high as 20M THB.

I was ordained by L.P. Sin who along with L.P Sakorn were students of L.P. Tim. It was a real honour. 

So people trade the amulet ? When it become hot item, the price will be soar ?

If it really like that, the amulet is a good investment...not only a good luck charm

• 2 weeks later...

So people trade the amulet ? When it become hot item, the price will be soar ?

If it really like that, the amulet is a good investment...not only a good luck charm

Many collect Amulets but not for the investment for the believed power they offer the wearer. With a Somdej Toh, WRK, Pim Yai going for north of 5,000,000 THB its a very specialized market.

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.

Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

I do, I wear a gold chain the the bars and the thai girls flock around me, must be good luck

How anyone could believe in an amulet is quite frankly astonishing but if it was Father Christmas.............

I have a little Budda on the pushbike handle bars, helps me keep my temper with fucking, bastard, useless, twating drivers who try to kill me every time I ride thro town, me being invisible to them blinds TWATS.

Rant over.

Paddy to Murphy, Oh ! The police is here. Quick! Jump out of the window!

Murphy, But this is the 13th floor.

Paddy. Hurry! this is no time for superstitions.

I do, I wear a gold chain the the bars and the thai girls flock around me, must be good luck

Stop paying them and see if it still works lol

You will soon be wearing a metal bar at the back of your noggin, with no chain and bars is sight.

I am a believer that the amulets bring good fortune and protect us.

Could you explain the mechanism by which they do that?

Could you explain the mechanism by which they do that?

It channels the external chi of all ambient beings within a certain spiritual distance, tuning the force of the wearer to the same nodulistic margin while at the same time dislodging plaque from the teeth. Quite fascinating stuff.

I have been collecting Thai amulets since my first trip back in 2013, I was given a master Tim amulet. I am a believer that the amulets bring good fortune and protect us. Here is my collection.attachicon.gif20150828_165344.jpgattachicon.gif20150828_165344.jpg

I have a unique Harbour Bridge in Sydney that may interest you......

i have many that i have been given over the years also a couple of yak sant tats that i have collected on my adventures .  the aesthetics are pleasing but as for

good luclk and making me bullet proof  ..... i make my own luck and i trust Kevlar much more   :GoldenSmile1:

My own preference is to wear an under garment made of 482 tanned foreskins ritually circumsized from prepubescent Jewish boys by an ordained Rabbi.

The ongoing problem is, that I'm always closely followed everywhere I go by female Dogs on heat......

My ex Thai wife had hundreds of them

Did not give her a lot of luck

She died aged 41

Probably from a heart attack while carrying them all ?

Christ beejesus mate, oive never met a real Saint before !  5555

It channels the external chi of all ambient beings within a certain spiritual distance, tuning the force of the wearer to the same nodulistic margin while at the same time dislodging plaque from the teeth. Quite fascinating stuff.

While all these years I've been thinking it was to do with the cosmic alignment of Citrus Trees and Cane Toads......

While all these years I've been thinking it was to do with the cosmic alignment of Citrus Trees and Cane Toads......

Don't feel bad, many make that mistake. Forty two in the last week alone.

Archived