IGNORED

Good standard hotel for 1 month+ stay

JonnyR

Been coming to Patts for long while now, but always for 2 weeks at a time because of work. Well expecting a 'chat' about redundancy with the boss this Friday and planning on an extended trip to LOS and Patts next time, but I won't be paying the 'Agoda' prices for Central Patts hotel for a month,

So could anyone recommend decent hotel, centrally located, with a 20000 baht or less budget. I can and probably will book something for the first few nights and look around, just looking for ideas or names and locations that I wouldn't be familiar with

Top priority is quietness at nighttime, good AC and working wifi. Don't want to worry about insects in the room etc.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

Most of the guesthouses run by BM`s would come in at less than 20k? or somewhere like LK mansion would be about that price for a month. Could also check some condo places out e.g. center condo and the Avenue complexes.

At the moment R-Residence are doing 9K/month plus use of their sister hotel's pool and Tony's Gym, also included weekly house keeping with sheet changing and twice a week for towels. The place is a bit old, but for me it is in a prime location, major draw back is they charge 9B/unit for electricity and extra for internet.

Don't go off their internet rates email the manager', walk in rate where 650B per night!

It might not be the place for you, but there are some bargains about, if you are prepared to beat the feet and have a look.

http://www.r-conhotel.com/r-con/index.html

[email protected]

post-82617-0-33054200-1440668053_thumb.png

OP - Pattaya Bay Resort have an offer of monthly rates at 20,000THB.

Pattaya Bay Resort

We are central to everything JonnyR, have a look at my website and PM me if you want to learn more.

Cheers

Alan.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

I think Sutus Court on Soi Buakhow, not too far from Soi Diana has rates in your vicinity. I've never stayed there but they seem to get pretty good reports.

Cheers

Check in somewhere and look around.

Chose your preferred location, taking into account any late night noisy bars or the dreaded karaoke ones and if any building works are very nearby.

When you've selected a few places check out the rooms, explain that your looking to stay for "X" amount of time and what deal can they give to you.

Most will give you a good deal, even a seemingly great one but will say that you must pay extra for water and electricity.

Its a balancing act, if you cant sleep without the air-con on the electricity bill will be high and you must consider that when looking at the prices.

Some though will give you an all inclusive price, daily room cleaning, electricity and water included so its a finite amount.

With the latter you know exactly how much your paying, with the former you really don't until they tell how much extra you have to pay for what you have used.

The vast majority of places make a profit out of charging you extra for these as your paying far more than its actually costing them. Its an extra profit for them and there is nothing at all wrong with that if you take these charges into account when looking at the room rate.

If though you use little electricity, don't have the air-con on much, if at all, watch little TV and don't take loads of long hot showers the places that charge extra can still be an extremely good deal.

You will find many places well within your total monthly budget, its just down to you to do some research when your on the ground and really only you can decide the location and price balance thats best for you and a room you really enjoy staying in.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for all the venues. Its been a heck-tick couple of weeks. Came back from Patts on Aug 24th, straight into work and a week in the London office. Came back to Ireland on Friday 28th Aug and had 'the' chat with the boss about redundancy.

Now let me tell you something about this tulip - I've worked for near 8 years for him as his Accountant. I got paid through one of his companies, and most people would understand, if you work for any decent length of time, you are entitled to a minimum notice period. Well the chit started off by talking about how much a contribution I had made over the last 8 years and felt that an offer of paying me for 2 months wages plus about €36k would be enough provided I went that evening. WTF!!!

8 years, no pension contributions, and you want to give me 1 days notice. No fcuking way.

I let him have it. Fcuked him out of it. Said I was tired of listening to his BS, and that it was time to pony up or shut up.

Unbeknownst to him I had found out he was rehiring a former employee to take over doing some of my functions. He also had been making suggestions about how positive the jobs market was out there and that I should send in my CV to various banks and government departments.

I told him all of the above constituted him trying to push me out the door, and that he wasn't treating me like everyone else in the company.

Told him flat out I did not believe there was a redundancy scenario and told him I wanted just under double what he had originally suggested.

In the end I got what I wanted, so have a cushion to enjoy the next few months and can come back in the new year and look for a job.

I've booked a week in Patts from Sept 26 and will look around at the various hotels and ask about monthly rates. But am planning on spending some time in Buriram with my tilac :)

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

Give me a call when you are here,  and if I have an apartment available we can arrange for you to come and take a look and discus rental price.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Check in somewhere and look around.

Chose your preferred location, taking into account any late night noisy bars or the dreaded karaoke ones and if any building works are very nearby.

When you've selected a few places check out the rooms, explain that your looking to stay for "X" amount of time and what deal can they give to you.

Most will give you a good deal, even a seemingly great one but will say that you must pay extra for water and electricity.

Its a balancing act, if you cant sleep without the air-con on the electricity bill will be high and you must consider that when looking at the prices.

Some though will give you an all inclusive price, daily room cleaning, electricity and water included so its a finite amount.

With the latter you know exactly how much your paying, with the former you really don't until they tell how much extra you have to pay for what you have used.

The vast majority of places make a profit out of charging you extra for these as your paying far more than its actually costing them. Its an extra profit for them and there is nothing at all wrong with that if you take these charges into account when looking at the room rate.

If though you use little electricity, don't have the air-con on much, if at all, watch little TV and don't take loads of long hot showers the places that charge extra can still be an extremely good deal.

You will find many places well within your total monthly budget, its just down to you to do some research when your on the ground and really only you can decide the location and price balance thats best for you and a room you really enjoy staying in.

Spot on many miss "the small print" and end up paying a lot more than the attractive basic rental price.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Give me a call when you are here,  and if I have an apartment available we can arrange for you to come and take a look and discus rental price.

JDM

Excellence post mate - thanks for the update. Clearly your employer was trying it on, a blatant case of 'constructive dismissal'. Its great you got what you wanted though. Enjoy your time in LoS.

Archived