Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

DTAC Expired SIM - Options?

night_rider

Normally I travel twice a year to LOS but the last year I've not been able to get away. I have a DTAC SIM card with the same number for the past 3-4 years. Even though I didn't come to LOS I topped up last December from my Kasikorn account in order to keep the SIM active. My original Happy package was good for 365 days after top up.

I may have changed the package on my last trip. Honestly I can't remember. Regardless DTAC says it expired in March 2015 and was returned to the pool for reassignment. 

Is there ANY way to get the number back?

It's a minor thing really but I would like to keep it. If I can't are there any voices that recommend AIS or True over DTAC on my next trip?

My primary concerns:

* good for 365 days

* 4G LTE speeds in Pattaya and Khon Kaen

* Decent per minute rates

* Fat bucket of 4G data

• 3 weeks later...

... If I can't are there any voices that recommend AIS or True over DTAC on my next trip?

My primary concerns:

* good for 365 days

* 4G LTE speeds in Pattaya and Khon Kaen

* Decent per minute rates

* Fat bucket of 4G data

I have only used a DTAC SIM card on every visit since it works fine with my phone and was cheap.  I just saw these two DTAC Happy Tourist SIM Add-on packages:  180-day (50 baht/time) and 365-day (100 baht/time) Validity Extension.  I did not know DTAC had such add on extensions, but this may meet your 365 day concern.

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/tourist-packages.html

I have only used a DTAC SIM card on every visit since it works fine with my phone and was cheap.  I just saw these two DTAC Happy Tourist SIM Add-on packages:  180-day (50 baht/time) and 365-day (100 baht/time) Validity Extension.  I did not know DTAC had such add on extensions, but this may meet your 365 day concern.

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/tourist-packages.html

I'm guessing it was actually the source of my mistake. I believe the extended validity packages come with higher per call costs. For this reason on my last trip I changed the package and must have forgotten to change it back. I'm guessing my old number is just gone but I'll look sad at the DTAC booth at the airport and see what the girls can do.

Archived