IGNORED

Etihad to reduce luggage allowance on flights

doctor nick

http://www.etihad.com/en/plan-and-book/etihad-fare-choices/fare-choices-overview/

fyi fellow bm's:

In the inbox today. Looks like etihad are going the way of some of their european counterparts in the near future by reducing the baggage allowance from 30 to 23 kilos and removing some other benefits on their cheap fares. I'll be keeping tabs on what they now do on my silver status on the ff scheme in regards to the free 10 kilo baggage allowance and lounge access going forwards. thankfully booked the next 2 flights already this year with them so shouldn't affect me on those.

30KG Luggage down to 22KG.

They are handing more business to Emirates on a plate.

Just how can you expect us guys to only take 22 KG of luggage.

Thai Airways did this years back & then reverted to 30KG of luggage for economy passengers.

30 KG is a minimum for me.

Jack.

30KG Luggage down to 22KG.

They are handing more business to Emirates on a plate.

Just how can you expect us guys to only take 22 KG of luggage.

Thai Airways did this years back & then reverted to 30KG of luggage for economy passengers.

30 KG is a minimum for me.

Jack.

You guys need to read the full article before jumping in.

Etihad are using a flexible approach to fares I had the email as well.  Its not just about weight.  I had 4 options to choose from in Economy.  Miles are useless these days for flight redemption so I'll take just 25% of the norm to keep the fare lowest.

Travel Supermarket will just show the cheapest option available so if you need 30kg check that tickets details in advance.

I'm bemused with anyone saying 23kg isn't enough either. My main bag rarely deviates from 11-13kg and thats one or two month stays

So currently on Etihad "Breaking Deals" you can take 30kg of luggage in economy and pay a fee to change a flight, in future you can only take 23kg and you cannot change the flight.  In business for the "Breaking Deals" fare you are currently entitled to the chauffeur and can also change dates for a fee, both will disappear under their new fare structure so it is not really like the flexible approach they are trying to portray.  If you start charging for something that was free in the past, that in my opinion is not a 'tailored option' as they are trying to portray but an increased fare!

In addition if you are flying from Ireland the evening flight disappears over the winter and does not reappear until May/June next year thereby severely limiting the choice for those travelling from outside Dublin as it is an 8.30am departure!

Yes they do seem to be handing travel from Dublin to Emirates..... 

Anyone who needs 30kg is taking too much!

My 2-week suitcase weighed 13kg last trip.

Pro-tip: Laundries.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

You guys need to read the full article before jumping in.

Etihad are using a flexible approach to fares I had the email as well.  Its not just about weight.  I had 4 options to choose from in Economy.  Miles are useless these days for flight redemption so I'll take just 25% of the norm to keep the fare lowest.

Travel Supermarket will just show the cheapest option available so if you need 30kg check that tickets details in advance.

I'm bemused with anyone saying 23kg isn't enough either. My main bag rarely deviates from 11-13kg and thats one or two month stays

I need to see a pic of the contents in your case ???

Anyone who needs 30kg is taking too much!

My 2-week suitcase weighed 13kg last trip.

Pro-tip: Laundries.

last 6 times at least i have flown in with more than 40 kg.

i go back with about 11.

i have a gold FF so even if it drops to 23 plus 20 now for gold i should be ok.

that's not inc hand luggage of course.

Jack can I reverse that and see whats in yours !!

Archived