Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

how long do I need on my UK passport?

danmanc12

Most countries in SE Asia want 6 months left on the passport when you enter the country.

(Japan and Korea appear to be exceptions)

Countries with 6 Month Validity Rules http://www.uspassporthelpguide.com/six-months-validity-rule/

Albania

Angola

Bahamas

Bahrain

Belize

Bolivia

Botswana

Brazil

Brunei

Burma (Myanmar)

Burundi

China

Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)

Ecuador (including Galápagos Islands)

French Polynesia

Guyana

Honduras

Indonesia

Iran

Iraq

Jamaica

Kenya

Kiribati

Kenya

Mexico

Madagascar

Malaysia

Mauritius

Mozambique

Namibia

New Caledonia

Nicaragua

Oman

Palau

Papua New Guinea

Philippines

Saudi Arabia

Singapore

St. Lucia

Taiwan

Tajikistan

Tanzania

Thailand

Timor-Leste (East Timor)

Trinidad & Tobago

Turkmenistan

Uganda

Ukraine

Venezuela

Vietnam

Zambia

I'd never trust a list like pulled from a random internet site. I know for fact that 6 months are not needed for Brazil and Philippines for most nationalities. Maybe for Americans to apply for a Brazilian visa. The Star Alliance link posted here shows information used by airlines and is much better.

I'd never trust a list like pulled from a random internet site. I know for fact that 6 months are not needed for Brazil and Philippines for most nationalities. Maybe for Americans to apply for a Brazilian visa. The Star Alliance link posted here shows information used by airlines and is much better.

For UK passports 6 months is required for both Brazil and Philippines

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

I don't understand why you're even asking the question ,you have  4 months to get yourself a new passport , and therefore remove any doubt  , your'e going to have to renew it soon anyway.

As the link says, it's for US citizens.

And it's not a "random" site, don't speak like a teenager. :-)

Think like a VC - fail quickly, try often

In the thread title the OP is asking about UK passports

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

In the thread title the OP is asking about UK passports

Good point, just broadened the scope a bit. Usually though, the Anglo countries get the same treatment in Thailand, ref drivers license for example, so might be valid.

Think like a VC - fail quickly, try often

It's a private website that takes you to an expedited passport renewal company, who doesn't quote its sources. That's as random as it gets as far as I'm concerned. The US department of state gives different validity rules (less than 6 months) for travel to: Albania, Brazil, Bahamas, Belize, Taiwan, Mexico, Jamaica, Ukraine, those are just the ones I checked. I have no dog in the fight and sure it's better to be safe than sorry, but the info is simply not accurate.

6 months validity remaining on your passport at time of entry into Thailand this is required for Aussies, some airlines wont let you book if this requirement is not met.

passport validity

Ha, I got deported on my last trip which was in May and I had EIGHT years left on it ......

I traveled Heathrow to Bangkok via Dubai with Emirates, even upgraded to business with air miles.

Anyhow when i produced my passport at Dubai i was refused to continue as two pages had come loose

they were not damaged in any way and you could clearly see I was the owner.

No matter how much i persisted the passport was good i was returned to the UK to apply for another passport.

• 2 weeks later...

6 months validity remaining on your passport at time of entry into Thailand this is required for Aussies, some airlines wont let you book if this requirement is not met.

Airlines may not let you fly, but they do let you book. I'm sure plenty of people buy flights first and only after that sort out documents.

It is the same policies for all nationality , I had to renew my passport after ten years roaming around and it take me a while back home cuz I had to clear many old mini criminal cases lol and pay some fines

Sent from Dishwasher

<CENTER><h2 style="background-color:red;color:red;">-</h2><p style="background-color:orange;color:orange;">-</p><p style="background-color:yellow;color:yellow;">-</p></body>

Archived